Yet More Stealth Added

house

Here I go again. My PPower 2CTs got here last week, and my rims showed up last week for the front and this week for the rear. It seems like I have been waitin for ever (those of you that have been around know how bad I wanted a set of black rims... well I finally broke down and just bought them.) This will allow me to have commuting tires and fun tires for the weekends. Add a Pit Bull and I'm ready for just about anything (as soon as I get another set of rotors.) Anyway, check it out. I LOVE the black, but your comments are welcome either way.

Thanks again Joe for hooking me up!!!!

A whole lotta black

nblack.jpg

nblack1.jpg

nblack2.jpg

Soon to be track/GA mountain tires and rims

nblack3.jpg

• Member Contributer

That is a damn sexy black VFR. I may even like it more than a blacked out Asphault.

Have you thought about getting an Interceptor decal that matches you Honda decal in color for the back?

Nice blackness. Sort of a "Disaster Area" feel to it. (google for reference). Maybe paint the rads black? hmmm, black frame, black hub and sprocket, black triple tree, black clutch and brake fluid res.

I am TOTALLY diggin' on the all black! Super fly! :thumbsup:

Now, how about a black frame? wink.gif

Not till I get my second bike. I try to ride every day to work and back (65 miles) and get grumpy when I have to take my car. I ride year round, so till I have anothe bike, the frame and swingarm will have to stay silver smile.gif

• Member Contributer
I am TOTALLY diggin' on the all black! Super fly! :thumbsup:

Now, how about a black frame? wink.gif

One of th reasons I like the gloss black blackout, is that I don't think the frame should be blacked out. It blends in things like the swingarm, radiators, forklegs.

• Member Contributer

will, now we just need to get out one afternoon and work those new powers in properly! I have a loop that we can do!

Not that i need an excuse to ride or anything.... HINT HINT

• Member Contributer
Lookin' good man!! :thumbsup:

I highly recommend painting the radiators too!

Ozarks003.jpg

Just need to paint the frame, swingarm, fork legs, and get a dark smoke windscreen...

Lookin' good man!! :thumbsup:

I highly recommend painting the radiators too!

Ozarks003.jpg

OHHHHH, that never occured to me!!! (but I was totally focused on the rims) Thanks!

• Member Contributer
Just need to paint the frame, swingarm, fork legs, and get a dark smoke windscreen...

This?

med_gallery_2975_687_241483.jpg

• Member Contributer

This?

That's a chop I did way back there. I don't think I'll ever get to paint the frame either. Once you paint the frame then you'll have to paint the valve covers and head that shows too.

That is a damn sexy black VFR. I may even like it more than a blacked out Asphault.

Have you thought about getting an Interceptor decal that matches you Honda decal in color for the back?

Didn;t know you could get them? who has them? and thanks!

• Member Contributer

I think you would have to talk to a custom graphic shop. I've never done anything with it myself, but I'm sure it's possible.

• Member Contributer

Not anywhere near as stealthy, but here's mine.

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

My little spoiler for that extra bit of downforce :thumbsup:

DSC00807.jpg

Close up of the extar turn signals (euro-touch)

DSC00808.jpg

Rolled 39,600 on todays ride of just over 150 miles. I love the new Z6 on the rear. Though I'm missing it's perkiness on the bottom end (replaced the 15 with the OEM 16 front sprocket), I'm digging the new mid range and the even newer top end (replaced the OEM 43 with a 45 rear sprocket). Longer legs, better fuel mileage, and a top end I've never had since I've owned it. It was a good day indeed :salesman:

• Member Contributer

Very nice.

Ohhhh, daytime pics smile.gif

Holy Chicken Strip, Batman!

:goofy: I know you've only barely scrubbed in the tires, but you should have zeroed your gauge before the pic. :salesman: No one would have figured it out. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

try www.xtremedecals.com, they have a very large selection of decals and you can choose which color/colors you want them in.

• Member Contributer

This?

That's a chop I did way back there. I don't think I'll ever get to paint the frame either. Once you paint the frame then you'll have to paint the valve covers and head that shows too.

All you need to do then is paint those two pie plates hanging off the front wheel and the single on the back and you'll be invisible. smile.gif

Edited by vfrjim2002

• Member Contributer

Wirelesswill I love that bike. I never liked black bikes until I saw some of the ones on vfrd, now I love em :thumbsup:

Edited by intercept this

• Member Contributer

What is the scoop on those fugly side reflectors?

US law forces them on yous?

No aftermarket black/smoke ones? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

No aftermarket black/smoke ones? :goofy:

they come standard but i took mine off and haven't had any problems with johnny law

No aftermarket black/smoke ones? :unsure:

Those (and my jacket) are the only way you can see me wink.gif everything else has "stealth" black on it. Seriously, I worry that if i ditch those, it will be too hard to see me.