6th Generation On Race Trim

Stéphane

• Member Contributer

First of, thanks to Sebspeed and Rivcyko for the advice and help throughout this project. Why do this? Well, to minimize the $ damage during track days.

What you need:

- A complete set of fairing for a 6th gen. I bought mine on ebay and here, and the total cost is less than $300 including the shipping.

- Chicken wire.

- aluminum door screen

- Epoxy gel

To begin, cut a piece of chicken wire to roughly the size of the light hole. Mold it in, and cut the extra until it fits nicely in.

med_gallery_4229_2149_15565.jpg

med_gallery_4229_2149_60786.jpg

Next, cut a piece of door screen and wrap it around the the chicken wire. I poked the chicken wire through the screen to keep it in place.

Next, use epoxy gel (5min - yeah right) to glue one corner at the time. Refer to this thread for this part: Easy breezy beautiful

Hold it in place for 10 minutes. Some of them, you really need to hold it in place, and it is not that easy. The nicer the initial fit is, the easier this part becomes.

med_gallery_4229_2149_405012.jpg

I only used door screen for the turn signal holes. Not as tidy, but it'll do.

med_gallery_4229_2149_759300.jpg

med_gallery_4229_2149_422121.jpg

med_gallery_4229_2149_819518.jpg

med_gallery_4229_2149_702782.jpg

Next, it will be the tail section.

• Member Contributer

Hey Steph,

The mods look GREAT! I think I will try this double layer look on my RCBVFR side covers.

Just notice that you say your de-linked vtec weighs in at 441lbs. How did you take off nearly 100lbs?

• Member Contributer

HELL YA! I love how you watched the details, and have everything aligned. :thumbsup: Thanks go to you. How's bout some pinnage, dearest of mods? Glad I could make myself useful. See how she does, at the track. My limited knowledge, is at your disposal.

• Member Contributer
Hey Steph,

The mods look GREAT! I think I will try this double layer look on my RCBVFR side covers.

Just notice that you say your de-linked vtec weighs in at 441lbs. How did you take off nearly 100lbs?

Thanks. As for the weight, it's not 100lbs off, but 30lbs. I've taken the dry weight (470) and subtracted everything I've taken off: link brake sys, center stand, cat converter, rear fender etc etc.

HELL YA! I love how you watched the details, and have everything aligned. :thumbsup: Thanks go to you. How's bout some pinnage, dearest of mods? Glad I could make myself useful. See how she does, at the track. My limited knowledge, is at your disposal.

Not sure it is "pinned worthy", but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Good job! :thumbsup:

Do you need some mirror block plates? I can hook you up! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Seb. Once I was going to put c/f plates, but the deal fell through. I just have "oversized head" screws which seem to do the job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
Any track time, on the body yet?

Well, we only had 4 15min sessions, so my times went from 1:44 to 1:27. I can easily see another 5sec go, but after that, it will take times. I was talking to a friend who says that a lot of guys who have been racing there for year are still in the 1:22s. The pros do 1:09!!!!!!!

Great work. Nice to see you even have a sponsor. :goofy:

Do you ride racing tires at the track?

Yes I did. BT002 type 3. I love them. I really tortured them :lol: . I haven't found the right pressure yet. 34/34 hot. I might go a bit harder on the back because they really "melted" but never let go(I'll show you the track pics when my friends - pro photographer, emails them to me).

There was a guy on ZX6 who said he couldn't get close to me on the straight - too much power :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Great lookin' stuff....bike really looks clean with it on........... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest heavenzjai

nice but...a set of fairings can be expensive.

If you track the bike often, why not make a fiberglass copy of it?

masking tape entire area/parts

lay 2-3 laters of fiber glass

va-la

• Member Contributer
nice but...a set of fairings can be expensive.

If you track the bike often, why not make a fiberglass copy of it?

masking tape entire area/parts

lay 2-3 laters of fiber glass

va-la

I got this one for cheap: I bought all the parts of ebay. I won't have to do the fiberglass because I'll buy a race bike next year, so this set will be up for sale.

IMG_3848copy.jpg

IMG_9819copy.jpg

IMG_9886copy.jpg

IMG_9820copy.jpg

IMG_9372copy.jpg

IMG_3406copy.jpg