Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

• Member Contributer

Can you give a ballpark on pricing? $40? Or $200?

Going to talk with them tomorrow and get an idea of cost...

• Member Contributer

Sorry for the long delay. Work/life got in the way! Going to check in with the fabricator today...

• Member Contributer

Wow, I've never seen a particular "project" go two steps forward 3 steps back so much as this one. The bad news from emachineshop...back to the drawing board I guess. Worse case scenario, I can have them made from ABS or PLA, similar to the "proof of concept" ones my partner made.

Hi Darryl,

We cannot model your part in the eMachineShop software.
Unfortunately, if we cannot model it, we cannot machine it.

Best Regards,
Alex Dimitrovski
eMachineShop
201-962-7511 ext.116

• Member Contributer

There's a pic in the first post of this thread and I also had a proof of concept of the actual adapter made out of PLA using a 3D printer...

IMG_1751_zps97998ef1.jpg

IMG_1749_zps1e275a5b.jpg

Can someone post a pic of the stock gsxr base next to a vfr base?

• Member Contributer

My question remains. Bare stocker gixxer base, sitting next to a bare, stock vfr base.

Unless someone has a GSXR and a VFR and is willing to donate their time with taking pictures for you, I know I cannot accommodate your request. I only volunteered to help facilitate the fabrication, hence the 3D print outs my partner made. Not sure if anyone else involved here actually bought the GSXR mirrors without any adapter plates available.

I know where you're goin', Seb. And it ain't that easy.

No, but it might be a cheaper/easier part to make.

I have a lot on my plate, so I'm not too anxious to dive in here, but I have to admit I'm curious to see if I can think up a solution... hence my question. Not trying to grill anyone, I just need to see them both together in order to further my thought process on it.

Ok, that's good... last question(s)... let's say the bolt pattern was the same, and it were possible to bolt the GSXR base directly to the VFR... How far off would the angle of the mirror be?

Would it work like that, or would the base need to be rotated to position the mirrors correctly?

Nevermind, I went back to look at Darth's pics.

Another_POV.jpg

• Member Contributer

Do you have the digital data for it? I don't really trust the dimensional stability of 3D printing just yet...

I have the CAD files that were given to Greg. According to my partner who printed them, the resolution of them was not high, but enough to get a decent print. I'll send what I have via a dropbox link in a PM. I can send you the 3-D print just so you can have a physical item in front of you.