Newly Installed Leo Vince Cf System On 6th Gen.

Guest HondaGuy86

• Member Contributer
Tell me , whats that I can see between the headlights ? Is that a custom piece one can buy for a Viffer ? Looks like some sort of an intake" sp2 style methinks ??

Bug buster, as mentioned. All the cool people have one. :unsure:

I know what you are referring to, I have see them from Rivcyko and they do look good on the bikes! I however do not have one on mine unless a previous owner put one on it, but I think it is the angle being deceptive cuz it appears to be stock to me.

Nothing about the exhaust--other than looking really good--but...

The bike pictured above doesn't have a bug buster. 2002-2005 had black between the headlights, which I always thought looked cool. One of the updates in 2006 was to match that zone with the rest of the paint. Riv paints the BB's to match.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell me , whats that I can see between the headlights ? Is that a custom piece one can buy for a Viffer ? Looks like some sort of an intake" sp2 style methinks ??

I know what you are referring to, I have see them from Rivcyko and they do look good on the bikes! I however do not have one on mine unless a previous owner put one on it, but I think it is the angle being deceptive cuz it appears to be stock to me.

The bike pictured above doesn't have a bug buster. 2002-2005 had black between the headlights, which I always thought looked cool. One of the updates in 2006 was to match that zone with the rest of the paint. Riv paints the BB's to match.

Yeah someone mentioned that and I thought I had responded that it did not have a bug buster on it. As far as I know it is all stock body/cosmetic wise but the tank bra.

Anyone thinking about purchasing exhaust soon I just received an email from the place I got mine from about posting up for a group buy. I replied asking price info so I will post up in a new thread as soon as I receive it. :thumbsup:

They look great - glad they sound great too. I'm getting the itch and I haven't had my bike a month yet!

Me too, bought it last month and I want to get those pipes also.

Marco

Yeah someone mentioned that and I thought I had responded that it did not have a bug buster on it. As far as I know it is all stock body/cosmetic wise but the tank bra.

Anyone thinking about purchasing exhaust soon I just received an email from the place I got mine from about posting up for a group buy. I replied asking price info so I will post up in a new thread as soon as I receive it. :thumbsup:

I would be interested in a group buy for the stainless steel versions.

Am I to understand correctly that everybody loves the Leo Vince pipes?! I've come across the Carbon Fiber TwoBrothers pipes for $720, which is just above $100 more than the Leos. Anybody have experience with TwoBrothers???

• Member Contributer

A buddy of mine has Two Brothers exhaust. He has the CF slip-ons which look pretty cool. they sound nice as well. Not too loud though, so if you're looking for something really loud you might want to look elsewhere. Also, he doesn't like the fact that one of the cans is a dummy. Another buddy of mine has the Micron tit. slip-ons that sound nice too, but at least his dummy can be used as a storage unit. Does the Leo Vince CF slip-ons have a dummy can or are they workable duals?

A buddy of mine has Two Brothers exhaust. He has the CF slip-ons which look pretty cool. they sound nice as well. Not too loud though, so if you're looking for something really loud you might want to look elsewhere. Also, he doesn't like the fact that one of the cans is a dummy. Another buddy of mine has the Micron tit. slip-ons that sound nice too, but at least his dummy can be used as a storage unit. Does the Leo Vince CF slip-ons have a dummy can or are they workable duals?

Two Bros is the only "Dummy" out there! :goofy:

Two Bros is the only "Dummy" out there! :goofy:

:goofy:

• Member Contributer
The screws in the baffles are one way screws which to me is a stupid design so you have to use vice grip pliers to get those bad boys outta there since a screw driver cant be used.

It's not stupid. It's to meet the more stringent street legal certifications in Europe.

I've had mine for about a year now and they still look and sound great. Build quality is better than the two bros IMO. Here's a vid from installation that I've posted before (baffles in):

The screws in the baffles are one way screws which to me is a stupid design so you have to use vice grip pliers to get those bad boys outta there since a screw driver cant be used.

It's not stupid. It's to meet the more stringent street legal certifications in Europe.

I've had mine for about a year now and they still look and sound great. Build quality is better than the two bros IMO. Here's a vid from installation that I've posted before (baffles in):

I didnt realize they were required for over there. They can be a pain to get out if you dont have a set of vice grips in your garage handy like I didn't. I had to take mine out to the auto shop I work at to borrow a set. I thought someone had told me the newer Leo Vinces coming out are starting to have hex head screws in the baffles for easier removal.

Either way I highly agree with you that the build quality seems to be top notch! :thumbsup:

Guest Def-e-nition

20092007760.jpg

20092007762.jpg

20092007766.jpg

20092007765.jpg

HondaGuy , There you go .

Right pipe a bit off , but the Sound - nothing short of HECTIC .

I will miss the stock sound , no mistaking , but Like I told you - I reckon with the bike opened up on the road , my opinion will change .

The little carbon Piece they added where the stock chrome one was , nice touch .

Finish Brilliant . I would have liked the Baffles , seems they dont come in to South Africa with em , so by default I got the louder pieces .

Took em Bloody Long enough to fit , but the sound is worth it . Duke in disguise ...

The chick who fetched the bike for me reckons all jokes aside , the VFR is probably one of THE Nicest bikes she'd had of getting a leg over . whew..... I can rest now in peace with my decision !

My cousin died in a head-on yesterday , so I'm gonna take it easy for a bit , but the Vinces talk the talk allright .

I would give my left Nad to hear the Carbon Ones .... Ouch .

Defenition those pipes looks great on the bike!! You like the sound now, wait a week or 2 til they break in. Then the WOW factor really stands out!

As far as the alignment of the pipes goes I noticed yours are tilted slightly outwards like a house roof whereas mine are tiltled inwards as well as some other members Leo vince exhaust I've seen (Wargoose, maybe others). That may be the reason you had a little trouble with the pipes all though I'm not 100% positive and I hope someone else with this exhaust and installation experience can confirm that cuz I am unsure that makes a difference or not. That may help them fit better though due to the angle of the pipe joints. Again im not 100% positive on this.

Either way the pipes look great and we appreciate you taking the time to post video and pics up!! :thumbsup:

Guest Def-e-nition
Defenition those pipes looks great on the bike!! You like the sound now, wait a week or 2 til they break in. Then the WOW factor really stands out!

As far as the alignment of the pipes goes I noticed yours are tilted slightly outwards like a house roof whereas mine are tiltled inwards as well as some other members Leo vince exhaust I've seen (Wargoose, maybe others). That may be the reason you had a little trouble with the pipes all though I'm not 100% positive and I hope someone else with this exhaust and installation experience can confirm that cuz I am unsure that makes a difference or not. That may help them fit better though due to the angle of the pipe joints. Again im not 100% positive on this.

Either way the pipes look great and we appreciate you taking the time to post video and pics up!! :thumbsup:

Nope- Me tinks you Be rigghht mann.... Im going into work Now , I Think It's time I gave them a bit of a personal Touch and see if i can get em to slope Inwards . Looks Meaner too that way . I did tell the guy there were instructions to fitting em , I reckon he simply slapped em on ( my ankle still broken , so Im out for exhaust gymnastics this month .....) and never gave that a seconds thought .

I went back to look at yours . I'm on my way to Leo Vince site to go Download the Instruction Brochure .

see if it werent for your crappy pictures in the FIRST place - I'd still have aNice Fatter Bank Balance . No Less than 6 weeks after stumbling on your post .... .. .

hmmmm ......

:goofy:

Guest Def-e-nition

ok . Got em to lean in towards the Center a bit more .

Broken Ankle an All - I took her for a short ride into town .

WOW ! ! ! The sound is amazing , Im just wondering whether a Longer ride , say 200km , will perhaps be a little annoying with the pipes Barking so loud behind me ?

Has anyone got some saddle-time in to confirm or reject my silly thoughts ?

HondaGuy ???

Usually if I am riding longer than 30 min rides I ride w/ear plugs anyways so they are not too loud at all. Just loud enough to hear them and the RPM's. I have 200 miles each way to ride back and forth on weekends and it never bothers me. I guess its just personal preference and if they did get to be too constantly loud for ya, I'm sure you could somehow track down some baffles to put in there and quiet it to between stock and full sound.

Yeah it took a bit of fiddling around with them to get the cans set up the way I wanted them - slightly loosen up the strap hangers for the cans and try twisting them into the position you want. If the tension is right the straps will sort of maintain the position you want while you get them matched up - make sure you keep them spaced equally front to back as well since they just slip onto the splitter pipes. It may be easier to do this with the retention springs removed.

IMHO these look best when tilted high on the outside and low on the inside - though not to excess, especially with a fender eliminator (assuming your state/province plates will fit). I know the Ontario plates just squeezed in between the cans nicely. Make sure everything is snugged up tight afterward and use some loctite to prevent any bolts from backing out - especially the ones on the heat shield that come with it as some owners have reported that these can back out on you.

Guest Def-e-nition

Turned the buggers with the retention springs ON , kept the Pipes ftting snuggly while I gave them a nice solid shove ,outside facing slightly upward . turns like a B@#$% though !!! I notice the straps around the cans would originally tighten themselves up in the shape they were put on originally - they seem to be made of a light material , so if the Melon had put em on slanting inward from the word go - It wouldn't have been a problem . ............

the problem came in when he tightened the straps onto the pipes - I then had to somehow turn the ovals Against what the straps were tightened to , luckily though as I said , when you tighten them again , holding the pipes in the position you wanted them to be in , they simply re-shaped themselves to the New oval position . But what a Bugger !!

I am not too perturbed about the noise - I looked at yours honda-guy , and was in fact happy to see Baffles - these could then be Removed if required . Having them already off the pipes though , umm , limits me to stock - or Casey Stoner . Lol lol .

No noticeable difference yet in power or anything , I was purely after the Ducatti-factor (people kill me when i say this , but all I mean is that "here I am" noise !) and I really feel the new sound builds a heck of a lot of character onto the bike . The engine gets the applause it rightfully deserves now from the exhausts . Luuuuuurrrrrrrve it . Ha Ha ! .

We had a rally here the weekend . Guy On a zx 14 took himself out round a tight turn , at 140 km /h .The turn is about an 80km /h turn ... sad though , but he bought it good and solid . always upsets me when a guy comes off .The second one hit a stone or small rock in the road , at about 88 mph , and also bought it - with his wife Driving Behind him in their vehicle, and who witnessed the whole thing ..... Damn ..

Nice to have mean pipes and hot tyres , but the second crash left me for cold when I read about it on the internet in the local news ...no way one can prepare for that , eh ? shhiiiiiittt .....

I just finished a while ago installing the LV's on. They sound awesome! Quick question, looking from the back, does the right can slant slightly downward more than the left one? They don't fit as perfectly as the stock ones?

• Member Contributer
Quick question, looking from the back, does the right can slant slightly downward more than the left one? They don't fit as perfectly as the stock ones?

Obviously the pipes are imperfect and defective as there is no way the installer/installation could be at fault. Put your stockers back on and send the LV's to me for proper disposal. I'll make sure they never disgrace a VTEC ever again!

Quick question, looking from the back, does the right can slant slightly downward more than the left one? They don't fit as perfectly as the stock ones?

Obviously the pipes are imperfect and defective as there is no way the installer/installation could be at fault. Put your stockers back on and send the LV's to me for proper disposal. I'll make sure they never disgrace a VTEC ever again!

No way the installer could be at fault! <_<

mocho if you loosen the clamps supporting the cans you can adjust them to where they are even. I too had to fiddle with the alignment of one of the cans for a couple min to get them perfectly even. But they will go I promise. Mine were even when I got done and still are. I think its because they have so many joints to the exhaust system and its not a 1 or 2 or 3 piece system that all those angles you can slightly adjust and it will change the angle of the cans.

Just try to loosen those can clamps up and fiddle with it a bit and they should line up perfect, you just hafta get the angles right. Good luck, let us know how it turns out! :thumbsup:

mocho if you loosen the clamps supporting the cans you can adjust them to where they are even. I too had to fiddle with the alignment of one of the cans for a couple min to get them perfectly even. But they will go I promise. Mine were even when I got done and still are. I think its because they have so many joints to the exhaust system and its not a 1 or 2 or 3 piece system that all those angles you can slightly adjust and it will change the angle of the cans.

Just try to loosen those can clamps up and fiddle with it a bit and they should line up perfect, you just hafta get the angles right. Good luck, let us know how it turns out! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I will give it a try this afternoon.

Marco

Archived