Power Commander Maps OFFICIAL COZY MAP - (cozye_ver5.djm) - Famous vtec pc3 USB map.

cozye

Gawd, I love this map. Thank you, Eric!!!

Click here to watch what-31-35

no kick and no WHINE!! :goofy: i came over a rise on the gas and the front came up and scared the crap out of me....gotta watch those 'bumps'! i love that V4 rumble....30 and snowing today....no riding in sight <_<

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just newly bought a PCIII USB and have a stock bike with O2 eliminators. Would uploading this map to the PC do any harm?

It won't harm your bike, but I feel that Cozye's map doesn't match my Europe spec VTEC. Throttle response becomes less crisp and it pops more on deceleration. VTEC transition is OK though.

The PC maps available for Europe VTEC in PC website work better on my bike.

Comparing the PC map for stock exhaust between US and Europe VTEC, it looks that the US map increase the fuel more than EUrope map.

I think Europe VTEC comes richer from factory than US VTEC. It could explain why Cozye's map doesn't perform well on my bike. It makes it too rich.

Grant, let us know how your bike respond.

That was one of the concerns I had... Cozye's map being designed for a USA bike and mine being a European bike.

But if it pops on deceleration... :thumbsup:

coyze developed his map by trial and error. perrhaps taking his and then tweaking will give you what you want.

I have a stupid question that I can't seem to get a straight answer to. Maybe you or someone on the board can help:

1. What exactly does a O2 Sensor Eliminator do?

2. If I do not install one with my PCIII, will I have issues?

3 What kind of issues? (MPG decrease, increased fuel consumptions, smoke)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Penetrator

the 02 eliminator simply replaces the 02 sensors in your exhaust. these sensors provide some type of resistance signal to your ecu that it makes fuel mixture decision with. the eliminator (or a 99 cent 330ohm resistor) simply fools the ecu. the PCIII also deals with the fuel mixture of course and if you dont put the 02 eliminators in, you will end up with the pciii map not being correct as the ecu tries to adjust things due to the 02 sensor signal. very laymen in description, but hope that helps.

you will have a much rougher running engine if you leave them in.

the 02 eliminator simply replaces the 02 sensors in your exhaust. these sensors provide some type of resistance signal to your ecu that it makes fuel mixture decision with. the eliminator (or a 99 cent 330ohm resistor) simply fools the ecu. the PCIII also deals with the fuel mixture of course and if you dont put the 02 eliminators in, you will end up with the pciii map not being correct as the ecu tries to adjust things due to the 02 sensor signal. very laymen in description, but hope that helps.

Thanks for a description that I can understand. I guess I will have to pony up $15.00 to get the sensor eliminator. Rather, I'll go to Radio Shack for a resistor, a much cheaper solution. I hope it is just as efficient. Thanks again.

Edited by Penetrator

• Member Contributer
Gawd, I love this map. Thank you, Eric!!!

Click here to watch what-31-35

HA!

Thanks dude. I'm glad that my map lives on even though my VFR is gone! It brings a tear to me eye :offtopic:

Thanks for a description that I can understand. I guess I will have to pony up $15.00 to get the sensor eliminator. Rather, I'll go to Radio Shack for a resistor, a much cheaper solution. I hope it is just as efficient. Thanks again.

i have the resistors from radio shack...work great, cost next to nothing, take no time to install...not worth the extra $29 to me for the 'official' ones. oh, by the way, rereading my explanation above, one might think i was 'simplifying' things....thats not what i meant, its just all i know about it :P

I contacted Cozye about his map for an '06, and tried to have a go myself, but to be honest I really didn't know what I was looking at after I loaded the map into the PCIII software. Maybe we should try to get all the 06/07 owners all this forum together and try to solve as a group. I am so jealous of all pre 2006 owners because of this map smile.gif

Have to hand it Cozye, his map sounds like one in a million.

SO has anyone had luck modding this for an 06 yet??

Guest black06vfr
I contacted Cozye about his map for an '06, and tried to have a go myself, but to be honest I really didn't know what I was looking at after I loaded the map into the PCIII software. Maybe we should try to get all the 06/07 owners all this forum together and try to solve as a group. I am so jealous of all pre 2006 owners because of this map smile.gif

I have a custom map for my bike with a set of migs, BMC race filter, O2 elim, snorkel, and PAIR removed. It's an 06, anyone know how I post it?

If you go to the downloads section, I believe there is an option to add files.

I have a custom map for my bike with a set of migs, BMC race filter, O2 elim, snorkel, and PAIR removed. It's an 06, anyone know how I post it?

Hi,

Any luck with posting the map?

If you go to the downloads section, I believe there is an option to add files.

Guest black06vfr

It's posted, just waiting for the admins to approve it i believe. I hope it works as well for the 06-08's as coyze's map worked for the 02-05's. I guess we'll see, but the bike runs very smooth with that map. I never noticed the difference until the battery died and I had to upload a generic map from dynojet for a set of microns. The bike did not run as well at all. The guy who made the map spent some time on it. The biggest difference is that the bike picked up 11hp in the midrange where the VTEC transition happened. I only picked up 3hp up top, but I did pick up some torque. I would have to find my dyno run sheet to tell you how much.

Edited by black06vfr

• Member Contributer

sounds like a good map. I hope that finally the 06+ guys will have something. I can't tell you how many PM's of disappointment I've sent for guys wanting to use the 02-05 map.

• Member Contributer

can anyone tell me how to get the map out of a PC2, for a fiw 98 5th Gen. I have a custom map which I find pretty good.

Max Power-101.02hp

Max Torque-55.45ft-lbs

Then I can upload it or send it to anyone interested.

Where did you post your map? I can't find it anywhere in the Downloads section. thx.

It's posted, just waiting for the admins to approve it i believe. I hope it works as well for the 06-08's as coyze's map worked for the 02-05's. I guess we'll see, but the bike runs very smooth with that map. I never noticed the difference until the battery died and I had to upload a generic map from dynojet for a set of microns. The bike did not run as well at all. The guy who made the map spent some time on it. The biggest difference is that the bike picked up 11hp in the midrange where the VTEC transition happened. I only picked up 3hp up top, but I did pick up some torque. I would have to find my dyno run sheet to tell you how much.

Guest black06vfr
Where did you post your map? I can't find it anywhere in the Downloads section. thx.

I just got word that it has been approved today. At 2:13 am. Wow HS, you must've been up late. I guess that's dedication. Here's the link.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...amp;showfile=37

Please let me know what you think of it. The dyno guys spent some time on it, so I was hoping to give him some feedback on it.

Edited by black06vfr

I've just newly bought a PCIII USB and have a stock bike with O2 eliminators. Would uploading this map to the PC do any harm?

no. uploading any of the maps cannot really 'hurt' the bike. it CAN make it run bad, depending on mods. however, based on your stock w/ 02, it will run just fine. the first time i ran coyze's map was basically the exact same (minus PAIR valve too) and it runs great so you should see similar results.

I just installed the PCIII with one O2 Sensor Eliminator (got it for free from a wrecked VFR), I had the PCIII installed, with the eliminator. It seems like the guy I had install it was not that experienced with the O2. The fuel injector light stays on. Is that supposed to happen? Does it need another O2? Can I install a couple of 330 ohm resistors with the O2? How can I remedy the situation?

Edited by Penetrator

Seems to me that your o2 elims are junk. Go the resistors.

The O2 Sensors SUCK! I went with the 99 cents resistors. No problems. The FI light went off. Thanks for all of the advice. Coyze your map is off da chain! I went for ride this afternoon, and the power is very immpressive. I can't beleive the difference. I did not know a VFR could roar like that. I will post my Dyno as soon as I get over to the Dyno Center.

Thanks a bunch guys,

Da Penetrator Lives!

Edited by Penetrator

• Member Contributer

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Coyze for making this fuel map freely available on VFRD. It actually *solved* my poor fuel mileage on my 03 VFR. After playing around with the throttle and VTEC I was amazed at how smooth everything was, no hiccup on VTEC at all anymore. I thought I couldn't have good performance AND fuel economy on a 6th gen. Hah, on a 300 mile ride today I net'd 43 mpg all around. 43 MPG!!!! That's simply badass, and saves me from having a local dynoshop try to make a fuel map that works.

I've officially fallen in love with my VFR again, the mileage got so bad that I was considering selling it and moving on to something else. Will gladly donate to VFRD for Coyze's work, thanks again!

Edited by Teague

• Member Contributer
Seems to me that your o2 elims are junk. Go the resistors.

The O2 Sensors SUCK! I went with the 99 cents resistors. No problems. The FI light went off. Thanks for all of the advice. Coyze your map is off da chain! I went for ride this afternoon, and the power is very immpressive. I can't beleive the difference. I did not know a VFR could roar like that. I will post my Dyno as soon as I get over to the Dyno Center.

Thanks a bunch guys,

Da Penetrator Lives!

Cool. It's been covered in past threads, (that I think are now deleted), but the PC elims seem to only last a few thousand miles before folks have problems. Some have been bad out of the box, others are problem less. For less than $1.00 the resistors are the way to go. (I know this because of the forum). :thumbsup:

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Coyze for making this fuel map freely available on VFRD. It actually *solved* my poor fuel mileage on my 03 VFR. After playing around with the throttle and VTEC I was amazed at how smooth everything was, no hiccup on VTEC at all anymore. I thought I couldn't have good performance AND fuel economy on a 6th gen. Hah, on a 300 mile ride today I net'd 43 mpg all around. 43 MPG!!!! That's simply badass, and saves me from having a local dynoshop try to make a fuel map that works.

I've officially fallen in love with my VFR again, the mileage got so bad that I was considering selling it and moving on to something else. Will gladly donate to VFRD for Coyze's work, thanks again!

It's surprising to me, all the 6th gen owners with PC's, that still have problems, and no not of Cozey's map. He got some props, recently, in a major cycle mag.,...and he has no VFR anymore. LOL. Hands down THE BEST DAMN MOD, ON MY BIKE. And this is coming from a self promoting fool. LOL.

• Member Contributer

I just love reading this thread. Even though I dont have my VFR any longer it really does put a smile on my face to know that the map I posted is enjoyed by so many.

I'm really eyeing the Bazzaz performance stuff for my RR. These guys are going to put Dynojet in the poor house I think. I looked at the application list though, no VFR.. suck.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else notice a funk between 3-5k rpms running this map?

I just put it in, running Staintunes, Dynojet O2 elims, and stock filter(probably dirty at 16k mi).

On startup, got some afterfire with no throttle application(popping right off the bat, little smoke), smoothed out after a couple small tugs on the grip. Noticed the extra noise too, seems a couple db louder??(not that there's anything wrong w/ that!) Out on the road (50 deg F), seems to pull better, pulls straight through VTEC @ 7k(never had a problem w/ it before, but I could feel the dip, seems to be gone now), HOWEVER - my bike was always real smooth at any rpm, roll the gas to any number, hold it, rpms stay put, no surging/on-off power feel. Now, I bring it to 3.5/4.5/5k(cruising rpm), and I have surging. Feels like sh-t. Almost feels like a really loose chain, but my chain is fine...

Maybe the map is tuned for this surging that I never had, and now I get the opposite effect??

I'll ride it to work tomorrow, then I'm going to try the baseline map off Dynojet's site and try that.

Just curious to know if someone else had that happen. I love the PC in my F4i, my favorite part is that the on/off feel from 0 throttle position is gone(map from their site for F4i/K&N/Hindle slip-on), and smooth, direct throttle response throughout the rpm range. That's all I was hoping for on the VFR, I don't mind the VTEC transition. Surging sucks!!

Anyone else notice a funk between 3-5k rpms running this map?

I just put it in, running Staintunes, Dynojet O2 elims, and stock filter(probably dirty at 16k mi).

On startup, got some afterfire with no throttle application(popping right off the bat, little smoke), smoothed out after a couple small tugs on the grip. Noticed the extra noise too, seems a couple db louder??(not that there's anything wrong w/ that!) Out on the road (50 deg F), seems to pull better, pulls straight through VTEC @ 7k(never had a problem w/ it before, but I could feel the dip, seems to be gone now), HOWEVER - my bike was always real smooth at any rpm, roll the gas to any number, hold it, rpms stay put, no surging/on-off power feel. Now, I bring it to 3.5/4.5/5k(cruising rpm), and I have surging. Feels like sh-t. Almost feels like a really loose chain, but my chain is fine...

Maybe the map is tuned for this surging that I never had, and now I get the opposite effect??

I'll ride it to work tomorrow, then I'm going to try the baseline map off Dynojet's site and try that.

Just curious to know if someone else had that happen. I love the PC in my F4i, my favorite part is that the on/off feel from 0 throttle position is gone(map from their site for F4i/K&N/Hindle slip-on), and smooth, direct throttle response throughout the rpm range. That's all I was hoping for on the VFR, I don't mind the VTEC transition. Surging sucks!!

catless, 330ohm resistor, gutted stock pipes.....runs like a champ....no surging anywhere...i am going to try tinyminds one day, but besides the low gas mileage, i really can't complain about this map at all.

could it be your resistor going bad/is loose? i think that would cause surging...

I got a set of catless headers with PC3 and the Dynojet resistors. I put the resistors and the PC in today, the resistors have a factory-style plug, so yes, the fit is good. No idiot lights on the dash, so I assume they are working...? I hate working on elec"tricks", but I do own a voltmeter, if someone cares to explain a test to me. Won't get to it till tomorrow after work though.

• Member Contributer

I downloaded Cozye's map and I will have installed this weekend. From what I have read, this is the best map out there. I have the 2004 VFR, Laser Exhaust, BMC Air Filter, and going with the RadioShack resistors. Sebspeed I will post opinions after Saturday, but can anyone forsee a problem with my setup and Cozye's map.... ? just in case I missed something on a post somewhere.

Also... any idea why the stock VFR map from DynoJet only hits 6500 RPM? Cozye's covers 12500.