My Version Of Frankenviffer

Guest craft

Guest craft

so this is my baby as she stands today(and could remain for some time). to make a long story short- i lost focus and made a left-hand turn directly into the path of a chevy avalanche. he never saw me. luckily he hit just behind my person. i walked(hobbled) away with a fractured/chipped/sprained left foot, a sprained right ankle, and a good many scrapes and bumps. that was 5/13. to be honest, i've told the story eleventy-billion times, and i'm sorta tired of it. well, one of the fellows that was riding behind me took it upon himself to take my bike under his wing. he replaced the subframe, welded and tapped new holes on the main frame(where the subframe bolts on), mounted my staintune that i had ordered just a week before the accident, and a handful of other little details that i have lost track of. he had the bike road ready in 3 weeks(my body will require at least another 2)! the most interesting repair is, of course, the "stitches". at first it was a "just to get by thing", but, the more i thing about it, the more i like it. it adds a ton of character, and serves as a great reminder every time i look at it. i thought you all would get a kick out of seeing the custom body repairs. i must say that i am very impressed with the VFR's resilience. thanks for your time folks!

gallery_11329_3093_473367.jpg

The Resurrection 002.jpg

gallery_11329_3093_777017.jpg

The Resurrection 007.jpg

• Member Contributer

Now someone just needs to come up with the bride of Frankenviffer!!! I must say I've never seen such handywork. Truly one of a kind and probably a conversation starter. Thanks for sharing...hope you have a quick recovery!

Guest 4stroke

I look at stiches on people everyday and I must say, those are as good as any that I see. A job well done! I'd say keep it that way!

• Member Contributer

From a future physician, that totally rules. Heal up quick!

Guest birddog

I have that same cosmetic repair on my dirtbike rear fender. It works great and holds together nicely......cause I'm too cheap to spring for a new rear fender on something I'm probably gonna break again. LOL.

"There's only one thing wrong with the Craft Viffer - It's ALIVE!"

Seriously, glad you are on the mend. I like the stitches on the bike!

Guest craft

thanks for the support guys. i'm really excited about getting back on! the kid did a heck of a job on her. unfortunately most of the remaining pain is in the top of my left foot and toes. it makes shifting quite a pain! thanks for your comments friends!

gallery_11329_3093_14539.jpg

Frankenstein!! 007.jpg

• Member Contributer

Oh no! Now we have another item to add to our tool kit on the bike. A paper punch and a large bag of zips. In my case black ones because they are faster of course.

I've seen the zip-tie fix used quite a lot on dirt bikes and snowmobiles in the past, another key step is to drill a hole at the end of each crack, to keep it from spreading!

Get well soon, and go for a ride. :thumbsup: