Newly Installed Leo Vince Cf System On 6th Gen.

Guest HondaGuy86

I have the same setup with the PCIII and the stock map. anyone know where to get a map for a leovince/k&n setup? the factory map's a bit lean down low and pops on hard decel. otherwise it sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the same setup with the PCIII and the stock map. anyone know where to get a map for a leovince/k&n setup? the factory map's a bit lean down low and pops on hard decel. otherwise it sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

I'd say load cozye's map and remove the pair valve from your bike and that will take care of all of that. I will be there in a few months once I get the money for a PCIII

I'd say load cozye's map and remove the pair valve from your bike and that will take care of all of that. I will be there in a few months once I get the money for a PCIII

I looked at his map, but he says it doesnt work too well on an 06. I was thinking of just fattening up the mixure down low on the stock map and see if it goes away... what's the purpose of the pair valve and what's the downside of removing it?

I looked at his map, but he says it doesnt work too well on an 06. I was thinking of just fattening up the mixure down low on the stock map and see if it goes away... what's the purpose of the pair valve and what's the downside of removing it?

Go here for PAIR valve removal instructions and info: Pair Valve Removal Guide

Sorry I didn't see your bike was one of the newer ones, therefore you're right cozye's would not be the best one for it. Do a search on the newer maps and I'm sure you will come up with quite a few options. If all else fails try Dynojets website. :joystick:

I just installed mine i took my time.. But thing is i left things loose and tightned up as i went. I didnt have but one problem ,one still looks a tad lower than the other(looking at the rear tire the one on the right) . A extra set of hands would help but its close enough for me atm. I finally figured out from a lifeline call to a friendly VFRD member who knew exactly what to do :unsure: Other than that It went together smooth . Was just hard to keep things looking straight and level as possible without a extra set of paws holding things while making adjustments. But i got it on worked out and looking pretty darn good imo. I love the looks and these pipes are quality quality quality...

As for the sound.......well..... :thumbsup: I rode for about 30mins and could tell the Bass of the exhaust is deep and mellow just the way i like it. Since ive heard Hondsguys in person i cant wait for them to break in. WFO the tune was music to my ears..With the group buy i saved allmost 200.00 and Art was A=1 in prompt fast service....Next is a PC3 when im outa the dawg house...

Guest Def-e-nition

ON Vfr world : this was my reply , and this was a guy named wortman's response - pretty much screwed up everything I'd thought I knew about the PAIR valve !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Def-E-nition

ok I did it .

simple and easy .

I simply Blocked off the pipe leading to both valves .

Basically , the pair valve was there to reduce emissions out the exhaust to pass some or other test .

Anyhow , from what we can conclude , it boggles the o2 meter around by pumping fresh air through the exhaust - obviously this then leads the comper into thinking that the engine runs lean - and dumps a whole buncha fuel into the engine to compensate .

meanwhile , back at the ranch , it is the PAIR valve misleadign the engine , so the computer does what it is programmed to do - it richens the mixture to compensate for this super-lean reading it gets .

anhow - I did it .

I cant tell a BIG difference yet , but Ill be watching it like a hawk.

Theoretically , it SHOULD make a difference .....

And This was Wortman's Response :

Sorry guys but this is nonsense. Secondary air injections systems of bot the pumped and pulsed variety have been used on cars for over 10 years. They dump air into the exhaust ports to reduce emissions during times when the ECU is not running in closed loop mode with the O2 sensor. Usually during warm up when the cat's and sensors are not working and sometimes during deceleration. To suggest that Honda's motorcycle engineers did not realize that adding air would confuse the O2 sensor when the car guys have known it for more than a decade is just plain ludicrous. Bikes with carbs and PAIR use the air use a simple vacuum operated valve to operate it. FI bikes with O2 sensors need a solenoid (like our VFR's have) to turn the PAIR off when operating in closed loop mode. Since the PAIR only injects air into the exhaust ports it should have NO influence on fuel mixtures. If a PAIR valve is leaking by , it can and will influence fuel mixture in closed loop mode and will definitely make your engine run poorly. I would suggest that anyone that has seen major improvements in their bike's performance by plugging off the PAIR system had something wrong with the system. That said, I can certainly understand why you would disable it rather than fixing it. It is cheaper and easier. Those of you that tried this and it didn't seem to do much had a properly working PAIR system.

Anyhow , it makes for interesting reading .

Oh man! I finally got my set of Leo Vince Titanium cans from the UPS man today (thanks Art from 10 bomb motorsports!!)! All I can say is WOOOOW!!! Those things look great and sound INCREDIBLE! I really was not expecting them to sound as good as they do. I was expecting good, not totally #%*&ing awesome. I got off work early today as I knew the ups guy was on his way with them, but sure enough, my apartment complex must of been at the end of the route, cause he didn't show up till about 6:30pm. First i had to take everything out of the box and marvell at how glorious it looked. Quality and finish were top notch....

partsontable2.jpg

After oogling at the pieces for a few minutes, I started tearing the old off around 7pm. Removing the wheel is not necessary, but I think it probably helped a lot.

Dsc02251.jpg

Long story short, it took about 2-2.5 hours to get everything the way I wanted it. A little longer than I expected, but well worth the time spent. I angled mine a little more up on the outside than it seemed everyone else was doing, but after many trial and errors, thats what I thought looked best.

Dsc02255.jpg

No real problems, except that before I had the silencer brackets on, I was trying to get stuff semi lined up and I wasn't paying 100% attention, and sure enough, the whole thing just kinda pivoted on the catalytic converter connection and fell to the floor. Time for clean underwear..... It was at that time that I was glad I made good use of the old bed comforter before I started. Luckily no damage whatsoever. Whew. But besides that, Everything went well. Had to take it out for a spin when I was finished, even though it was only 50 degrees by then. Totally awesome sound! I am totally happy with the purchase and 100% satisfied. Thanks hondaguy for getting the group buy set up. I owe you a :goofy: Sorry for the lackluster pics, it was dark out and that was the best I could manage tonight. I'll get some better ones tommorow. I have the whole day off to enjoy the new sound. Too bad its only gonna be 60 for the high....

Dsc02256.jpg

I know....next mod is defiantly a fender elim. I'm on it.

• Member Contributer
It was at that time that I was glad I made good use of the old bed comforter before I started.

WHEW! Glad that that was what it was for. When I first saw your pics, I thought sex was going to be involved! :goofy: :unsure:

Higgin, glad to hear you are as thrilled with your as I am with mine! Also, big thanks for taking pics of the different stages of installation as I was planning on it but when I got the box open and saw those beauties layin there I couldn't WAIT to get them on so taking pics was obviously the last thing on my mind until after I got them on and saw how good they looked!

Looks fantastic! Thanks again for taking the time to post pics!

Guest Def-e-nition

virry virry nice sir .

I also Notice you left the stickers off , methinks me should do the same this side ...

titanium .mmmmm, nice ....

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Out of all the different exhaust cans I've seen, I like the Leo Vince ones the best (by far.) Can I install them and still keep my license plate where it is? It doesn't look like I'd be able to.

gallery_8583_3271_20343.jpg

sigs2.jpg

I'll let you know, KeystoneVFR. I just got a fender elim from KanadianKen a couple days ago, and I'm gonna see if I can make it work today. Honestly, it dosen't really look like it will, but I'm gonna give it my best shot to make it work. I'll try to keep track of what needs to be done, if I can make it work.

• Member Contributer
Out of all the different exhaust cans I've seen, I like the Leo Vince ones the best (by far.) Can I install them and still keep my license plate where it is? It doesn't look like I'd be able to.

gallery_8583_3271_20343.jpg

sigs2.jpg

You may have to angle the cans out a bit, but it will all work out fine :beer:

Ok KeystoneVFR, I got the fender elim to work with the leo vince's. There were clearance issues. Even with the pipes angled up, the plate and FE bracket(at least the one from KanadianKen) still would not fit between the pipes. kanadianken recommended using 3/4" spacers with longer bolts to bring the whole assembly down a little. That worked with his staintunes, but not for me. I had to get a little more creative. long story short, i ended up having to use the oem fender mounting holes closest to the taillight (farthest to the rear of the bike). Of course these holes are farther apart than the ones the fender elim is suposed to connect to, so i had to drill out 2 new holes in the FE bracket. THEN I still had to use the 3/4" spacers to bring the plate down ar enough to fit. Even then, it was still barely touching the pipes, so I cut a little off of each top corner of the plate. My cut ended up looking a little sloppy and I cut off more than I needed to. Luckily, I have a new custom plate comming in January, so I'll probably just bend the top corners over a little on that one and hopefully it dosen't look as obvious. if you look at my pic below, i made arrows pointing to the 3/4" spacers and the cut corners. So now I have to take the whole thing back apart again, so i can paint all the bolts, nuts, spacers black in color. oh, and i need to realignmy right pipe. i managed to tweak it a little so now it sags a little compared to the left. It dosen't look quite as good as a ender elim with stock pipes, but its definatly better than that huge plastic piece from the factory.

FenderElim.jpg

• Member Contributer

I, too, have Kanadian Ken's fender eliminator. With his kit, I like the license plate exactly where it is (i.e. I don't want to move it down; not even a little.)

Looking at the VFR from the rear, it looks like the stock cans are a little further apart than the LV cans. To keep my license plate where it is, my hunch is somebody would have to cut my stock cans off, use the stock midpipe(s), and then weld some aftermarket cans into place.

Somebody once asked about stock R1 cans. Personally, I like the ones off the '04-'05 (see below). I can probably pick up a set on eBay or the R1 forum for under $50. Seb has already told me he'd be willing to do it. The only thing that kind of concerns me is whether or not the R1 cans will bolt right up to the undertail. I may decide to have him weld some Ti Termi's on instead. Since they're not oval-shaped, it ought to make things a little easier. The only problem is Termi's are going to be more difficult to come by.

gallery_8583_3271_23058.jpg

R1 - '04-'05 side.jpg

gallery_8583_3271_10250.jpg

R1 - '04-'05 rear.jpg

• 7 months later...

Keystone, Any progress with the R1 cans?

I have seen the member on here with the R1 Yoshi's fitted and they do look good. Don't know how a fender elim would work w/those but they seem pretty small as most aftermarket cans do with R1's. Although as far as cost efficient route goes you cant beat a cheap OEM set since they look good as well!

Archived