Starter Valve Syncronization - VTEC

HispanicSlammer

• Member Contributer

Looking at the service manual it says to remove the sensor from the air cleaner housing, then temporarily connect the sensor and the vacuum hose. So the sensor is detached from the air cleaner but still connected electrically to the harness and to the intake vacuum, which means the FI system will be happy even though the airbox is off.

Should have got a 5th gen!

Looking at the service manual it says to remove the sensor from the air cleaner housing, then temporarily connect the sensor and the vacuum hose. So the sensor is detached from the air cleaner but still connected electrically to the harness and to the intake vacuum, which means the FI system will be happy even though the airbox is off.

Should have got a 5th gen!

Thanks. for the clarification

I was having trouble understanding the manual and, haha yes should of bought a 5th gen. I catch myself browsing ads for clean 5th gen

• 4 months later...

I looked at the service manual and I think it only means to electrically connect the MAP sensor, not the vacuum. When you look at it, once you've disconnected the lines from the five way adapter there isn't anywhere or way to actually hook the MAP vacuum line back in without some form of adapter on another vacuum line.

The manual also states at the end of the starter sync procedure to 'reset the ECM diagnosis data' which acknowledges that error code 1 (MAP sensor error) will be there anyway (Which it wouldn't if it were connected to a vacuum line)

Edited by adsrox0r