6th Gen - Blue Connector Ground Fix - How To.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Honda replaced my front harness under warranty free after 16 years of not doing so. It’s always worth a call to the dealer. 
Hi Urbanenginner

Where do you live? I'm from the UK and Honda don't know anything about a harness recall. I solved my electrical problems using the blue connector fix but would prefer a replacement harness if it's improved...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Richie,

It's worth asking at a dealership.

It is improved but it still has a weak link which I encourage everyone to apply a fix to. It's a crappy common ground connector in that front subharness which the only difference this component has being it's orange instead of yellow... and it was orange on the 5th gen and the 5th gen ones fail significantly less often but Sod knows why.

Look on the site for Kentucky Fried Connector or BYC where I explain my fix for the 6th gen one... There's even a thread by vfrkanuk called Eurethra or something to that effect where he explains his fix for the 5th gen one when it failed on him...

Hi Urbanenginner

Where do you live? I'm from the UK and Honda don't know anything about a harness recall. I solved my electrical problems using the blue connector fix but would prefer a replacement harness if it's improved...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk