Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

• Member Contributer

They came on the bike when I bought it in 2014,you were the first one I talked to when I joined here - we tried to figure out who made them, with no success. I know how long you have wanted these, reason why I signed up today. ;)

• Member Contributer

Greg, despite the hours I spent on those models, I'm not going to participate in this group buy - sorry. Just a bit too rich for my blood when all is said and done. That said, I hope the models serve you guys well. :cheerleader:

Still in and thanks for continuing with this project.

Gotta' say, you and Rush both have my vote for the unofficial but very appreciated "Technical Tenacity Award" for wresting a project from a slow, stagnating, death.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

I fully understand. Thanks for all of your help. I wish there had been a way to do either of them much cheaper but it doesn't look like it. I'll be in touch for the mirrors, etc .

No problem - was happy to help. I didn't want to see anyone get taken advantage of.

• Member Contributer

I am still in, was gonna donate $50 to the forum BUT that changed. ANd I can PayPal you the money when ever, just PM me the account name.

And thanks for the hard work also.

• Member Contributer

Are you still going ahead with the 5 gen mounts?

I'm in for a set of 5th gen if there is a group buy...

WAITING TO HEAR FROM:
DeltaboxiI

Deltaboxil 2nd set

highsideNZ

digitallyhip

Badelman

OUT:

Mk3dub

IN:

wgregt

marooncobra

ultimateVFR

Lacy/VFR800R

VFRpwr

Polarbear

Switchblade

If there's enough interest, sure. I'm guessing we'd need about the same number of buyers (12) in order to keep the cost similar to the 6th gen ones maybe (just a guess)? So...do you and Rush2112 have 10 friends?

Oh!

Just remembered Deltaboxi emailed me a few days ago and said his top limit was $100, so he's out. Which means...our price *gulp* MIGHT go up? Ugh.

WAITING TO HEAR FROM:

digitallyhip

Badelman

OUT:

Mk3dub

DeltaboxiI

Deltaboxil 2nd set

IN:

wgregt

marooncobra

ultimateVFR

Lacy/VFR800R

VFRpwr

Polarbear

Switchblade

highsideNZ

Edited by wgregt

• Member Contributer

WAITING TO HEAR FROM:

DeltaboxiI

Deltaboxil 2nd set

highsideNZ

digitallyhip

Badelman

OUT:

Mk3dub

IN:

wgregt

marooncobra

ultimateVFR

Lacy/VFR800R

VFRpwr

Polarbear

Switchblade

If there's enough interest, sure. I'm guessing we'd need about the same number of buyers (12) in order to keep the cost similar to the 6th gen ones maybe (just a guess)? So...do you and Rush2112 have 10 friends?

I am sorry, but I'm out. Too many bills and too little time on the bike!

Oh!

Just remembered Deltaboxi emailed me a few days ago and said his top limit was $100, so he's out. Which means...our price *gulp* MIGHT go up? Ugh.

WAITING TO HEAR FROM:

digitallyhip

Badelman

OUT:

Mk3dub

DeltaboxiI

Deltaboxil 2nd set

IN:

wgregt

marooncobra

ultimateVFR

Lacy/VFR800R

VFRpwr

Polarbear

Switchblade

highsideNZ

I might suggest you start a new thread to get people on board.

This one has 62 pages, and though I've looked at it several times, I'm not sure where the description of what you're selling actually is... ie; what is the cost, how many do you need, ect. I'm sure all the info is in this thread, but I'm not willing to re-read 62 pages to find it... or is it in the classifieds already and I'm just not paying attention??

Oh!

WAITING TO HEAR FROM:

digitallyhip

Badelman

OUT:

Mk3dub

DeltaboxiI

Deltaboxil 2nd set

IN:

wgregt

marooncobra

ultimateVFR

Lacy/VFR800R

VFRpwr

Polarbear

Switchblade

highsideNZ

I might suggest you start a new thread to get people on board.

This one has 62 pages, and though I've looked at it several times, I'm not sure where the description of what you're selling actually is... ie; what is the cost, how many do you need, ect. I'm sure all the info is in this thread, but I'm not willing to re-read 62 pages to find it... or is it in the classifieds already and I'm just not paying attention??

Done. New topic posted.

Decision time:

I just got the pricing for 16 pieces. It's $1450 USD. That's $181.25 per person for the 8 of us. This includes CA taxes, I presume, since I asked for them to be included in the price.

Again, keep in mind we'd add the drilled bolts (around $20 USD?) and the shipping to wherever you are. I'm thinking/guessing the shipping to US destinations wouldn't be much at all. Small pieces, small weight, small price.

Of course if anyone drops out, the price goes up for the rest of us, and there is the possibility we'd get the "not interested" back from the folks making them as it gets to a point for them that it's not worth it for a small quantity. It's not worth trying up the machine time and the operator time when they can put that time to better use for bigger orders.

I'd have a piece for approval after 7 days, and delivery of all 16 pieces in (yikes!) 90 days. I'd post fotos/thoughts on the prototype when I got it for those buyers to weigh in.

Again, this is the very last time I'm in charge of this project.

SO...who is still in?

• Member Contributer

I know that you (and myself actually) have invested alot of time into this, but I am going to have to drop out at that price. I was hoping to be able to get two sets for the price that we are getting the single set for. Thanks for all of your effort on this Greg!

Thank you for your effort and time but this has become too rich for my blood. My apologies for declining to be part of this group buy.