6th Gen - Blue Connector Ground Fix - How To.

Guest QtrHorse

why is this mod neccessary, sorry new here guys. and what about the RR mod ??????

I'm also new here but one of the earlier posts mention "I had no lights, blinkers were affecting the fuel pump, etc...."

I guess the front harness had a poor earth through the blue connector but Honda has subsequently had a recall and fixed the problem by replacing the front wiring loom. :fing02:

why is this mod neccessary, sorry new here guys. and what about the RR mod ??????

I'm also new here but one of the earlier posts mention "I had no lights, blinkers were affecting the fuel pump, etc...."

I guess the front harness had a poor earth through the blue connector but Honda has subsequently had a recall and fixed the problem by replacing the front wiring loom. :fing02:

At the time of my "fix the blue connector ground wire" post - there were a ton of guys having trouble with the electrical on the front end - lights working intermittently, gauges going out, etc.. At the time I posted this - this topic was very "Current" so I'll take the ownership of missing the prelude for the "WHY DO THIS".

I believe that if you have the green ground wires going into the connector and coming out of the mate to it - do this mod - it'll save you some aggravation.

:fing02:

Correct.

Shouldn't there be a green wire on both sides?

Thanks,

Steve

Yes, if your bike has the original Main & Front Sub harness than it WILL have green wires on both sides as that is the Original ground point.

NO, if you've had the Harness Recall done as Honda has found another way to ground the front harness and the Front Sub Recall harness no longer has the Green ground wire running thru/to the blue connector.

BR

PS I did this fix years ago and still haven't had it done by a Dealer yet. :blush:

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to give a huge thank you to the original poster and everyone else who added to this thread. Bike shit the bed in somewhere, Indiana last night and thanks to this thread I was able to rip her apart and get her running again. My recall has not been done (story for another time) and this fix did the trick.

• Like 1

Just wanted to give a huge thank you to the original poster and everyone else who added to this thread. Bike shit the bed in somewhere, Indiana last night and thanks to this thread I was able to rip her apart and get her running again. My recall has not been done (story for another time) and this fix did the trick.

Awesome! That how's it suppose to work! :fing02:

I had been following the issue for a year or two and when mine did it in my garage it only took 30 min. to fix it and still make my ride!

:bliss:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest NathanStubbyStratford

my uk bike does't have this mod. ive got the problem of buzzing sound no lights and the engine has been cutting out. the yellow block is melted and ive oredered a replacement front harness. if i do the blue connector mob will it fix the problem for me

my uk bike does't have this mod. ive got the problem of buzzing sound no lights and the engine has been cutting out. the yellow block is melted and ive oredered a replacement front harness. if i do the blue connector mob will it fix the problem for me

In most cases this Mod will fix the issue, but probably not if your grounding block is melted.

Is there a similar weak ground in the 5th gen? If so do any of you know where I might look for it? My fuel pump is not working!

Not really like the 6th gens!

Check the Tip Over sensor or Kill Switch first.

i got a replacment harnes. but out out curiosity could the all the green wire in the yellow block be soldered together if the yellow block is an earthing block.

Adding to my post above. Could i add another earth/ground point to the soldered green wires of the yellow block as well as doing the blue connector earth/ground mod.

WELL ive done the blue connector mod and i also cut the yellow melted block off soldered all the wires together and then soldered a ground wire and fixed it to the frame. the bike starts and run. lets see if this fixes the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is where my problem lies cuz the symptoms are different and my bike's an '06 but here goes....

Was at NJMP for the AMA teaching/track event this weekend and couldn't complete it cuz after 3 sessions I started having intermittent problems at 6700 rpms. Acted like a coil pack or 2 went out. Starts and idles fine. No lights on the dash. Won't rev past 6700 though. By the end of the first day it was cutting back so severely that it was dangerous to commit to a turn in cuz the power chop would change the radius on my apex. Not sure where to start looking...

Loaded up and sacrificed my 2nd day of training and lots of $$$

HELP !!!!!!

ps Tried to contact Dan at A&A to no avail cuz as most of you know mine was the prototype 6th gen he used for the supercharger guinea pig.

I'm sure you checked this but check your 30amp fuse as well. It killed my bike and looked burnt on my recent trip to N.S. it got me home by replacing the fuse (I was 4 days north).

Anyway, good luck. Hopefully its just a fuse and you can still get the 2nd day in.

• Member Contributer

Thats good .

When's the last time you check the air filter?

If the filter good and since this bike was used to supercharge I would pull the plugs next.

Two things to check for on the plugs.

1. Make sure they are right one's, because sometimes they run a colder plug.

2. Electro is wore out and the gap will be wrong .

to add;

I just went out and held 5k and blipped to 9k 4x

beautiful harmonious tune

no break up of any kind

but also not under any load

the 30amp fuse and holder are in factory condition. no discoloration

shoulda mentioned I swapped the plugs after it failed in the 4th session.

do the coil packs fail inherently or is that not likely?

heat seems to make a difference too.

• Member Contributer

shoulda mentioned I swapped the plugs after it failed in the 4th session.

do the coil packs fail inherently or is that not likely?

heat seems to make a difference too.

No not normal but your bike has been experiment on so that is possible.

What did the old plugs look like ? Normal ?

Does it have a PCM fuel controller ?