Power Commander Maps OFFICIAL COZY MAP - (cozye_ver5.djm) - Famous vtec pc3 USB map.

cozye

not sure of a test. maybe just ohm out the eliminator to see if it has continuity on the pins. if all looks ok, why not try with 02 elim and w/o o2 elim to see if it acts different. this would tell you whether it was impacting things or not.

you are saying that this is all new and that it has never run any better, instead of it having worked at one time and now it is worse, right? if always this way, might try removing PAIR valve as this seemed to help with this issue too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put it on today, the parts are all used, not new. I hate buying used electrics but this seemed like to good of a deal. Seems like it's all working but needs some tweaking. Once the headers go on, I have a custom map from the PO to try, as well as Jason's. Not sure if Stephane ever posted his. Or maybe I'll have to get my own big $$ tuning done so that it's correct for my altitude, humidity, sock color, etc etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OKCVFR

I am having similar problems running black06vfr's map (for 2006 & up), except it surges and runs generally rough from idle all the way through to 4K and is lacking in over all power at the higher rpms. I reloaded the map and the bike still does not run right, so I loaded the Micron map from PC and it works great. I compared black06vfr's map he has in the down load section with the Mircron map from PC and I now know why it is so rough up to 4k, there is way too much fuel added in the lower rpms and way to much taken out at the higher rpms. I'm not sure if black06vfr's map was messed with before it was posted but it sure does not work for me.

This weekend I am going to try Cozye's map and for the first attempt I'm going to do what he suggested and use the map settings from the PC Micron map in the 6k-8k range and keep his settings everywhere else and see what happens. I may play with it a bit and see what I can do, but one really needs a dyno to see what the results are at each rpm and throttle position. I'll post once I know something. Oh, this is for a 2007, just thought you might be interested to know that another person's map does not work well on my bike either.

Anyone else notice a funk between 3-5k rpms running this map?

I just put it in, running Staintunes, Dynojet O2 elims, and stock filter(probably dirty at 16k mi).

On startup, got some afterfire with no throttle application(popping right off the bat, little smoke), smoothed out after a couple small tugs on the grip. Noticed the extra noise too, seems a couple db louder??(not that there's anything wrong w/ that!) Out on the road (50 deg F), seems to pull better, pulls straight through VTEC @ 7k(never had a problem w/ it before, but I could feel the dip, seems to be gone now), HOWEVER - my bike was always real smooth at any rpm, roll the gas to any number, hold it, rpms stay put, no surging/on-off power feel. Now, I bring it to 3.5/4.5/5k(cruising rpm), and I have surging. Feels like sh-t. Almost feels like a really loose chain, but my chain is fine...

Maybe the map is tuned for this surging that I never had, and now I get the opposite effect??

I'll ride it to work tomorrow, then I'm going to try the baseline map off Dynojet's site and try that.

Just curious to know if someone else had that happen. I love the PC in my F4i, my favorite part is that the on/off feel from 0 throttle position is gone(map from their site for F4i/K&N/Hindle slip-on), and smooth, direct throttle response throughout the rpm range. That's all I was hoping for on the VFR, I don't mind the VTEC transition. Surging sucks!!

Edited by OKCVFR

• 2 weeks later...

I finally just installed the PCII and O2 eliminators tonight which I bought over a year ago. I'd been meaning to do this for awhile, but when the VTEC transition smoothed out at 10k mi and just kept getting better, I thought "Why not just sell the PCIII, etc? You don't really need it."

But instead I kept it and decided to install it during my next oil change since the left fairing would be off anyway. Last night was it. Most of you know I am not much of a mechanic, so this took me awhile, but I got it done.

Cozye emailed me the map last year. I held on to that email for a long time and finally downloaded the map last night in preparation for the PCIII install. Computer stuff was easy to do. Hardest part of the whole installation was getting the throttle body wiring harness and O2 sensor connectors apart. My fingers still hurt.

After I was done I took a quick ride for an initial test, both to make sure the oil change was 100% OK and to see what changes the PCIII made. After that short ride I have to say I'm really glad I kept the PCIII and am very grateful to Cozye for his map!!

My '04 never had a bad VTEC transition problem, and like I said above it got smoother with more miles. With the PCIII and Eric's map, however, it's even better! And I think I've also rid the bike of the surging at 5k-6k rpm in lower gears, which was an annoying but not unbearable problem.

I never really had any complaints before the PCIII, but with it and the great map I think the bike is really that much better. Thanks again, Eric! :rolleyes:

Guest SOTY

I have a 07' I'm pretty technically adept.

Bike is a Japan model Speced up.

I don't know the air filter, not or there are eliminators or whatever.

I'm going LV EVOII.

Wondering if a PCIII + Cozy's/Eric's map is worth it?

Anyone can spot out some good places to order up the PCIII at a decent price?

Thanks

• Member Contributer
I have a 07' I'm pretty technically adept.

Bike is a Japan model Speced up.

I don't know the air filter, not or there are eliminators or whatever.

I'm going LV EVOII.

Wondering if a PCIII + Cozy's/Eric's map is worth it?

Anyone can spot out some good places to order up the PCIII at a decent price?

Thanks

My understanding is that Cozye's map only works with 2002 through 2005 models. The 2006 and newer VFR's have a different ECU so the map will not work the same.

• Member Contributer
Anyone else notice a funk between 3-5k rpms running this map?

I just put it in, running Staintunes, Dynojet O2 elims, and stock filter(probably dirty at 16k mi).

On startup, got some afterfire with no throttle application(popping right off the bat, little smoke), smoothed out after a couple small tugs on the grip. Noticed the extra noise too, seems a couple db louder??(not that there's anything wrong w/ that!) Out on the road (50 deg F), seems to pull better, pulls straight through VTEC @ 7k(never had a problem w/ it before, but I could feel the dip, seems to be gone now), HOWEVER - my bike was always real smooth at any rpm, roll the gas to any number, hold it, rpms stay put, no surging/on-off power feel. Now, I bring it to 3.5/4.5/5k(cruising rpm), and I have surging. Feels like sh-t. Almost feels like a really loose chain, but my chain is fine...

Maybe the map is tuned for this surging that I never had, and now I get the opposite effect??

I'll ride it to work tomorrow, then I'm going to try the baseline map off Dynojet's site and try that.

Just curious to know if someone else had that happen. I love the PC in my F4i, my favorite part is that the on/off feel from 0 throttle position is gone(map from their site for F4i/K&N/Hindle slip-on), and smooth, direct throttle response throughout the rpm range. That's all I was hoping for on the VFR, I don't mind the VTEC transition. Surging sucks!!

Back a couple of years ago, it turned out that the PC I had(which had been custom mapped) malfunctioned. DJ replaced it under warranty :fing02:

Anyway, during this process Eric and I talked and exchanged maps. I uploaded his map and really didn't feel that it was much different from my VFR without a PC. He tried my custom map and flet that it was rich in some areas if I remember correctly, but he did use some of the settings from my map in certain areas that he felt were better. So I reinstalled my "custom" map with the new PC and all was good again. Big, noticeable difference from Eric's map in my bike.

The point I'm trying to get to is that there are factors which will affect how well a particular map will work in your particular bike. Probably the most important is where you live and ride, i.e. elevation etc.

For example, we all know that DJ has loads of maps to service their customers. When I was first exploring and trying to educate myself about the PC prior to purchase I noticed that the people that were happiest with their PC's were the one's that had custom maps made. The people that went with one of DJ's maps seemed to be only marginally happy in general.

I'm currently having a map done for my '07 600RR and got to sit in and watch some of it being done. The PC came loaded with DJ's map for my bike/pipe combo etc. and their map was much richer in areas than what was being done on my map at my sea level elevation. The reason for this was due to DJ being at approx 2500' in elevation and a couple of other minor details......hence the richer map being created in and for that particular environment.

So, it's something to consider when trying to find the best map for your bike and where you ride.

Guest SOTY

Cool, and can anyone drop a few places they’d recommend for picking up the PCIII for a Viffer 07’??

Thanks!

Cool, and can anyone drop a few places they’d recommend for picking up the PCIII for a Viffer 07’??

Thanks!

Watch our very own Classifieds! :warranty:

If/when some members sell their VFRs, sometimes they put it back to stock and sell the accessories seperately.

I got a brand new one in the box from a Member here! :fing02:

Hey all,

I just got my bike back from the shop for the wiring recall fix, and when I brought her home (no power commander) she felt like she was running the same as when I had it installed. I put her back together last night and checked everything over, installed the PC into the new harness, and then added the latest map from Cozye.

First off, dammit am I pissed! Seems my PC lost its map a while ago. All this time, and all that wasted gas! This map is a hell of a difference from running a zero map. Absolutely no VTEC transition at all, smooth all the way to redline. I actually had to look at the tach today, I knew that I should have felt a kick, and there was nothing, just more noise.

Gas mileage is better, and she has no hiccups, sputtering, NOTHING.

Thanks again Cozye!

• 2 months later...
Guest Iannn

Ok. cool. I am copying the map. A bunch of searching gave me the answer. Does anyone have this map running on the non usb commander? How does it do?

Guest Iannn

Sweet!! I got the map up and running. Runs awesome. vtech transition is perfect. The exhaust note changes of course but the shift into tech is very smooth. If anyone wants the map modified for the non usb power commander let me know. Maybe I will try and post it. Thanks! I'm sending $5 to this forum. Money well spent.

• 1 month later...

I've just returned from riding a new bike. Not many things live up to the hipe in my view but the PC3 and Cozye's map have transformed my bike. The on off throttle control is now linear instead of the two postion switch that it was. My bike came with gutted cans and used to pop a lot on deceleration....now gone. This bike is soooo smooth now. If you are sitting on the fence, get off.

I will be making another donation for this effort. Thanks to all of you who make this site what it is.

• Member Contributer

My map lives !! It's cool to check in to the site from time to time and you guys are still loving it!

• 5 months later...
Guest macrozan
My map lives !! It's cool to check in to the site from time to time and you guys are still loving it!

Hey Cozeye,

It seems it lives in Europe, too. I Loaded it on my 2003 European Vtec yesterday with a pc3 usb, slip on alu Leo Vinces, KN and O2 elims and it t-r-a-n-s-f-o-r-m-e-d the bike. WELL DONE & THANKS !!!

PS How come it works so well? I thought the VFRs in the states run much leaner than the ones we have in Europe.

Thanks again mate (its definitely worth a donation !)

Best,

George (Athens, Greece) :fing02:

Guest Viking1984
however, it needs some enrichment in the mid range ! will keep you posted !

Will test it on my VFR too! Let's see how will it work for the european model.. +1.gif

• 5 months later...
however, it needs some enrichment in the mid range ! will keep you posted !

Will test it on my VFR too! Let's see how will it work for the european model.. :cool:

Did anyone got any luck with this man and EU vfr? My new PC3 on the way so I am looking for a map now any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bangbang1954

I have #59 from the 2007 abs production run. my add on's are K & N filter with air valve mod. O2 sensor bypasses. two brothers exhaust system. PCIII USB . as you all know the transition when the vtec stages( kicks in) you eather smack your windscreen or lift frt. end catch it and back down. the cops in california frown on wheeles when you leave the toll booth. :blush: after the third time my wife said I will have to get rid of my baby. I even went to chp office and had there mech look at bike and recomended Mammoth Motorsports in santa rosa. thay have the Dino needed to fix problem. ok

OK one saterday later we came out with a dinoed map that makes the transition point go away so smooth like a shot of ozzo. this cost 400.00 for a day on the dyno. I will more tham happy to share this. just email me bangbang1@pacbell.net

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...