Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

• Member Contributer

last year I managed to get a pair

Of what? The mirror extender blocks or the GSXR mirror adapters?

I have the extender blocks (came with my bike) but I have never used them.

As far as that acrylic block, I've used that stuff in the past. One tip I remember is that when you cut it, it's white, but you can take a propane torch and lightly pass it over the cut part to turn it clear as well.

I have the clear extenders blocks somewhere in my shop. The GSXR adapters had been a loaned to me while I tried to get them copied. I do not have those anymore and unfortunately cannot get my hands on them again.

Hey can take some pic's of the Gixxer adapters and post them here ..

• Member Contributer

Switchblade,

All the photos I had and measurements and quotes from last year when I tried to do this are all gone. My computer had a massive stroke and died. I had them on my work laptop, my ex employer, and after reading the posts and getting all excited I asked if I could get my hands on the laptop. All deleted.

Thus the reason I am going to do the Admore or Anik light trick. Lots of snow here still so I have a few months before I can do anything.

• Member Contributer

My GSXR mirrors arrived today. I did little tear down in the kitchen while Mrs. Carver was making Mexican roll your own style burritos and I think I can do with these what I thought I could.

Pics and a write will have to wait until I get home Saturday...heading out for the next couple of days in the morning.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Switchblade,

All the photos I had and measurements and quotes from last year when I tried to do this are all gone. My computer had a massive stroke and died. I had them on my work laptop, my ex employer, and after reading the posts and getting all excited I asked if I could get my hands on the laptop. All deleted.

Thus the reason I am going to do the Admore or Anik light trick. Lots of snow here still so I have a few months before I can do anything.

10-4 Thanks ... Really no hurry here either ..

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Street-Bike-Mirrors/Bikemaster-O.E.M.-Replacement-Mirrors---2008-2010-Honda-CBR1000RR---Black/180311.html

Found the Honda equivalent of GSXR mirrors. All I need now is the mounting adapter for my 6th gen. I might go to my local fab shop and see if they can make a mount. The issue for both types of mirrors is vertical vs horizontal mounting.

• Member Contributer

The more I think about this, the more I am leaning towards the acrylic extender/signals I saw on here a while back.

As far as that acrylic block, I've used that stuff in the past. One tip I remember is that when you cut it, it's white, but you can take a propane torch and lightly pass it over the cut part to turn it clear as well.

I think I am gonna buy the block of acrylic and cut some out. Will see how it goes if ok I will sale some at cost ..

• Member Contributer

The more I think about this, the more I am leaning towards the acrylic extender/signals I saw on here a while back.

I think I am gonna buy the block of acrylic and cut some out. Will see how it goes if ok I will sale some at cost ..

If you go this route, think about a 2" thick acrylic sheet and after making a single rough of the correct shape, have it cut at an angle 1/2" thick on one end and 1-1/2" thick on the other so that you can drill the mounting holes for the blocks to form a wedge 1/2' thick towards the rider and 1-1/2" thick toward the headlight for the signal light....just a thought that I have had for 6 years since I got my Lobster mounts/extenders.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

If you go this route, think about a 2" thick acrylic sheet and after making a single rough of the correct shape, have it cut at an angle 1/2" thick on one end and 1-1/2" thick on the other so that you can drill the mounting holes for the blocks to form a wedge 1/2' thick towards the rider and 1-1/2" thick toward the headlight for the signal light....just a thought that I have had for 6 years since I got my Lobster mounts/extenders.

You the man CC. More research.

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

You the man CC. More research.

:fing02:

Must be careful tho, there are those who like to take our ideas and turn them over to cooperate giants and make big bucks.

• Like 1

The issue for both types of mirrors is vertical vs horizontal mounting.

Yep. That's what all the fuss is about. Mirrors we got. Adapter we ain't got. I like the CBR1000RR ones as well, better than the GXR ones. My price on the CBR OEM ones locally at my dealer here is $71 each, I think it was. Cycle Gear has these same Bikemaster aftermarket ones you showed for $38 each, I think?

If they can make a v shaped mount I'll ask about group pricing. The acrylic looks ok but the OEM look is what I'm after.

Me too. Not a fan of the acrylic. I prefer actual signal mirrors, not signal mirror bases.

I still say this would be a hell of a lot easier if someone would loan me/someone the actual DB GSXR mounts and let me/us take them and have copies made.

• Member Contributer

About to pull the trigger on a pair of GSXR mirrors. Darth Bling any update on those mounts? Spring is next month PEEPS!!!!!!!! somebody just make the mounts for the love of all that is holy!!!! :beatdeadhorse:

All that is holy ..

:computer-noworky: No more updates?? have we forgotten that the vfrd masses are counting on us? and no I have not gone to my local fabrication shop. It's on the to do list. Heading to cyle gear in Worburn MA tomorrow to get some ideas for this mod and C/B levers.

• Member Contributer

My GSXR mirrors arrived today. I did little tear down in the kitchen while Mrs. Carver was making Mexican roll your own style burritos and I think I can do with these what I thought I could.

Pics and a write will have to wait until I get home Saturday...heading out for the next couple of days in the morning.

I think CC was next ...

If he can give us some kinda of a hint what the adapter would look like.

I think CC was next ...

If he can give us some kinda of a hint what the adapter would look like.

Yes CC!!!!! what did your disection uncover?

After a cursory inspection of a Panigale this weekend... I think it's mirrors are at the right angle at the base for our VFR... They're a little expensive though, so it's hard to justify checking... they're supposedly a 38 mm bolt spacing too, pretty close. I think I'm gonna get one off Ebay and try it...

• Like 1