gallery_9499_2301_24704.jpg

8.27.07.2.jpg

gallery_9499_2301_32300.jpg

8.27.07.4.jpg

gallery_9499_2301_7320.jpg

8.27.07.1.jpg

• Member Contributer

gallery_9499_2301_24704.jpg

When I saw this picture, the taped up rear taillight looked like you had chaps on! Freaked me out!

Good riding style..............

• Member Contributer
Got my knees down for the first time on Monday!! :thumbsup:

Cool deal! How many trackdays have you done? I just did my 2nd, at Motorsport Ranch - Cresson, and was almost there...

17.jpg

Thanks! This was my third track day and something "clicked" this time. The VFR is hands down the best "all-purpose" bike out there (mine usually has hard bags, gps and all the other gadgets on it) but it's really not great for the track. I'm really having a hard time trying to figure out what to do because I REALLY like riding at the track (as much as I can afford) and I don't think that a VFR + track bike scenario is possible right now. I think a real sport bike would be a lot more fun on the track and would sure as hell be easier to handle, but I just can't imagine not having the VFR!

Great job.

I love my VFR for the track. I have no problem keeping up with any bikes except leeter bikes on the straights. The VFR is also much more forgiving. It gives you a lot more warning than something like a cbr... AND the sound is to die for.

• Member Contributer

I put my knee down for the first time in February. Isnt it the most addictive feeling in the world? Congrats.

As for two bikes, if you are somewhat mechanically inclined, start looking for a CBR600, R6, Gixxer, etc that some high school kid laid down at slow speeds. If the frame and the engine are ok, then you can hit up a junk yard or find other parts bike and build up a fairly cheap track bike. Several of my friends have done it and I am current looking. Average costs from the friends that have done it has bee around $3k for a track ready bike.

• Member Contributer

Congrats on your goal being met........great pics..................... :thumbsup: :unsure:

• Forum CEO

vfrd does not allow copyrighted photos to be uploaded to the server. It is not difficult to figure out which ones are copyrighted because it is obviously copyrighted when they have the photographers water mark all over them. (www.killboy.com for example) If the photographer allows you to hotlink the photo then thats ok, since it is the orginal from the source. However once you upload it to this server is becomes a copy and vfrd can be held liable - so dont upload copyrighted photos to the server please.

The photo in post 4 is hotlinked - probably not from the original since it says photobucket - but then photobucket has the copyright issue and vfrd, because we are not hosting a copied photo here on the server.

vfrd does not allow copyrighted photos to be uploaded to the server. It is not difficult to figure out which ones are copyrighted because it is obviously copyrighted when they have the photographers water mark all over them. (www.killboy.com for example) If the photographer allows you to hotlink the photo then thats ok, since it is the orginal from the source. However once you upload it to this server is becomes a copy and vfrd can be held liable - so dont upload copyrighted photos to the server please.

The photo in post 4 is hotlinked - probably not from the original since it says photobucket - but then photobucket has the copyright issue and vfrd, because we are not hosting a copied photo here on the server.

Hi Slammer - I bought the CD with all of these images, but the file size of the thumbnails with the picsofyou.com watermark were much easier to handle...

Great job.

I love my VFR for the track. I have no problem keeping up with any bikes except leeter bikes on the straights. The VFR is also much more forgiving. It gives you a lot more warning than something like a cbr... AND the sound is to die for.

I agree with you. I had a Gen 5 VFR before this one and that bike would have been a better track bike because it's lighter and the power delivery is much more linear. My Gen 6 is bone stock so I get the massive surge when the VTEC kicks in. On the other hand, if I can feel the VTEC kick in on the track, it's a good indicator that my shifting is getting lazy - which is VERY easy to do with the VFR!!!

• Forum CEO

Hi Slammer - I bought the CD with all of these images, but the file size of the thumbnails with the picsofyou.com watermark were much easier to handle...

Sorry I would rather not have to deal with having to go and find proof than to just simply not upload the watermarked photos in the first place. Most photographers let you hotlink off thier website for this kind of thing - that is not a copy. I dont doubt you bought the cd, its just that its a well documented policy here and I have told others not to do it - so to be fair I have to remain consistant.

Some photograhers might even encourage it since it puts thier website out on the internet as free advertising, those are the ones who freely allow you to hot link from thier websites - but a few very popular photographers have contacted me specifically about thier photos being pirated - and they where very forceful about wanting them removed immediatly - hence why we have this policy. So please in the future *vfrd members* please dont upload copyrighed photos to the gallery - hotlink them if it is allowed by the photographer instead.

Archived