Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

Bump....Should I start shopping for a good deal on a set of Gxer mirrors asap yet? :warranty: Darth, Please consider makeing the bases to inclued mirror base extenders like these as one or as a option to add if we want to be able to see behind us like they allow.

http://www.1cruiser.com/sa/cart/detail.asp...3-DD3EDEAE6602}

I've been useing them for years now and can't imagin not having them on my Gen4.

Edited by Joe Foe from Buffalo

• Member Contributer
Bump....Should I start shopping for a good deal on a set of Gxer mirrors asap yet? :warranty: Darth, Please consider makeing the bases to inclued mirror base extenders like these as one or as a option to add if we want to be able to see behind us like they allow.

http://www.1cruiser.com/sa/cart/detail.asp...3-DD3EDEAE6602}

I've been useing them for years now and can't imagin not having them on my Gen4.

That shouldn't be a problem when you consider the extenders a made to match the base of the VFR. I have a set of Lobster's extenders that I intend to use as well. If the adapter is made for the VFR, then the extenders should be simply plug-n-play. smile.gif

And you can put me down for a set of adapters for a 6th Gen if/when you start making them Darth...seems my ME buddy bit off more than he can chew. <_<

The Duck Mirrors do look kinda cool..but I think they would look odd and out of place on a VFR. This is a pic of them.

http://www.automotto.org/images/ducati-1098-1_59.jpg

Plus they look like they are really short. Darth any progress? Anyone want to try to get a group purchase discount on the Lobster extenders?

Guest ElementalG20

I think I've found a good deal on a set of GSXR mirrors, now I just have to keep watching this painfully for progress wink.gif

ElementalG20, Please post or send me a PM so we or I can get a good deal on a set also if what you found works out. Or are you saying you found on a set for yourself? If so ....show off/good for you :salesman: Please post details anyways after you close the deal so we or I can get a feel on what kind of deals may be had on a set.

Darth at least post details on the parts you mentioned useable off teh ones Thurn sells. Thurn sent me details on how to contact the makers of them since they can't help us till this fall to try to allow us to get them faster.

Guest ElementalG20

I apologize for being a show off smile.gif Friend of a friend has a newer GSXR and doesnt care for the mirrors for his own cosmetic reasons,(doesnt care for integrated turns WTF? smile.gif ) But the parts he wants to change out for cost $60.....so I merely told him I'd be glad to give him $60 for his mirrors if he wants to go that route. Sounds like he does, however the deal is not yet done......I'd push for it much harder if I knew I could make this work though smile.gif

Guest SondanXX
whay are my gixxer's mirrors missing???? :unsure:

For Sale... One set of Gixxer mirrors... and a nice looking blonde to go with, if that makes the deal... :goofy:

• 2 weeks later...

No progress as far as I know. I think Darth is working with Busy Little Shop to reinvent the wheel on this (inside joke) Eh Darth Please update us and share the info we need to possibly make our own or to ask teh makers of the ones Thurn sold you. Every one intrested please pm/post Darth Bling to show our intrest and to get him to show us the way or details he promissed to possibly get this going. He's active on the website posting in other subjects so it's not like he's mia.

Nope, I'm still around. smile.gif I keep finding other things to do instead of working on these mirrors. I do have the design done, I just need to get it into a suitable format for the CNC shop and then they can give me a quote.

• 3 weeks later...
Bump. Darth Bling are you going to get this project done soon or post details on how we can do it our selfs?

Sorry, work been taking up all my time this last month. sad.gif Once my hours drop back down to 40 per week instead of the 60-80 that's it's been, I'll have more time to get the mirror mounts made. Progress has been slow so far, but I've been working on it.

• Member Contributer
Any chance...please Darth you can or will you at least post some details on what is needed and let us deside if we want to wait for your offer to make them or make them our selfs or contact the maker of the original ones you found to work from Thurn?

Lol....impatient! It sounds like he CAD designed the mounts and is converting it to CNC friendly code so as to cut down time and costs. Let the man earn his living and get what little time off he gets for some sleep and riding. wink.gif He won't leave us hanging like some people I know *coughsmyMEbuddycoughs* :unsure:

And yes, I will be down for a set pending price as well. I still have my GSXR mirrors sitting on a shelf next to Trav's wheel hugger. :P

Any chance...please Darth you can or will you at least post some details on what is needed and let us deside if we want to wait for your offer to make them or make them our selfs or contact the maker of the original ones you found to work from Thurn?

Everything you need to know should already be in the first post of this thread. If there's any part that's unclear about what I did and what parts I used, let me know and I will edit the post. :warranty:

Lol....impatient! It sounds like he CAD designed the mounts and is converting it to CNC friendly code so as to cut down time and costs. Let the man earn his living and get what little time off he gets for some sleep and riding. wink.gif He won't leave us hanging like some people I know *coughsmyMEbuddycoughs* :unsure:

:D Yup, the little bit of free time I do have is spent either sleeping and (until recently) trying to fix my dryer which stopped working. <_< Getting my dryer to work ranked pretty high on my list since having dry clothes to wear is important to me. :P

I'm down if someone figures out the nuts and bolts of this.........I saw a crashed gixxer 1000 the other day (prior to reading this thread) and thought damn those would look sharp on my vfr.....ding!

What I'm not clear in is the base you used from the ones you purchased from Thurn. Not that I would make a set myself..may try contacting the makers of them to try to get a set with no eta on yours. Also want to be sure the ones you plan on making inclued the extentions on the base like I mentioned in earlier posts. LOL FYI I live near Buffalo NY..my ridding season is very short.

What I'm not clear in is the base you used from the ones you purchased from Thurn. Not that I would make a set myself..may try contacting the makers of them to try to get a set with no eta on yours. Also want to be sure the ones you plan on making inclued the extentions on the base like I mentioned in earlier posts. LOL FYI I live near Buffalo NY..my ridding season is very short.

Nope, no plans on adding an extention. The base I used is from their 6th Gen LED mirrors.

th_99-SS0246-gesamt.jpg

Any chance I or we can convince you Darth to make yours with a extention at the base or part of the base your making/ if need be a option. I've used them for years and they really do what they are made for and needed as mentioned below.

http://www.1cruiser.com/sa/p/Honda_VFR800_...2_-_Current.htm

Or I guess we could use the ones Thurn sells #51-SPV046

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/verkleidung-rc46_1.html

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/51-SPV046.jpg

They just look funny/like a cheaper add on when seen on the bike.

If anyone has a set of 05-06-07 for sale like the link below or knows of set I'm looking for a good deal on them ...since this is looking more and more like a winter project.

http://www.sportriders.org/forums/attachme...mp;d=1188524712

• 4 weeks later...