Got A Recall Notice Today

NCrider

Honda Motor Co. Ltd has decided that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety exists in the wiring harness of certain 2002-2005 mode year VFR800 motorcycles. Bla bla bla

Anyone else get this?

Also says I will be notified when parts are available to fix the problem and to not ride it. Yea right, I already fixed it and no way I'm not riding.

• Member Contributer
Honda Motor Co. Ltd has decided that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety exists in the wiring harness of certain 2002-2005 mode year VFR800 motorcycles. Bla bla bla

Anyone else get this?

Also says I will be notified when parts are available to fix the problem and to not ride it. Yea right, I already fixed it and no way I'm not riding.

Ditto!

if it wasnt already done id let them do it this winter.

i do give honda props for tracking me down since i bought my VFR used.

matter of fact i trust my work better than most shops so my work is staying.

• Member Contributer

Anyone else get this?

Anyone else get this?

Ditto!

Errrrrrr. Another thread? LOL. (Yes I am an a$$).

yep i got that too, i havent had a problem but if its free i will go ahead and get er done.

NC, Wind, Blue,

I KNOW you guys can handle the mods yourself.

if it wasnt already done id let them do it this winter.

i do give honda props for tracking me down since i bought my VFR used.

matter of fact i trust my work better than most shops so my work is staying.

Average Honda tech,...

Clown2.jpg

Do as you will. Not on my bike. You KNOW there gonna do the least amount, and 70% of the problem is the monitor wire. Not try'n to down you guys. I'm just say'n don't fall into the trap. 6 months into the future, you're still walking the bike down the side of the road. I know for a fact that you guys can do the mods, yourselves, in 2 nights, as opposed to parting with your bikes for weeks at a time, dealing with lost bolts, scratched fairings, etc., (and them not owning up to it).......just to end-up walking it back home, from the clown-hut.

Sorry.

--Rant off--

Somebody should put the recall notice on the front page!!

I got it today also, and it's titled as an "Interim Letter to Owners". I called the dealer about the parts for the '02 alternator recall, and they hadn't heard about this one, so there probably is not an official list of VIN numbers, etc, to refer to.

Archived