Video Taping Help

finethen

Guest thedrunknmastr

Has anyone ever tried GOPRO? I've read alot of decent things about their cameras and the quality of the camera's look decent. Decently priced...although they are a bit clunky and limited in recording time, but heck...you get a camera you can use scuba diving, bike anywheres...

?

http://www.goprocamera.com/

• Member Contributer
Has anyone ever tried GOPRO? I've read alot of decent things about their cameras and the quality of the camera's look decent. Decently priced...although they are a bit clunky and limited in recording time, but heck...you get a camera you can use scuba diving, bike anywheres...

?

http://www.goprocamera.com/

There's been quite a bit about GoPro on this site. From watching samples from vimeo, it looks pretty good. Very reasonably priced as well.

And a quick search in the nifty integrated search bar returns this THREAD

And mind you. There are different versions of the GoPro. I would get the GoPro Wide Hero

VIMEO SAMPLE

Edited by YoshiHNS

This was shot w/ a GoPro Wide. Just changed the mounting location as I did different sessions through the day. I bought a 4 pack of 2 gig sd cards @ Costco w/ the 36 pack of AAA batteries. I'm good to go! :fing02:

VFRD Video -> Full View • Download • Upload

Guest thedrunknmastr
This was shot w/ a GoPro Wide. Just changed the mounting location as I did different sessions through the day. I bought a 4 pack of 2 gig sd cards @ Costco w/ the 36 pack of AAA batteries. I'm good to go! :biggrin:

VFRD Video -> Full View • Download • Upload

Nice vid...quality looks good. I was thinking of picking up a couple to mount on the bike....how does the suction cup and sticky mounts work? Cam stays on with no problems? How is the quality for low light vids?

...nice bike btw, what are you using for a track bike?

Nice vid...quality looks good. I was thinking of picking up a couple to mount on the bike....how does the suction cup and sticky mounts work? Cam stays on with no problems? How is the quality for low light vids?

...nice bike btw, what are you using for a track bike?

I've yet to use the suction mount. When you buy the kit it comes with a few of the flat mounts and a few curved. I just put them on the bike and leave them there and move the camera around. I had the cam mounted on the front fender of the bike, but there was too much vibration up there and the camera ended up pointing @ the ground. Besides that, I haven't had any problems...

I think the GoPro struggles a little bit in low light situations, but what can you expect for how little it costs?

my track bike is an 03 cbr600rr

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Good editing. I am guessing this is one camera that you mounted to different points? Did you have to buy different mounts or did you rig something up?

It was fun to watch. :fing02:

Good editing. I am guessing this is one camera that you mounted to different points? Did you have to buy different mounts or did you rig something up?

It was fun to watch. :biggrin:

It comes with all the mounts that I used. Pretty neat little camera 5 megapixel, waterproof to 100', shoots video and stills.

gallery_12176_3371_9772.jpg

gopromotorsports.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wow and who says you don't learn something every day. I have the same video camera as HS and never knew I could use it that way with two external cameras. And to think, it’s just been lying around in the closet collecting dust. I guess it’s time to pull it out and get to experimenting. :biggrin:

Guest Pete McCrary

I've watched vwrxtrd's video several times. He's definitely got a talent for good shots. I especially like the side mount shots where you can the shadow of the bike as it dances across the asphalt. It would have been a completely different video on a cloudy day.

Just goes to show that the greatest camera in the world won't make you an Ansel Adams or Annie What's Her Name. A good photographer/videographer can make great stuff with limited equipment.

• 1 year later...

We all need to learn how to film like this guy... I just stumbled across this vid and can't believe how much it looks like a video game :fing02:

Better to click

and select 720p

Edited by symbiotix

• Member Contributer

Meh. I sort of like the effect he did, but I don't think it would be that hard to replicate. Might have just messed with the white balance on the camera to get that look. Or maybe he just added a filter over the frame to get that yellow haze. Or might have taken the blue sky and shifted it into yellow. Actually, now I wanna figure out exactly what he did. *back to dungeon*

But I do like how he adds the motorcycle track. Doesn't that thing have a mike? Not like it would be of any use in the wind anyways.