05 R1 Exhaust On A Vtec

ASU-VFR

• Member Contributer

after thinking about gutting my cans i decided i wanted something more custom so i got a set of stock 05 R1 cans and shortened them and gutted em. now i need to make a mid pipe and alter the pipes on the cans. i'll post pics later tonight

I was working on one too. I have both mufflers shortened but have yet to mount them to a stock Y pipe. I was just waiting till I had the project complete before I posted on it. I'll make a deal with you, the first one done with a working system mounted on a bike gets the special notoriety of being the first to finish it. How are yours coming along. Here is a photo of my mufflers (this is just the first one I have shortened and all the little mounts for the heat shields have been ground off.)

I have test fitted them on the bike and sizewise, these will work perfect. :thumbsup:

gallery_185_904_153713.jpg

shortened R1 mufflers

gallery_185_904_10967.jpg

R1 muffler modifications

gallery_185_904_963467.jpg

100_0244.JPG

• 6 months later...
I was working on one too. I have both mufflers shortened but have yet to mount them to a stock Y pipe. I was just waiting till I had the project complete before I posted on it. I'll make a deal with you, the first one done with a working system mounted on a bike gets the special notoriety of being the first to finish it. How are yours coming along. Here is a photo of my mufflers (this is just the first one I have shortened and all the little mounts for the heat shields have been ground off.)

I have test fitted them on the bike and sizewise, these will work perfect. :thumbsup:

gallery_185_904_153713.jpg

shortened R1 mufflers

gallery_185_904_10967.jpg

R1 muffler modifications

gallery_185_904_963467.jpg

100_0244.JPG

• Member Contributer

i will have it finished next summer in june when im done with college for the year and back home in MN. Unfortunetly i dont have the tools or time to do it here in AZ. I just need to make a mid pipe and massage the connections. i just got caught up with work and fishing :goofy: this past summer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
I'll make a deal with you, the first one done with a working system mounted on a bike gets the special notoriety of being the first to finish it.

Ok, I win :goofy:

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

Check my thread for more details on the buildup plus video.

• 5 months later...

I have seen this set up before and it looks sweet if done right. I was wondering if you have finished the swap yet. I have the urge to do it to my 2004 VTEC. I dont feel like spensing $$$ for an aftermarket set up. The R1 cans look great. Do you have pictures of the connection between the R1 muffler and the VFR pipe? Keep in touch.

Archived