Power Commander Maps OFFICIAL COZY MAP - (cozye_ver5.djm) - Famous vtec pc3 USB map.

cozye

• Member Contributer

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=18

File Name: OFFICIAL COZY MAP - (cozye_ver5.djm) - Famous vtec pc3 USB map.

File Submitter: cozye

File Submitted: 28 May 2007

File Updated: 02 Feb 2011

File Category: Power Commander Maps

Thanks a million to HS for setting up this downloads section. Well, here is my map for everyone to download. This is the same map that is featured in Motorcyclist Magazine (May,07 pg 159).

This map should work perfectly on any 2002-2005 VFR with aftermarket slip on and o2 eliminators. It will work well on any vtec really, regardless of exhaust. If running stock exhaust you may want to go in and lean it up just a touch. Try it first though and see before tweaking. If anyone feels like they can make some improvements, go for it. Many minds are greater than one.

I believe Tinyminds has dyno'd this map and got around 101 hp or so.

This map wont work well on 2006-2007 models with the lower vtec engagement. You could probably take the map and modify it accordingly for the lower vtec range. If someone attempts this, please post it up for other newer vtec guys to use. I've had quite a few 06-07 owners ask for it. My thoughts are that you could copy mine below 6000, and above 8000. Then just mimick what I did with the fuel curve on the dynojet supplied version from 6000-8000. Just smooth out the fuel curve.

enough rambling.

One request however. If you use the map, and you really like it. Why not make a small donation to VFRD ? I would guess there are probably 150 people who have or are using this map (just going by the fact that I have had about 300 request for it). If all those people chipped in 5 bucks, it would be quite a bit of dough to go for our wonderful community. Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Click here to download this file

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grant

I've just newly bought a PCIII USB and have a stock bike with O2 eliminators. Would uploading this map to the PC do any harm?

I've just newly bought a PCIII USB and have a stock bike with O2 eliminators. Would uploading this map to the PC do any harm?

no. uploading any of the maps cannot really 'hurt' the bike. it CAN make it run bad, depending on mods. however, based on your stock w/ 02, it will run just fine. the first time i ran coyze's map was basically the exact same (minus PAIR valve too) and it runs great so you should see similar results.

It won't harm your bike, but I feel that Cozye's map doesn't match my Europe spec VTEC. Throttle response becomes less crisp and it pops more on deceleration. VTEC transition is OK though.

The PC maps available for Europe VTEC in PC website work better on my bike.

Comparing the PC map for stock exhaust between US and Europe VTEC, it looks that the US map increase the fuel more than EUrope map.

I think Europe VTEC comes richer from factory than US VTEC. It could explain why Cozye's map doesn't perform well on my bike. It makes it too rich.

Grant, let us know how your bike respond.

Guest Grant

It won't harm your bike, but I feel that Cozye's map doesn't match my Europe spec VTEC. Throttle response becomes less crisp and it pops more on deceleration. VTEC transition is OK though.

Comparing the PC map for stock exhaust between US and Europe VTEC, it looks that the US map increase the fuel more than EUrope map.

I think Europe VTEC comes richer from factory than US VTEC. It could explain why Cozye's map doesn't perform well on my bike. It makes it too rich.

That was one of the concerns I had... Cozye's map being designed for a USA bike and mine being a European bike.

But if it pops on deceleration... :thumbsup:

Edited by Grant

That was one of the concerns I had... Cozye's map being designed for a USA bike and mine being a European bike.

But if it pops on deceleration... :thumbsup:

coyze developed his map by trial and error. perrhaps taking his and then tweaking will give you what you want.

• Member Contributer
One request however. If you use the map, and you really like it. Why not make a small donation to VFRD ? I would guess there are probably 150 people who have or are using this map (just going by the fact that I have had about 300 request for it). If all those people chipped in 5 bucks, it would be quite a bit of dough to go for our wonderful community. Just a thought. :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly. I downloaded the map and love it. I hadn't contributed to the forum, yet have gained so much from it, I felt compelled to contribute.

Guest amhopf

I've got Power Commander Control Center 2.7.8.13

I've never used the software before as the bike came with the PC installed and programmed.

when i open the program and try to load the map, it doesn't recognize the file as a "Dynojet Map File"

If i view all file types and select cozye's map I get a "C++ error" and the program freezes up.

I stink at computers, what's going on here? <_<

I've never used the software before as the bike came with the PC installed and programmed.

when i open the program and try to load the map, it doesn't recognize the file as a "Dynojet Map File"

If i view all file types and select cozye's map I get a "C++ error" and the program freezes up.

EEEEKKKKK!!!! GET YOUR HANDS OFF THE KEYBOARD, AND SLLOOOWWWLLYYY BACK AWAY!! :pissed:

mine is 3.1.8 and it works fine. sounds like coyze's is a newer version and therefore, it doesn't recognize the format. you will probably have to update to newer version.

• Member Contributer

Are you using the pc3 usb, or pc3 serial?

If using the pc3 usb, go to dynojet's website and download a newer version.

Guest amhopf

Are you using the pc3 usb, or pc3 serial?

If using the pc3 usb, go to dynojet's website and download a newer version.

good question, I think I am running the usb. anyway i will try to download the newest version. what version is everyone else on?

• 1 month later...

I have used this map for many months and can say it's one of the best available. It pulls from any rpm without drama and smooths out the VTEC transition considerably. On steady cruising it sips fuel and throttle rolls are clean - no chugging or gasps.

I am now trying the Tinyminds map for catless headers (my latest mod.).

• 6 months later...
Guest VFRinAustin

One quick and probably ignorant question. Will this map work without the O2 sensor eliminators? I am being told by a retailer that I dont need them because I got my bike in PA but I thought all US VFRs came with these sensors installed. Who is correct?

Thanks

One quick and probably ignorant question. Will this map work without the O2 sensor eliminators? I am being told by a retailer that I dont need them because I got my bike in PA but I thought all US VFRs came with these sensors installed. Who is correct?

Thanks

anytime you use the pciii, you need to remove the 02 sensors and replace with either an eliminator or a resistor. if you bought the eliminators already, no worries. if not, use a 330ohm resistor from radio shack instead. 99cents, buys 2 and you are done. oh, forgot...you are right

• Member Contributer

Thanks

anytime you use the pciii, you need to remove the 02 sensors and replace with either an eliminator or a resistor. if you bought the eliminators already, no worries. if not, use a 330ohm resistor from radio shack instead. 99cents, buys 2 and you are done. oh, forgot...you are right

The resistors, also, seem to have much less a failure rate, than P.C.'s eliminators.

Thanks

What year is your VFR??? No 02's on 99-down in the USA, everything 2000-up has them. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

One member I had worked with a bit to mod it for the 06. I think he came away with some decent results but I don't know if he ever finished it or not. you might start a new topic that will grab his attention, I don't remember who it was .. smile.gif

KB, you still haven't checked those valves yet ? lol.

Does anyone have a map for my setup? I just got my Two Bros, PCIII and Pipercross air filter. Now, I am ready to see what this baby can do. I want to get the map prior to having my mechanic install the mods. I was thinking about get a custom map...but I am out of cash. I spent alot on the mods. The last item to add is to polish the frame and stator cap. I was thinking about using Coyze's map, but I am worried that it would not work with gthe Pipercross.

The attached link is a photo of my bike prior to the pipes, pcciii, pipercross and windscreen....

Can someone help me?

Edited by Penetrator

• Member Contributer

It will work fine with the Pipercross.

Nice air filter choice BTW. I just started carrying pipercross and thought there was a lot of buzz about them. Not to many people hear catching on yet. Fantastic filters. It will only be a matter of time.

Thanks for the confirmation. Prior to purchasing the Pipercross, I was stuck on K&N. I did a little research and it seems that the ranking of air filters are as follows:

1. Pipercross

2. BMC

3. K&N

Pipercross is also the most expensive. I picked mine up for about $76.00 fro Cal-Sportbike. I am taking my bike to mechanic this weekend. Maybe in about two weeks, I will have it Dynoed. I will post the results.

Thanks again

Edited by Penetrator