Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

• Member Contributer

Sooooo....back to square one then, all?

Again, if anyone has a set of the DB-made adapters, and would like to send them to me in SoCal to make diagrams I can shop around and get prices for making these, let me know. Be glad to head it up.

Or, if you happen to live NEAR Mr. Bling hisself, and want to give him my name/contact info directly, I'd be happy to do that too.

Right now, this plan seems to have hit a stop, yeah?

I'm curious, mostly because I've done zero research. But if one were to design new mirror mounts, would GSXR mirrors still be the best option? I assume most of the appeal is the integrated signals, and probably the relative availability of these mirrors. Is that the still the case?

For me, I personally like the CBR1000RR mirrors better. I think the ones I liked and had my dealer price out were the 08-13 model year ones. They were less than $90 each to me.

I like your line of thinking though.....Have a look and see what you think. More Honda-ish, yes?

Now, if your little Rizoma folks made an adapter for THOSE (I can hardly tell what I'm looking at on this link

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=43), I/we'd be in bid-ness!

Edited by wgregt

Lol this thread is funny. My bike is the one that was used by darth to make the mounts for the fifth gen. I run gsxr mirrors and lobsters extenders. its funny I haven't logged in here In probably 2 years. if I can help let me know

most likey I could go knock on his door and potentially get the dimensions I know he put a lot of time Into getting them right. so you may consider them his intellectual property. but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask and I need to go pick up one of my Rear rims anyway.

Hey Silver....did you run by DB's house? Or, care to lend your's to the cause for a few days?

• Member Contributer

Exactly like those except with quality mirrors that actually function and mounts that will fit a 6G...so perhaps he could use the signal lense from that one

• Member Contributer

Just had one of those oh $shit moments can we take the mirror extenders and use them to adapt any style mirror we want to use ..

Like the ones above.

I THINK SO !!!!

• Member Contributer

Not if the mount is at an angle that doesn't work for the base on the fairing.

The mount for the GSXR mirrors mounts closer to horizontal than the near vertical mounts on the 6G.

• Member Contributer

Re drill the base to match the replacement mirrors.. Mite have to machine or grind a angle on the top side match the angle the VFR .

Not if the mount is at an angle that doesn't work for the base on the fairing.

The mount for the GSXR mirrors mounts closer to horizontal than the near vertical mounts on the 6G.

• Member Contributer

That MIGHT be possible but without doing a drawing I think you would end up with wedge about 50-60 degrees...and some difficultly in getting the through bolts to capture both the mirror base and the extender.

• Member Contributer

I bought some acrylic extenders from Lobster about 6 years ago to attempt to make a turn signal base for my 01 VFR and wanted to make it a wedge tapering down towards the rear so I could get rid of my dumbo ears...I did not finish.

• Member Contributer

I bought some acrylic extenders from Lobster about 6 years ago to attempt to make a turn signal base for my 01 VFR and wanted to make it a wedge tapering down towards the rear so I could get rid of my dumbo ears...I did not finish.

Are you volunteering ?

• Member Contributer

Maybe. I just bought a set of Suzuki (real) GSXR mirrors yesterday...shipping from Cali they should be here this month.

• Member Contributer

This guy on bikeoracle. makes mirror extender mite email him see if he is interested

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=30054&highlight=Mirror+extenders&page=

Maybe. I just bought a set of Suzuki (real) GSXR mirrors yesterday...shipping from Cali they should be here this month.

Sweet !!!

• Member Contributer

Personally I don't need/want an extender block. But at least there seems to be some additional traction/interest with this.

Yep. I have a set of the Suzuki mirrors as well.

I pull them out often, hold them up to the VTEC, sigh loudly, think about how to mount them, then put them away again.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Personally I don't need/want an extender block. But at least there seems to be some additional traction/interest with this.

I pull them out often, hold them up to the VTEC, sigh loudly, think about how to mount them, then put them away again.

Maybe not so much a extender as a adapter ..

• Member Contributer

I'll take some pics for you even if it doesn't work to let you know my thoughts.

• Member Contributer

I'll take some pics for you even if it doesn't work to let you know my thoughts.

Gotta help were going no where's right now ..

• Member Contributer

last year I managed to get a pair, and took them to 8 different machine shops here in Edmonton and Calgary. At that time, it was a min order of 80 sets @ $120.00 each or so. I did send the sets to a 6th gen owner in Vancouver, who tried to get something going there, pretty much the same results. I am not sure if Lobster still makes the mirror extenders, if so, you can buy them unpainted so you can install the LED like Anik did ( post #92 ). I bought 3 sets of clear extenders and I also managed to scoop up a set of GSXR 750 signals that all currently sit in a box in shed.

So, the route I am going is this. I have bought the following for my XR650L from Admore lighting. My XR only has the headlight, no signals that stay on like the VFR. But like the VFR, crappy "see me now" or "im turning" feature to oncoming vehicles. So when the snow melts, I will install on the handguards of the XR and the stock mirrors of the VFR.

http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=130

I also use Admore's lighting kit in my GIVI V46/V36 bags. Turn signal, brake, and running light function. You can see my bike a mile away from the back, I am sure this will have the same result for the front.

last year I managed to get a pair

Of what? The mirror extender blocks or the GSXR mirror adapters?

I have the extender blocks (came with my bike) but I have never used them.

As far as that acrylic block, I've used that stuff in the past. One tip I remember is that when you cut it, it's white, but you can take a propane torch and lightly pass it over the cut part to turn it clear as well.

• Member Contributer

As far as that acrylic block, I've used that stuff in the past. One tip I remember is that when you cut it, it's white, but you can take a propane torch and lightly pass it over the cut part to turn it clear as well.

Good tip !!!

• Member Contributer

I have the clear extenders blocks somewhere in my shop. The GSXR adapters had been a loaned to me while I tried to get them copied. I do not have those anymore and unfortunately cannot get my hands on them again.