• Ohlins R&T USD fork
  • Marchesini front wheel
  • Brembo GP calipers
  • Brembo rotors
  • Brembo brake master cylinder
  • Ganador twinstack exhaust
  • Ohlins 46 HRCL rear shock
  • TCM rearsets

So, besides the fact that it's a VFR400 with RVF bodyworkish type stuff....

What exactly is it that I'm supposed to be looking for? Goldilocks inverted forks? What's the mod?

DSC00051.jpg

Nice Brembo m/c...where'd you get that hose from reservoir to m/c?

Thank you. You can get the hose at any auto parts store.

You'll have to give a ride report to tell us the difference between the before and after. How difficult is it to get the 18" tires for it?
Suspension is fully adjusable so it's better than the stock components which did not have compression adjustment. 18" tires area easy to get, BT014 or BT090. However, NC35 came stock with 17".

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

Edited by HispanicSlammer

• Member Contributer

So, besides the fact that it's a VFR400 with RVF bodyworkish type stuff....

What exactly is it that I'm supposed to be looking for? Goldilocks inverted forks? What's the mod?

Guest nominal_squid

Nice Brembo m/c...where'd you get that hose from reservoir to m/c? Neat bike, I like the split radiator system too...may wind up modding my RC36 similarly.

Very Nice!!! You'll have to give a ride report to tell us the difference between the before and after. Looks good!!! I would like to get my hands on a little VFR 400, perhaps before I leave Germany, as they're on sale in the U.K. quite often. How difficult is it to get the 18" tires for it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum CEO

post edited and moved to be featured on the homepage - nice work Yack - I had the opportunity to buy an rvf400 on sale in Denver but passed since I did not have the extra cash at the time.

• Member Contributer

Can they be made street legal in the U.S?

I saw a few when I was in British Columbia last summer. The impression I got from one of the owners I spoke with was that they weren't overly expensive.

By the way...........Great looking bike!

Edited by grizfan

• Member Contributer

Just thought I'd add a reply here. There a couple of companies in Vancouver, BC that import grey market bikes and there are tons of VFR400's around. They generally sell for $3500-5500 Can. and come in tons of different color schemes. I want one for my wife(well, really for me but that's what I'll tell her)

Ian

post edited and moved to be featured on the homepage - nice work Yack - I had the opportunity to buy an rvf400 on sale in Denver but passed since I did not have the extra cash at the time.

HispanicSlammer, thank you! You're a star. You wont' regret owning the NC35. It doesn't have a lot of power compared to it's bigger brother but it's awesome in the twisties. The depreciation is very low. It's semi exotic so there is always a demand for it.

How does it feel?
You'll have to give a ride report to tell us the difference between the before and after. I would like to get my hands on a little VFR 400, perhaps before I leave Germany, as they're on sale in the U.K. quite often. How difficult is it to get the 18" tires for it?

Ohlins, they are worth the money. NC35 spring rate is on the soft side for the Japan domestic market. I would gather average weight for the Japanese male is +-140 lbs. The Ohlins were sprung for my weight. Also, they are full adjustable with compresson preload. Stock fork and shock only had rebound and preload adjustments. It rides like a dream now. I won't be able to give you a detailed ride report. My bike was apart for a couple months. So back to back comparsion results aren't scientific and only off of memory. However, any upgrade from stock suspension is well worth it. The stock springs were too soft. It would wallow in the turns. Now they are very compliant. I still need more seat time and do minor adjustments with the settings but I'm happy.

The Brembo master cylinder, rotor, and caliper is overkill for the streets, perfect for the track. Stainless steel brake lines alone would have done the job perfectly. One finger braking can now be achieved with the Brembos. I'm using the 19x18 master.

Bridgestone still makes BT014 and BT090 for the 18". If you want sticker tires go for the 17" rear wheel.

Can they be made street legal in the U.S?

The NC30 and NC35 weren't intended for the US market. They were never officially imported. It's a grey market vehicle. Yes they can be made street legal if you go through proper or improper channels. Proper would be contacting a Registered Importer to comply with the Federal requirements http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/elig010807.pdf

• Member Contributer
Just thought I'd add a reply here. There a couple of companies in Vancouver, BC that import grey market bikes and there are tons of VFR400's around. They generally sell for $3500-5500 Can. and come in tons of different color schemes. I want one for my wife(well, really for me but that's what I'll tell her)

Ian

Would you by chance have links to these importers

• 1 year later...
Nice mod... will our bikes ever be done???

I'm modifying a set of NC35 4 1/2" lens to fit Mr.RC45 new QB Carbon fairing...

RC45_QBcarbonHRCpart.JPG

dam that carbon sexyyyyyyyyyyyyy frekn fantastic did ya have to take a morgage out to pay for it????

on another quite similar note can some smart arse tell me if a race tail of a nc35 is the same or dam near close to a rc45??? i think lerenzo used a nc45 but cant rember can some one tell me my rc36 is nacked and need body work

• Member Contributer

Man, I love the 35. But I think I'd rather have a 30 with all your goodies on it. That'd be the hotness!

I know they were only rated at like 63hp or something like that, but is there anything you can do about that? Someone must have made some cams or something for them...

Any idea of what it weighs now?

Don't know if Yack is still around. That's a sweet bike...

In Clubman racing in Australia they are getting 70-75hp out of them. When you get closer to 75 than 70 it starts to become a grenade, however.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
Don't know if Yack is still around. That's a sweet bike...

In Clubman racing in Australia they are getting 70-75hp out of them. When you get closer to 75 than 70 it starts to become a grenade, however.

yeah, thats about 170-190 hp per liter on 15 year old technology...pretty good for the basic engine that was 55 bhp in it's Japanese restricted form.

The original package was advertised to weigh 364 lbs...I want one. or three.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...