Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

OK...here's an idea....anyone that currently owns a set of these DB mirror adapters (since it may be winter where you live and you won't be riding for a while), feel like taking them off and letting someone see about getting dimensions and maybe getting us some copies made from scratch?

Though I'm probably not the guy (I'm an agency ad guy, not a machinst or CAD designer) I'd certainly be in for helping any way I could to get these made.

Anyone got a set to lend to the cause? (And yes, you Canadians, I'm looking at you...)

Edited by wgregt

Now were getin some where's ..

I'm tryin'....I WILL beat a dead/dying horse if it gets me somewhere....

C'mon people, I'm told that winter was MADE for stuff like this, right? You know you'll get them back ASAP in great shape. This IS VFRD, after all. You know us!

Edited by wgregt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Lol this thread is funny. My bike is the one that was used by darth to make the mounts for the fifth gen. I run gsxr mirrors and lobsters extenders. its funny I haven't logged in here In probably 2 years. if I can help let me know

most likey I could go knock on his door and potentially get the dimensions I know he put a lot of time Into getting them right. so you may consider them his intellectual property. but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask and I need to go pick up one of my Rear rims anyway.

• Member Contributer

I have the set that Darth was selling and they are not on the bike.

If you can wait until I am back home from traveling, on January 8, I can help.

• Member Contributer

If you don't need them I'd be happy to take them off your hands...

Tomorrow's the 8th. How was your trip?

Don't forget about me/us when you get settled in back home, yeah?

I was looking for something else and came across these:

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=43

I'm on the road, and Can't remember what our bolt spacing is... also I haven't looked closely at the GSXR mirrors I just got in for this conversion... I'll do some measuring this coming weekend and see if they'll work. They're only $17, might be worth a try.

• Member Contributer
If you don't need them I'd be happy to take them off your hands...

Sorry, they're going on the bike at some point; probably when I get sick of looking at the spots on the stock mirrors where the black coating has come off.

Tomorrow's the 8th. How was your trip?

Don't forget about me/us when you get settled in back home, yeah?

Ugh...

I got caught in all that snow and low temps and didn't get back home until Saturday night.

I'll pull out the mirrors later tonight.

• Member Contributer

Gentlemen,
My apologies in the delay on getting back to this.
Life/work has this irritating tendency of intruding...

I've added a gallery for the pictures I took:
http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/gallery/album/7119-mirror-mounts/

I have no precision measuring equipment at hand, but the dimensions are along the following lines:
Length at the base: between 3 1/2 and 3 5/8 inches
Overall height from the base to the highest part of the adapter is 1 1/4".

Other than the spacing and diameter of the mounting holes, I think every other dimension would be up to the designer.

The trickiest part would be drilling through the large Phillips-head mounting bolt to route the wiring.

Yep. WERA19, what's the status on that? You check to see if any of those mirror base designs would work out?

Lol this thread is funny. My bike is the one that was used by darth to make the mounts for the fifth gen. I run gsxr mirrors and lobsters extenders. its funny I haven't logged in here In probably 2 years. if I can help let me know
most likey I could go knock on his door and potentially get the dimensions I know he put a lot of time Into getting them right. so you may consider them his intellectual property. but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask and I need to go pick up one of my Rear rims anyway.

So...you make it over to DB's house yet? The list is WAITING..... (lol)

• Member Contributer

I'm on the road, and Can't remember what our bolt spacing is... also I haven't looked closely at the GSXR mirrors I just got in for this conversion... I'll do some measuring this coming weekend and see if they'll work. They're only $17, might be worth a try.

There not far from me. There at the Dragon almost every weekend, when it's not 10 degree's or snowing .

2011 PJ's Parts

Phone: (865) 233-2883

P.O. Box 5415, Maryville, TN 37802

There not far from me. There at the Dragon almost every weekend, when it's not 10 degree's or snowing . 2011 [/size]PJ's PartsPhone: (865) 233-2883[/size]P.O. Box 5415, Maryville, TN 37802[/size]

Spacing is 40 mm . I'm gonna try a set of these and report back.

• Member Contributer

There not far from me. There at the Dragon almost every weekend, when it's not 10 degree's or snowing . 2011 [/size]PJ's PartsPhone: (865) 233-2883[/size]P.O. Box 5415, Maryville, TN 37802[/size]

I'm also looking at that Fren Tubo brake line kit for 6th gen.

VFR 800

Which ones are you thinking of trying? (which model number? Lots to choose from.)

After looking at these they are not the right angle . At 90 degrees from the vfr mount location the mirrors would betilting too far up

Sooooo....back to square one then, all?

Again, if anyone has a set of the DB-made adapters, and would like to send them to me in SoCal to make diagrams I can shop around and get prices for making these, let me know. Be glad to head it up.

Or, if you happen to live NEAR Mr. Bling hisself, and want to give him my name/contact info directly, I'd be happy to do that too.

Right now, this plan seems to have hit a stop, yeah?