Gsxr Mirrors On 6th Gen

Darth Bling

• Member Contributer

Yep, I'd say spread it around.

The more the merrier, and they are VFR owners after all.

+1 ...

I am not worried about the cost but you mite as well inquire if anyone is interested , really it's just right thing to do .

Yep. Done. I've had plans to do that for a bit, just wanted to get it to the point that was nearer the end rather than keep up duplicate long-page posts on 2 forums. Also, I've posted a shorter version here for folks who maybe didn't know that we're nearing the end of it.

Edited by wgregt

1) wgregt

2) Switchblade

3) DeltaboxiI

4) Deltaboxil 2nd set

5) Marooncobra

6) Polarbear

7) highsideNZ

8) Mk3dub

9) digitallyhip

10) Lacy/VFR800R

11 )Badelman

12) VFRpwr

Count me in for a set.

Thanks, wgregt

We got enough to get it going. There's no minimum, but of course the more people makes them much cheaper. I know you guys have been waiting for an update, but I've got one more loose end to track down and get a bid from. Right now I'm at $160 USD per set, which to me is excessive, so I'm in the middle of trying another angle. So sorry for the delay, but every time I do the math I'm astounded how it works out.

Edited by wgregt

I'm on it. I know what these sold for round one when they were produced and sold here, and this round is like 500% more. To me, that is unacceptable.

Do you have a CAD drawing for these? I know I've read through this whole topic over time, but don't remember if you have one or not. If so, I have a couple of local places I could get quotes for you too if you want to compare prices. Georgia might be a bunch cheaper than Cali.

Ok, just went back though the thread and see that you do have CAD drawings, or at least the original ones. Have they been updated with the improvements?

• Member Contributer

If we had a CAD or equivalent drawing could these be printed on a 3D printer with carbon fiber PLA?

• Member Contributer

Would there be an issue with true material you are limited to use in one of them 3D printers? But I hope someone who knows what I am talking about can comment or rectify what I just said. I don't know how those work.

C

• Member Contributer

Hmmm...to me, AL is the way to go. Esp. after seeing the first round of these crack under the other bolt. I'm not sure I'd trust them to anything but AL myself.

Ok... it was just a thought. I saw a decent 3D printer on sale and with materials could make 10 sets for $100/set and have everything paid for... with the heated part platform and CF PLA printer feedstock users reported excellent layer adhesion and structural integrity, figured as long as there wasn't too much shear it may be a suitable material... definitely would require careful, precise torque application or aluminum tube bolt hole supports.

• Member Contributer

If we had a CAD or equivalent drawing could these be printed on a 3D printer with carbon fiber PLA?

It was a while ago, but I did print these out on a 3D printer and even posted about it. I used the CAD file Greg has to print them. mostly as a proof of concept, rather than for actual use. My business partner is the one who knows more about the different 3D printing materials and was the one who printed them. If I remember correctly, PLA was better than ABS, especially if it was going to be exposed to the Sun quite a bit, as it is more UV resistant.

• Member Contributer

It was a while ago, but I did print these out on a 3D printer and even posted about it. I used the CAD file Greg has to print them. mostly as a proof of concept, rather than for actual use. My business partner is the one who knows more about the different 3D printing materials and was the one who printed them. If I remember correctly, PLA was better than ABS, especially if it was going to be exposed to the Sun quite a bit, as it is more UV resistant.

How did the printed versions work? Any issues or call outs?