Here I Go Again

house

I know, I know... you guys are sick and tired of seeing me powder coat stuff, but I can't help it. I need powder-coating rehab or something. I got the can covers and end caps today, so I had to put them on. The heat shield for the up pipe is in progress along with the passenger pegs (I have spares of both and sent them off a couple of days ago.)

You're thinking:

"house, we've seen this before" - Yeah, but not on a red 07!!!

"could you not wait till all the parts came in?" - no, I have modding sickness

"can't you come up with a new mod?" - working on that, but have to get this bike to where my 06 was (before it was flattened)

"where's the supercharger, like toro?" - way over my head... he's a hero of mine :thumbsup:

"don't you have anything better to do?" - now that kwr8728 is at school, nobody else will trash their bike so I can work on it... so this will have to do

Anyway... here are the pics

black1.jpg

black2.jpg

black3.jpg

Perhaps this is a cry for help.... naahhhh!

• Member Contributer
"don't you have anything better to do?" - now that kwr8728 is at school, nobody else will trash their bike so I can work on it... so this will have to do

Hey now! :rolleyes:

Looking good! So how many miles do you have on it? Oh and get some twisty practice, jason and i are headed that way labor day weekend!

Guest seadooloo

I've got to agree with the rest of the guy's, It looks great. I don't believe anyone is thinking you have gone over the edge. The black tones it down a bit and helps our eyes to keep being distracted from all the shiney chrome stuff.

Looking Good!

Hey Will, not for nothing, but I could keep you busy for a least a month... ever been to NY?? :goofy:

Bike looks good, but you should go full Monty and do the frame, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Member Contributer

Hmmm. Almost needs black rims.............................. :goofy: LOL.

Hey now! :goofy:

Looking good! So how many miles do you have on it? Oh and get some twisty practice, jason and i are headed that way labor day weekend!

About 900 as of today... can't wait till you guys get here! Where is that turn off on hwy 20 we took that day... wanna try that road again.

Lookin' good! Now get to work on those other silver bits!

Already in progress... Bob is hard at work on the other parts.

Hey Will, not for nothing, but I could keep you busy for a least a month... ever been to NY??

I've been following your various mishaps for some time now.... and would love to help out!!! However distance, work, and family will probably be three obstacles that keep that from happening. Still, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know!

Hmmm. Almost needs black rims..............................

Just sent JoeW a message (now that he's back in business!) :thumbsup:

Hey Will, not for nothing, but I could keep you busy for a least a month... ever been to NY?? :goofy:

Bike looks good, but you should go full Monty and do the frame, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

+1.gif

FIRST THING I THOUGHT TOO...

Thanks for the offer! I have a spare black front wheel that I am going to put up for sale very soon...

• Member Contributer

Looks good Will.....but.....it's gonna require the same treatment to the wheels, frame, swingarm, etc., etc., etc.............."WHY" I quit extensive bike modifications some time ago.....the "This leads to That" syndrome...they're never finished.....GOOD LUCK, besides now-a-days lotsa' people have 2nd and 3rd mortgages...... :P but.......I really do like the new look on the mufflers................................... :thumbsup:

Looks good Will.....but.....it's gonna require the same treatment to the wheels, frame, swingarm, etc., etc., etc.............."WHY" I quit extensive bike modifications some time ago.....the "This leads to That" syndrome...they're never finished.....GOOD LUCK, besides now-a-days lotsa' people have 2nd and 3rd mortgages...... :P but.......I really do like the new look on the mufflers................................... :thumbsup:

You're right... you almost never get finished. But to some degree, I gotta make it my own. smile.gif My debt is almost gone (including this bike) so I get to play - as long as the wife gets to shop wink.gif I created that mess myself

• Member Contributer

Hwy 108 is the road

Take hwy 20 towards catersville. 108 is a few miles past Knox Bridge (etowah river/lake allatoona) on the right. It goes for 9 miles to Waleska. The road is just past a volunteer fire station that is also on the right.

FYI that road continues over to 515 just north of where 575 ends. It is the first traffic light you come to on 515 going north.

There are plenty of fun roads up in that area. They make great afternoon rides after work, or with your girls if they ever feel up to riding!

Map of ride

It is in reverse of the way we rode it. But it has 108, 140, and salacoa rd (that was the small two lane road through the valley)

Hwy 108 is the road

Take hwy 20 towards catersville. 108 is a few miles past Knox Bridge (etowah river/lake allatoona) on the right. It goes for 9 miles to Waleska. The road is just past a volunteer fire station that is also on the right.

FYI that road continues over to 515 just north of where 575 ends. It is the first traffic light you come to on 515 going north.

There are plenty of fun roads up in that area. They make great afternoon rides after work, or with your girls if they ever feel up to riding!

Map of ride

It is in reverse of the way we rode it. But it has 108, 140, and salacoa rd (that was the small two lane road through the valley)

Awesome!!! Thanks bro smile.gif You wouldn't already have that in a Garmin file would you wink.gif If not, no big deal, I can plot it... just thought I would ask.

Thanks for the offer! I have a spare black front wheel that I am going to put up for sale very soon...

That wouldn't be my old front wheel, would it? :P

:goofy: on the frame comments. It really needs to be black too. B)

• Member Contributer
Hwy 108 is the road

Map of ride

Awesome!!! Thanks bro smile.gif You wouldn't already have that in a Garmin file would you wink.gif If not, no big deal, I can plot it... just thought I would ask.

Umm, no, but i can, along with all the other routes i used to take up there. Another one you can do after you get comfortable there is the Burnt/Fort mtn loop. I have done it in a weekday summer afternoon too. I'll see about getting them to ya!

• Member Contributer

Looks great :thumbsup:

Your post was hilarious too :rolleyes:

Two other thoughts for you......black out the radiators, and black out the lower headers. I've done this to my '03 and definitely made a difference.

Great job with your mods

Thanks for the kind words smile.gif

Hi, my name is house (wirelesswill) and I have not done a mod in 1 week... scratch that, I did two tonight <_< I got my passenger pegs and uppipe shield done in powder coat, so I had to mount them. They had been sitting for almost 24 hours, a new record for me!!! I also put my Scorpion alarm on the new bike. Funny, but the perimeter senson seems to be more sensitive on this bike. Also, for the first time, I compared the color of my new truck with the color on the new bike... they are really close (especially in the right ligh) but do not match exactly. Oh well, it will look good enough when I am towing it to Fall meet!!!

And yes, here are more pics (you knew that was coming.) I gotta run... the mod-aholics meeting starts soon.

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

red4.jpg

red5.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looks great Will! At first I wasn't digging it until you posted the pics with the rear pegs done. I think that's the best looking red 07 I've seen. Can't wait to see the wheels, etc. done. Keep it up!

Guest Chief Nobody

Red house, Red VFR, Red Truck, Red Lawn Mower. Is your wife a red head too?

Edited by Chief Nobody

LOL, no (although I have always had a soft spot for redheads.) The house and the mower just worked out that way. I tried to match the truck to the bike, though wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...