Model: 1N4005 | Catalog #: 276-1104
Price: $1.49 $1.49
AddtoCart.gif
In Stock Online

(No reviews)

Be the first to

Write a Review

Free Shipping

(Free Ground Shipping on orders over $25Details)

Expected Delivery: 3-5 business days

(Some exceptions apply.Details)

EASY Returns

(Online and In-store returns.Details)
You Might Also Want

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049728

Blnker-Genie.gif

3A Barrel Diodes
Model: 276-1141 | Catalog #: 276-1141
Price: $1.99 $1.99
AddtoCart.gif
In Stock Online

(2 reviews)

• Member Contributer

Where can I get more "blinker genie" info?

Do I not need this http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12611269&filterName=Type&filterValue=Diodes diode?

Hmmm....do the GSXR mirrors come with LED lights, hence the need for any of this stuff?

Or maybe (once I hear how the install/mod went) they also come non-LED, so I won't need to sweat all this hot & sexy diode/resistor talk?

• Member Contributer

The GSXR mirrors are standard with traditional incandescent bulbs. The GSXR mirrors have a two wire system. The VFR has a 3 wire system and controls the running lights separately from the turn indicators.

If you don't want to screw around with a diode (basically and electrical check valve) then you will have to decide whether you want the mirror lights to be signal indicators or running lights. If you wire it as both then the circuit is completed to feed back to the turn indicators on the dash and these will remain brightly and annoyingly lit ALWAYS.

I picked up a few items from radio shack tonight and will give it a go to see what is what...

• Member Contributer

Is the angle an issue? So the mirror will sit lower. But looking at that picture, the 8g are a fair amount lower than the 6th gen. The angle the mounts are at look to be similar. Difference is the 8g bend down, where the 6th gen go straight.

Are those even real pictures of the bikes? Didn't know the 6th gen came with 80/20 tires.

Looks like the angles are all wrong.

The 8G's looks like direct pick-ups from the cbr 1000rr. Which don't fit either. Shame, cause I love the way they look.

Difference is the 8g bend down, where the 6th gen go straight.

Exactly. The threaded pegs for the mirrors for the cbr1000rr/8thGen face to the ground. Our 6th gen mirror threaded pegs face inward towards the bike. Seems like a job for some sort of simple adapter, if only there was one.

Edited by wgregt

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I found a solution... for me anyway...

Surfing on ebay one day I see these:

P1380384_zpsaff3d2c1.jpgP1380385_zps1570c070.jpg

'09 to '10 ZX6R mirror base's $15... the more I stare at them, I think the angle looks right. So I order them.

Mount them to my GSXR1000 mirrors (with orginal bases removed and a little grinding for clearance) and they work:

IMG-20140323-00135_zpsc6338547.jpg

Also had to elongate the mounting holes slightly as Kawasaki is 38 mm hole spacing and Honda was 40. But not much... Suzasaki on left, stock on right:

IMG-20140323-00134_zpsf95b4091.jpg

I finish up installing both, and start working on the wiring. Here's one illuminated:

IMG-20140324-00136_zps86d4a095.jpg

They are as bright as I had hoped, the angle's look good. The light is at the right direction for oncoming traffic, and the mirror visibility is good (kinda like on a set of lobster's mirror extenders).

Next step is to wire them permanently. I don't know if I want to drill the wire hole above or below the base. Then a little touch up paint. I'm also waiting on the order of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390554912577?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

turn signal adapters, so they will burn as running lights and flash.

Edited by WERA910

Next step is to wire them permanently. I don't know if I want to drill the wire hole above or below the base. Then a little touch up paint. I'm also waiting on the order of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390554912577?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

turn signal adapters, so they will burn as running lights and flash.

Damn, that looks like an old package. You could get one of these locally from Autozone for $15 too.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Hopkins-Import-tail-light-converter/_/N-262o?itemIdentifier=143546&_requestid=3086187

Damn, that looks like an old package. You could get one of these locally from Autozone for $15 too.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Hopkins-Import-tail-light-converter/_/N-262o?itemIdentifier=143546&_requestid=3086187

i like the size of the one off ebay better than what I had seen in the store. I'm hoping to have theses tucked under each side right behind the gauge surround.

Edited by WERA910

Can you shoot a foto of what you are talking about with drilling the wiring above or below the base? Is the wire running along the exterior of the arm? Huh? No way....would Suzuki do that?

I figured I'd just drill a small hole in the upper between the two mounting holes, which would be covered by the bases. Then again, I have never seen the GSXR ones up close. Can you fill me in?

Edited by wgregt

Can you shoot a foto of what you are talking about with drilling the wiring above or below the base? Is the wire running along the exterior of the arm? Huh? No way....would Suzuki do that?

I figured I'd just drill a small hole in the upper between the two mounting holes, which would be covered by the bases. Then again, I have never seen the GSXR ones up close. Can you fill me in?

The photo above shows it. The wire does come through the arm, and I will drill a hole (I'm guessing under the mount) and fish the wire around to it. With the stock GSXR, they ran the wire through a hollow bolt at the pivot point, and covered the top with a rubber cap. That doesn't work with the kind of bases that honda and Kawasaki use, or at the angle of our mounting. Using the Kawasaki base allows you to put the GSXR mirror on the VFR, but the wire routing from the mount end of the mirror stalk through the fairing is up to you....