Vtec Fork Swap Revisited

zRoYz

Hi all, I've been a little quiet due to building & playing with the new CBR1000RR track bike which has replaced the VFR750 track bike. Dan sent me a pm about his VTEC fork swap so thought all the more info can only be a good thing.

Again my plans have been foiled because I was going to rebuild the VFR750 to become my road bike & again sell off my VTEC. I striped the RC51 front off my VTEC write up here http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...c=24867&hl= to reinstall standard gear for bike sale which didn't happen because I like it to much to sell for nothing as there just to cheep brand new.

Pic of VTEC with RC51 front end

vfr800vtecmd4.jpg

vfr800vtecmd4.31c4b5e30c.jpg

I have bought parts to install a 2005 R1 front end to the VFR750 but it will now be going on the VTEC with some extra bling because I can :thumbsup:

The forks are a little special due to custom valving for road use without duel compression & some other tricks but I'm a test pilot for the designer & at the moment am still to try them out (these valves are not designed like everything else which are made for racing & adapted for road use, these are designed for road use from scratch).

Parts list so far to start the ball rolling is as follows:

R1 2005 forks (custom valving)

R1 2005 calipers

R1 2005 rotors

R1 2005 axle & spacers

R1 2005 wheel (5 spoke so good match VFR)

CBR954 lower & upper triple clamps

CBR954 tapered roller bearings

Convertibars

I still have to buy front guard, front master cylinder & make some 3mm spacers to start installing.

The difference between the R1 wheel spacing & the CBR954 is 6mm, that means you need one 3mm spacer added to wheel location side of fork & between each rotor to space out to locate center in radial calipers.

Edited by zRoYz

Coz he sold it to another mate of ours, who now has a FrankenBlackbird smile.gif

yeh & he wont give it back :-(

I'm still holding out to see what Mr Honda does 08 the 750 might still get the R1 forks & the VTEC might be traded :-)