Mods For Mccleod

house

I am not seeing a bug-buster on there.

That's a good point... Butch, you need that kind of thing? I know Travis was having a clearance sale of sorts....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer
I am not seeing a bug-buster on there.

That's a good point... Butch, you need that kind of thing? I know Travis was having a clearance sale of sorts....

right after I got lots of life insurance, my wife told me to ride anytime i wanted to ride -- rain, ice, sleet, snow -- whatever! bugbuster would be great, just put it on and tell me how much I owe you -- red or gold? Thanks for the great work.

• 2 weeks later...

Right on!!! Making some good headway here... The wiring is all done, the voltage is steady so far, and I need to charge your battery from testing so much wink.gif I will trickle charge it over the weekend, I have a really good charger. Got a lot done... the front cowl is all set and mounted... the grips feel solid (but I need to change out the Progrips for the ones bought you - so you can see if you like them.) Calling Wera in a few to see if I can hook up with him tomorrow to drop the parts off. All is set at MotoSports to do your warranty work. I might ride my CBR next week and loan you my rims off my 07 to speed up the process (since your rims and my spares will be in Athens getting coated.) :rolleyes: Still have not seen your tires, can you check on them?

Moddin the tag (The 08 sticker took me hours to put on!!

butch10.jpg

Check out the loom wrap on your heated grip wires - that should keep them safe

butch11.jpg

And the other side all wrapped up

butch12.jpg

Moved the indicator for the Kissan headlight modulator

butch13.jpg

Chromed bulbs.... sweet!

butch5.jpg

Installed Right

butch6.jpg

Plain clear blub

butch7.jpg

They look like this when on

butch9.jpg

New signals on and working!

butch14.jpg

Dark View

butch15.jpg

Close up

butch16.jpg

They look like this when the power is off (in the dark)

butch17.jpg

With the flash

butch18.jpg

Confirmed your BB should be on the way soon from Travis

Just got off the phone with Ken, I meet up with him tomorrow.

I will order the bearings and seals over the weekend.

MotoSports is supposed to call me Monday to confirm that they have the parts for your warranty work.

Man, we are getting close! Did you order your MagKnight tank protector? Also, did you want frame sliders? If so, we need to order them quick, they take awhile to get across the pond.

Also, did you want to powdercoat the passenger or rider footpegs and mounts? (keep in mind that the stuff next to the rider pegs will remain silver - so you may want to leave them silver; the passenger pegs might look cool, though.) Take a look at pics of my bike if you need to see what I am referring to.

One last question - we are going with the GOLD, correct? Just double checking.

I met with WERA803 to drop off the parts for powdercoat yesterday... though Athens was an hour away, but forgot about the fact that I live up in Canton... so it's about 1:45. All I can say is it's a good thing he and I don't live near each other... we would build some crazy stuff!!! He has the same modding sickness as me and the coolest shop I have ever seen!! He's got two of everything I want smile.gif Many thanks to him for helping me take the last few pieces of the swingarm apart, I owe you for that!! He is a super nice guy with a killer garage and a very tolerant wife. Anyway, the part should be ready to go in a couple of weeks or so, then I will head up there to pick them up. I will try to get the rest buttoned up (holidays permitting.)

I met with WERA803 to drop off the parts for powdercoat yesterday... though Athens was an hour away, but forgot about the fact that I live up in Canton... so it's about 1:45. All I can say is it's a good thing he and I don't live near each other... we would build some crazy stuff!!! He has the same modding sickness as me and the coolest shop I have ever seen!! He's got two of everything I want smile.gif Many thanks to him for helping me take the last few pieces of the swingarm apart, I owe you for that!! He is a super nice guy with a killer garage and a very tolerant wife. Anyway, the part should be ready to go in a couple of weeks or so, then I will head up there to pick them up. I will try to get the rest buttoned up (holidays permitting.)

She is actually just a girlfriend, but seems like we are married sometimes. :beer:

Hey, I got the bolt out of the bracket today. Since I drilled the first hole all of the way through, I was able to use a punch and get the extractor out from the other end. I then drilled the hole one size bigger, got the MAPP gas out and heated the part up (I think I got it about 250 degrees), then put the bigger extractor in and it came right out. Funny thing though, it is a left handed thread. That is probably why it was broke in the first place. Whoever you got it from was turning it the wrong way to get it out and snapped off the head.

I went to Pep Boys today to get a press, but they were out. They said tomorrow the truck comes in and it should have more on it. Hopefully it will be no problem pressing in the new bearings for you. Oh, and thanks for the excuse to buy another tool. :goofy:

Got the tires, valve stems, weights, and bearings off the wheels today as well. They are ready to go to the powdercoater tomorrow. :beer:

She is actually just a girlfriend, but seems like we are married sometimes. :goofy:

Hey, I got the bolt out of the bracket today. Since I drilled the first hole all of the way through, I was able to use a punch and get the extractor out from the other end. I then drilled the hole one size bigger, got the MAPP gas out and heated the part up (I think I got it about 250 degrees), then put the bigger extractor in and it came right out. Funny thing though, it is a left handed thread. That is probably why it was broke in the first place. Whoever you got it from was turning it the wrong way to get it out and snapped off the head.

I went to Pep Boys today to get a press, but they were out. They said tomorrow the truck comes in and it should have more on it. Hopefully it will be no problem pressing in the new bearings for you. Oh, and thanks for the excuse to buy another tool. :goofy:

Got the tires, valve stems, weights, and bearings off the wheels today as well. They are ready to go to the powdercoater tomorrow. :beer:

You rock!! Just let me know how much I owe you! BTW, the wife wants a set of those Big Ears... so I will bring the girls with me when we get it all ready so she can be fitted if that is OK.

Guess I better get busy and buy some bearings! smile.gif

That would be me (turing it the wrong way)... but I tried turning the other way at first and it wouldn't come out that way either. So I tried backing it down, which is when it broke. I thought about trying to find another one, but that part was really hard to come by believe it or not. There are tons of swingarms, but none of the thing that they mount to. It took about 15 emails to a dealer before he understood what I was looking for :P

OK, bearings are on the way for the swingarm and three sets of wheels (I have another set to coat when these are done smile.gif All I may need now is the seals and bearings for the thing in the center of the rear hub

BTW, the wife wants a set of those Big Ears... so I will bring the girls with me when we get it all ready so she can be fitted if that is OK.

No problem at all. Does she want ear plugs or stereo plugs for music?? I've made several sets for women that have husbands that snore. B)

BTW, the wife wants a set of those Big Ears... so I will bring the girls with me when we get it all ready so she can be fitted if that is OK.

No problem at all. Does she want ear plugs or stereo plugs for music?? I've made several sets for women that have husbands that snore. B)

Ear plugs for her ipod... which only gets used at the gym... so it's terribly important that she can hear well wink.gif

Ear plugs for her ipod... which only gets used at the gym... so it's terribly important that she can hear well wink.gif

Of course it is. How is she going to get into working out if she can't tone people out and just hear the music?? :D

I actually did a set for my sister as well. Women usually have smaller ears and nothing on the market really fits well. Ear buds just plain suck and are painful. We can talk about the different options and applications when I do the impressions for her, but if that is all she wants them for, the hard acrylic recreational ones should fit the bill just fine.

• 1 month later...

I should be putting the bug buster on tomorrow. Thanks to Travis for all the awesome work and Ken for hooking me up and saving me many trips to Athens!

Butch, I got your wheels, but as discussed, the centers were hand painted a different gold than the rims. So I got some black paint and will touch them up tonight unless you change your mind. Check out the pics...

Wheels

butch99.jpg

And the "slightly off" touch-up gold

butch98.jpg

• Member Contributer

You weren't kidd'n. WOW! What's up with the valve stems? Did they come like that, or are they painted?

Butch ordered silver valve stems and I thought they would look kind of funny on the gold wheels, so I pulled the valve cores, cap o-ring, and bottom sealing o-ring and had them powdercoated the same as the wheels. They turned out pretty good except you can still see some of the silver threads because the cap doesn't cover all of them.

Check Ken out!!! Always looking out for others!

Hey Butch, I made a lot of progress over the weekend, you can check the pics below. I should wrap it up tonight and be ready for the dealership on Tuesday. I think you Kissan headlight modulator is shot... so here's what I propose: Order a new one and I will get it mounted. Then we can put the old one in the box and return it. I think this is the fastest way to get finished. I messed with that thing for about an hour and finally got tired of it. Your bike is now really clean too wink.gif

Painted the center of the wheel

b10.jpg

The wheel will look like this when done

b20.jpg

Rear Wheel mounted

b11.jpg

Cleaned the swingarm and stuff smile.gif

b12.jpg

Re-Wrapped this luggage support (it was looking scrappy)

Notice I cleaned and polished the staintunes as well

b13.jpg

Note the heated grip wires are wrapped for looks and protection :thumbsup:

b14.jpg

More wrapping and a GOLD Pazzo!

b15.jpg

Front end buttoned up and a bug buster too! Looks good Riv!

b16.jpg

Another shot... the paint matches nicely. Check the Pazzos. Cleaned the MRA screen too

b17.jpg

No flash shot

b18.jpg

Garmin mount and power cord run

b19.jpg

Lucky bugger having all that work done on your bike for you!!!

Just a quick question: what's the story with those bar risers?? They look like a major rise up, but seems like it defeats the purpose if you're dropping the trees so far down the fork-tubes. Can you explain what's going on there? How do you compensate up back?

Edited by Auspañol

Lucky bugger having all that work done on your bike for you!!!

Just a quick question: what's the story with those bar risers?? They look like a major rise up, but seems like it defeats the purpose if you're dropping the trees so far down the fork-tubes. Can you explain what's going on there? How do you compensate up back?

Better turn-in, w/ no compromise in comfort?

OK, we are just about ready to go. There is a small punch list:

1. I still have some electrical connections to make, but didn't want to do them until the harness is replaced under warranty

2. ABS Light is on (but the bike has bee sitting there for months. If I remember correctly, it was doing this before I pulled the bike apart. Again, I will address once the shop does the factory replacement if it persists.

3. One headlight is out, but I think I know why... will address when the bike gets back

All in all, it's looking good and running solid. If I can beat the rain, off to the shop it goes tomorrow

Quick disconnects for the volt meter

b21.jpg

The other end of the disconnects (you can't mess it up) smile.gif

b22.jpg

b23.jpg

b24.jpg

b25.jpg

b26.jpg

Here's how the wheele turned out...

b27.jpg

b27.jpg

I was wondering if we should have done the rotor centers a different color or not as well since the gold doesn't really match the wheels. But then again the calipers are gold too. My 5th gen had black calipers so I did the rotor centers black.

gallery_1859_551_326343.jpg

• Member Contributer

b27.jpg

I was wondering if we should have done the rotor centers a different color or not as well since the gold doesn't really match the wheels. But then again the calipers are gold too. My 5th gen had black calipers so I did the rotor centers black.

gallery_1859_551_326343.jpg

Looks fantastic guys! Excuse me while I run down to Countrywide Mortgage and get a second so I can pay what I owe! Worth every penny and more. I love the gold wheels; can't wait to see what it looks like with the chain and new sprocket.

• Member Contributer

A next trick I've learned is to paint the wheel weights a matching color. Pretty easy for me with black wheels as that gold might be harder to match but it should look better than the gray. Bike looks really great!

Butch, here's another thought... you can pull the Throttle Meisters and have them coated too. I think that might look better with the levers, but up to you. It's really easy to do, so you can do it if you decide to, or let me know and I'll drop them when I go later this week to get my swingarm and get fitted for earphones. If not... or you want to wait, you can always pull them and ship them to the powdercoater.

Also, I have another set of rotors you can borrow if you want yours coated

Ken, I want to coat the extra set of rotors, so I will bring them to you later this week!