Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

If you're looking for something off the shelf and not a mod, your choices are slim. Like between these ones you found and.....none. I've never seen any like these before where the signal is suspended on the stalk and not part of the actual mirror.

Yeah, that was unique to the 2008-2010 ZX-10R. I just stumbled across it looking for turn signal mirrors.

I really like the GSXR mirrors (I even had a 2006 GSX-R 6000) but the guy who made the adaptable brackets stopped making them and didn't share his files :/.

The LED turn signals with the bulb inside the back of it look really nice. The VFR needs this weird 135* mirror angle though and that severely limits options. I wondered if in all these years someone found something else.

See side by side below.

Zoom.JPG

Compara.JPG

Au contraire. I have the CAD files myself directly from the guy who made them originally, and (if you followed along all 27 pages of the whole sordid tale) I got quotes to get them made a few times, but the qty. we needed was so small the cost was way high.

• Thanks 1

No, I made some PLA ones as tests in white in order to double check dimensions and fit etc. To me, I didn't think it was strong enough to support the mirror, vibrations, and you couldn't cut threads into it to hold the bolt. You'll see fotos somewhere in the thread.

• Thanks 1

Just now, WGREGT said:

No, I made some PLA ones as tests in white in order to double check dimensions and fit etc. To me, I didn't think it was strong enough to support the mirror, vibrations, and you couldn't cut threads into it to hold the bolt. You'll see fotos somewhere in the thread.

Hmm, thats really kind of sad. The bike is too old to get a group buy worth its salt together for this. 

I guess I couldn't really go wrong trying out some unique mirrors. That is why customizing exists right? But hey, different isn't always better :).

RE: the ebay link

Yep. Those have been discussed/installed over on the OTHER VFR forum. Didn't work out well. Vibrated a lot. Had to redrill a hole on the fairing too if I remember right. Thurn made some as well (German company...also in this thread) and I contacted them and they wouldn't work either I think. Costs were high on it as well.

• Sad 1

I could only get 8 or 10 people committed, and the minimum break point for under $200 a set I think was 25 or 50 (again, it's here in this thread somewhere towards the end...just going from memory right now.) Once that cost crept up, those 8-10 had hard decisions to make, and some dropped. Which made it more expensive for the 6-8 still in, of course.

Darth (the OG guy who made these) had one batch of 50 made, and sold all of them. But this was waaay back when Honda-San was still making the bike in the 2001-02 era.

• Like 1

I'll keep this thread favorited. I'm going to be on the lookout for good condition used ZX-10R mirrors. I have this link favorited if the OEM ones are over $120, or are just crap quality though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Side-Rear-View-Mirrors-Turn-Signal-For-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX10R-08-10-ZX6R-05-08-07/221267811048?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

The presiding wisdom is only OEM ones are decent. I know some folks tried to cheap out and get Emgo brand look-a-likes for the GSXR ones, and found out why they were so cheap. Vibration. I worked in a dealership for a bit, and every set of aftermarket mirrors we sold, regardless of brand or bike model, came back within days for OEM ones.

• Like 1

Nothing and I mean nothing is as clear as those Honda OEM  VFR mirrors. You can pick out a Highway Patrol from way WAY out behind you with those mirrors! I know from experience! You can tell the make and model of vehicles behind you easily too. But that’s not all. You don’t have to move your arm out of the way to see anything either. The view is not only crystal clear it is free of any obstruction. It’s the best rear view mirror for the VFR. Period.  I gave up looking at something different. But that’s just me, and I do understand the desire to set your ride apart. I spent my $$ on a smoke windscreen and brighter headlights and powder coated wheels with an 8-spoke rear. You want something that goes POP!? Get an 8-spoke rear wheel! Whether it’s sitting still or spinning, an 8-spoker looks awesome.

6 minutes ago, Rogue_Biker said:

Nothing and I mean nothing is as clear as those Honda OEM  VFR mirrors. You can pick out a Highway Patrol from way WAY out behind you with those mirrors! I know from experience! You can tell the make and model of vehicles behind you easily too. But that’s not all. You don’t have to move your arm out of the way to see anything either. The view is not only crystal clear it is free of any obstruction. It’s the best rear view mirror for the VFR. Period.  I gave up looking at something different. But that’s just me, and I do understand the desire to set your ride apart. I spent my $$ on a smoke windscreen and brighter headlights and powder coated wheels with an 8-spoke rear. You want something that goes POP!? Get an 8-spoke rear wheel! Whether it’s sitting still or spinning, an 8-spoker looks awesome.

Great... now I have to look into that  also haha.

I’ll be painting the bike this winter, and the stock mirrors are pitted and worn. That’s why I considered replacing them. Maybe I’ll just sand them down and have them professionally painted. Idk. 

Im doing the headlight upgrade right now. The VFR does leave room to be desired as it was designed in 2001. Insert 2015 H1 aftermarket projector technology. 

AA5CD209-B61A-4C26-9D01-F6C7E258E9B6.jpeg

482E06B9-829C-44CD-8277-4FEABAC5319C.jpeg