Tail Light Bulbs

RolandHTG

• Member Contributer

The microfiche at ronayers.com shows the same bulb for both turn indicaters and tail/stop. My 99 had different bulbs when I bought it with 11,000 miles. I would assume the PO had installed some highr watt stoplight bulbs but it appeared to me that the sockets would only except special Honda OEM bulbs with non standard tab placement, just like the headlights. The bulb pictured in the fiche diagram appears to be the direction indicator bulb wihich has no tabs and in fact no plastic base at all and that is what are in my direction indiacters. What's going on? Am I confused or is the fiche wrong?

• Member Contributer
The microfiche at ronayers.com shows the same bulb for both turn indicaters and tail/stop. My 99 had different bulbs when I bought it with 11,000 miles. I would assume the PO had installed some highr watt stoplight bulbs but it appeared to me that the sockets would only except special Honda OEM bulbs with non standard tab placement, just like the headlights. The bulb pictured in the fiche diagram appears to be the direction indicator bulb wihich has no tabs and in fact no plastic base at all and that is what are in my direction indiacters. What's going on? Am I confused or is the fiche wrong?

there is an electric plug that is flat than a socket that fits into the light housing. The bulb slides into the socket 2 piece set up past the wires

plug, socket, bulb,

• Member Contributer

there is an electric plug that is flat than a socket that fits into the light housing. The bulb slides into the socket 2 piece set uppast the wires

plug, socket, bulb,

would you like me to snap a pic for you?

• Member Contributer

I know what the sockets look like, but are all four bulbs the same. On mine, I have two bulbs that are all glass and two that are glas plus plastic base.

• Member Contributer
I know what the sockets look like, but are all four bulbs the same. On mine, I have two bulbs that are all glass and two that are glas plus plastic base.

I replaced my rear that burnt out with one from my removed front dumbo [blinker] and it was exactly the same all glass. and I know mine where stock.

Archived