Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

FYI Thurn is considering on making a base and extender. They haveing a production meeting soon and will let me know. Darth if your still considering on making them please post updates. I'm in no hurry as long as I have a set before next season /spring ...now that this one is pretty much done, just know how some things like this go that take time to get done (anyone remember the peg lowering blocks...) :idea3: and before we know it will be another couple months or next season with or with out this gadget. :salesman:

• Member Contributer
FYI Thurn is considering on making a base and extender. They haveing a production meeting soon and will let me know. Darth if your still considering on making them please post updates. I'm in no hurry as long as I have a set before next season /spring ...now that this one is pretty much done, just know how some things like this go that take time to get done (anyone remember the peg lowering blocks...) :blink: and before we know it will be another couple months or next season with or with out this gadget. :salesman:

Just out of curiosity, but why can't you use the lobster extenders before the base? They are pretty sturdy and drilling a small hole to run the wiring would be pretty simple.... +1.gif

:unsure: Because the lobster extenders will not work with GSXR mirrors... :idea3: Thurn says if we can get at least 20 to purchase them they will start making them. I'll take two (one pair) so we need 18 more...who wants a pair? Post intrest and e-mail Thurn @ "Thurn Motorsport" <info@thurn-motorsport.de> to get a head count. I asked Thurn to send me details on what they will make and if it will inclued or have the option of extenders and will post when I get a reply.

• Member Contributer

Count me in for a pair.

:unsure: Because the lobster extenders will not work with GSXR mirrors... :idea3: Thurn says if we can get at least 20 to purchase them they will start making them. I'll take two (one pair) so we need 18 more...who wants a pair? Post intrest and e-mail Thurn @ "Thurn Motorsport" <info@thurn-motorsport.de> to get a head count. I asked Thurn to send me details on what they will make and if it will inclued or have the option of extenders and will post when I get a reply.

• Member Contributer
My mistake, Thrun needs 20 pairs before they will tool up.

20) Joe Foe from Buffalo

19) VIPERon

18)..?

17)..?

And me, too!

(I e-mailed Thurn as well)

Thanks for trying to make this happen!

Perhaps there will be an upside to my horrible procrastination on the task of installing my GSXR mirrors.

If I wait long enough, hopefully I won't have to get a base fabricated as I was planning for! :thumbsup:

This is who Thurn is

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/

20) Joe Foe from Buffalo

19) VIPERon

18) Q-Dawg

17)..?

Q-Dawg & VIPERon did you both email Thurn @ info@thurn-motorsport.de ? I would name the e-mail you should send to make sure Thurn knows we are ready to place orders the same as what I did to them which is "Re: Mirror Mounts?"

Edited by Joe Foe from Buffalo

Where the heck is Darth Bling. He really should've had this all figured out by now :rolleyes:.

All I know is I'm not waiting to have them whipped up by somebody a gazillion miles away. I want American made! I've got this wicked set of Christmas lights left over from last year. I'm really thinking that I can wire them up and hang 'em off the mirrors (with a little high-speed duct tape).

Seriously though.....

Darth man, fes up bro wink.gif

• 6 years later...

Anyone (joe foe?) have an update on the adapter base and/or extender? Thurn? Señor Bling? Busy Little Shop? I've started the search for signal mirrors for my 07 VTEC as well now, and need to know if I need to reinvent the wheel and start from scratch with the search or not.

• Member Contributer

A few people have tried to get contact Darth with no luck. What he made could have been a one time shot and he is no longer doing them and as he has not posted after many requests, its safe to say hes done. Others, myself included had a set in hand and tried to re-fab, but the initial cost of material / lab was not worth it in my case.

I hate to say it, but your going to reinvent the wheel if you want it.

Could I at least get one/several good fotos from all angles of this thing that I have never even seen? Anyone have dimensions or a working drawing from Mr. Bling, or done one themselves then? As of right now, I still have not laid eyes on this thing to determine next steps.

Not knowing how it was resolved with Thurn, I wrote them today as well.

From Thurn, mere seconds ago:

ME:

"Hello-
The guys on my bike forum (www.vfrdiscussion.com) tell me that at one time they spoke to you about selling ONLY the base from your aftermarket signal mirrors to people who needed only the base (not the entire mirror), if enough people wanted it. Did you ever sell JUST the base? I can't seem to find any mention of you actually doing it. If not, I'd like to buy just the base x 2, or if you do not make this yourself, perhaps you can give me the contact info for whoever makes them for you to sell. Thanks for your help."

THURN:"We sell the mirrors only completely. it is not possible to give informations about companies, which built spare parts for us or about other suppliers."

So, strike one. Or seventy-two, whatever the count happens to be at this point.

• Member Contributer

I can not help you there, my photos where on my work laptop and I do not work for that company as of 7 weeks ago.

One of them members did the following:http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/65080-acrylic-mirror-extenders-with-leds/

Here is a better look at them. 40mm is distance from center hole to center hole.

The thread for mounting mirror arm is 8mm.

I'm thinking these may work, but I don't know if 8mm is common for the Suzuki mirror posts. Anyone know?

post-8118-0-24532000-1387007531.jpg

Edited by wgregt

Those are the Darth Bling mirror mounts, made long ago, no longer available.

Custom run machine work.

Damn it! I heard about them but that was the best picture I have seen. He's no longer active on here is he? I wonder if he has the CAD file for those? I have a friend who could probably mill them.

Yep, those are the DB mounts. And that IS the best foto that exists, I've found.

And DB is MIA. Hasn't been on here in years, his profile says. Wish I knew where he lived. I'm sure we got "people" in his town that could flush him out and politely ask for the drawings.

Right now, the earlier ones I posted on the blue background is the best I've come up with. Think they'll work?