'04 Vfr Dynotuned Results: 109.3hp / 59.2tq

tinyminds

Thats pretty sweet. Interesting map. I always like to compare various maps. I predict it will use more fuel though, take a look at your cruising rpm ranges at 20-40% throttle. I think thats where a lot of gas is used. Report your mileage back.

Those numbers look great. I'd like to have seen a bone stock base run on the same dyno.

Wish I would have dyno'ed the bike stock also. At the time I had no intentions of modding anywhere near this extent, but you know how that goes. I'll report fuel milage tomorrow, can't ride today, gotta go pick up my g/f's new car 3 hours away <_< . Owe well. That was the agreement when I bought Jeremy's CBR Track bike Friday that +1 bike means +1 car for her :rolleyes: . Owe well what can you do!

• Member Contributer
Thats pretty sweet. Interesting map. I always like to compare various maps. I predict it will use more fuel though, take a look at your cruising rpm ranges at 20-40% throttle. I think thats where a lot of gas is used. Report your mileage back.

Those numbers look great. I'd like to have seen a bone stock base run on the same dyno.

Wish I would have dyno'ed the bike stock also. At the time I had no intentions of modding anywhere near this extent, but you know how that goes. I'll report fuel milage tomorrow, can't ride today, gotta go pick up my g/f's new car 3 hours away <_< . Owe well. That was the agreement when I bought Jeremy's CBR Track bike Friday that +1 bike means +1 car for her :pissed: . Owe well what can you do!

Jason, I did my 02 bone stock: 98.4hps - look in my gallery for the print out. I will have my bike dynoed today or tomorrow: Catless, Loe Vince without baffles and the PCIII (the map loaded at this time is the Remus) I would have used yours or Coyze's but I don't have my PC this weekend, so that'll have to do.

Wish I would have dyno'ed the bike stock also. At the time I had no intentions of modding anywhere near this extent, but you know how that goes. I'll report fuel milage tomorrow, can't ride today, gotta go pick up my g/f's new car 3 hours away <_< . Owe well. That was the agreement when I bought Jeremy's CBR Track bike Friday that +1 bike means +1 car for her +1.gif . Owe well what can you do!

Jason, I did my 02 bone stock: 98.4hps - look in my gallery for the print out. I will have my bike dynoed today or tomorrow: Catless, Loe Vince without baffles and the PCIII (the map loaded at this time is the Remus) I would have used yours or Coyze's but I don't have my PC this weekend, so that'll have to do.

Awesome, be sure to post up results.

• Member Contributer

Well, most definitely not as impressive as yours: 102hp 55lbs of torque.

I know my PCIII is too rich because the power went down as the bike warmed up. (100.9hp on run 4).

Anyhow, the guy is quite nice, and lives near my home, so I'll go see him later next month. But I don't expect to be near your numbers.

SG

***Edit***

I should have mentioned that the gas I used was at least a month old. The R6 that was there before me went from 101hp last year, to 111 this year. The only real change was racing fuel. So, maybe wit a fresh tank of gas that will help.

• Member Contributer

I had the joy of riding Jason's VFR over the weekend and what can I say.... it feels like a beast. All throughout the RPM's it just wants to be mean but also predictable and most of all.... IT'S SMOOTH AS CAN BE. Seriously, what VTEC surge? What touchy throttle during low RPM in 1st gear? It's like butter....

In my opinion... this is how Honda should of released the VFR from the factory.

Now back to me being jealous....

Well, most definitely not as impressive as yours: 102hp 55lbs of torque.

I know my PCIII is too rich because the power went down as the bike warmed up. (100.9hp on run 4).

Anyhow, the guy is quite nice, and lives near my home, so I'll go see him later next month. But I don't expect to be near your numbers.

SG

***Edit***

I should have mentioned that the gas I used was at least a month old. The R6 that was there before me went from 101hp last year, to 111 this year. The only real change was racing fuel. So, maybe wit a fresh tank of gas that will help.

I know every dyno is different. Did they follow SAE or STD standards for results or do you know? Mine was SAE guidelines. Did they tune your bike or you throw my map on it? My map was setup for Florida atmosphere, not sure what yours did. I just feeled up with BP gas, which seems to run better than any other gas I put in my bike. I kept 87 octane in it for tuning because thats what I use all the time. I'm sure I could have got a .1-.2 difference every so often if I would have ran premium, but then he bike would be turned for a later combustion time --> to lean when using regular. What other mods do you have on your bike?

Guest black06vfr

quote]

I know every dyno is different. Did they follow SAE or STD standards for results or do you know? Mine was SAE guidelines. Did they tune your bike or you throw my map on it? My map was setup for Florida atmosphere, not sure what yours did. I just feeled up with BP gas, which seems to run better than any other gas I put in my bike. I kept 87 octane in it for tuning because thats what I use all the time. I'm sure I could have got a .1-.2 difference every so often if I would have ran premium, but then he bike would be turned for a later combustion time --> to lean when using regular. What other mods do you have on your bike?

I meant to pose this question earlier, do you think that it would be better to go with a gutted cat, as I could get that done for about $100.00 or the 98-99 headers. I know that the exhaust near the heads are larger on the 98-99 headers than on my 06, does it make that big of a difference? Oh, by the way service honda had the 98-99 headers for $392.00 plus shipping. Didn't some one say that two brothers had a custom titanium exhaust? I bet that is expensive.

Oh, by the way service honda had the 98-99 headers for $392.00 plus shipping. Didn't some one say that two brothers had a custom titanium exhaust? I bet that is expensive.

That is only for one piece, you need two more plus, all the clamps and bolts(all different sizes) I think it comes out to $500 plus pretty easy. :idea3:

TwoBros stopped making VFR headers many years ago. sad.gif

Oh, by the way service honda had the 98-99 headers for $392.00 plus shipping. Didn't some one say that two brothers had a custom titanium exhaust? I bet that is expensive.

That is only for one piece, you need two more plus, all the clamps and bolts(all different sizes) I think it comes out to $500 plus pretty easy. :idea3:

TwoBros stopped making VFR headers many years ago. sad.gif

Do the 4th gens even have cats on its headers?

just bought 99 headers for my 03. thanks for posting this info and the map. :thumbsup: i was already in love with my bike having just added the pc3 w/ cozy's map.

can't wait now to add the headers and try yours out!!

:goofy:

• 1 month later...
Guest lammarwell

Hey guys! I manage to track down some used 99 catless headers locally. I installed them last week. I also gutted the exhaust, added a K&N filter and did the o2 mod. I am waiting for my PC3 to arrive in the mail from Hardracing.com ( $259 with a battery powered power adaptor for free!- this is the best deal i could find) I would love to use this map but am having problems reading it on the computer. I keep getting pop up messages saying;

"adobe reader could not open file because it is either not a supported file type or the file has been damaged. for example it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded"

Can anyone help me figure out how to use this program/read this file? Just a warning i am completely useless with computers!

PS. the 99 header and gutted exhaust sound real mean!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys! I manage to track down some used 99 catless headers locally. I installed them last week. I also gutted the exhaust, added a K&N filter and did the o2 mod. I am waiting for my PC3 to arrive in the mail from Hardracing.com ( $259 with a battery powered power adaptor for free!- this is the best deal i could find) I would love to use this map but am having problems reading it on the computer. I keep getting pop up messages saying;

"adobe reader could not open file because it is either not a supported file type or the file has been damaged. for example it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded"

Can anyone help me figure out how to use this program/read this file? Just a warning i am completely useless with computers!

PS. the 99 header and gutted exhaust sound real mean!!

Not sure if you got your problem fixed or not but sounds like you just don't have the Power Commander software installed on your computer. There is a change the file itself got damaged in the server transfer or one of the server crashes. Theres a working version of the map in the 'Downloads ' section of the forum. Keep us updated. Hope your enjoying your headers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Greetings to you. If anybody wants, I could upload my map. My bike is just at dyno center. They made a costum map for me,

Max power 119.11PS

Max torque 83,91Nm

I will take the bike after the summer for another tune up, because of the smoothing of the whole curve, specially for vtec transition.

I haven't went for the bike yet, due to weather conditions, so I haven't tested it on the road. I will tell my results, when I do.

I just want to know, what are the measurments of an original VFR800 VTEC, without modifications.

My VFR800VTEC 2002

modifications:

-removed cat

-removed O2 sensors

-Leovince slip ons

-K&N filter

-Modified airbox(removed snorkl, flapper and modified to a big intake hole).

Mitja

Slovenija

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Here it's my Dyno test

VFR VTEC 2002

Hello this is my VFR Dyno test with the following tune mods:

Data 5064 - Pair and flaper mod, Pipercross air filter, snorkel removal, Power Comander III with a map from dynojet site, Scorpion slip on exhaust.

Data 5086 - all modifications above plus kat off and injection tuning in Dyno.

I dont have the stock dyno, but it had around 100-101 HP.

Does anyone know If I chose to change the PC III by a Rapid bike 3 would get better gains ?

Thanks in advance and sorry my bad english.

post-27800-0-84697900-1428773147.jpg

• 9 months later...

Mitja,
Thank you for your contribution.
I have a 2002 too, same configuration as yours. :biggrin:

I would be very interested into your map, could you upload it for me ?
My continuously modded Cozye's is not as efficient as before the mods.....

Greetings from Mont Blanc !

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is interested a company called Black Widow Exhausts in the UK do stainless steel catless headers for the VTEC. Also they are welded like the originals not held together with springs like some other aftermarket headers. They are £195 inc postage to UK and come with al the gaskets and clamps for rear pipes. They are also planning to do a range of silencers for the VTEC as well. They should hopefully be available within the next couple of months.

I have just fitted a set of headers to my 02 and am planning on having my PC3 custom mapped when I have decided if I am going to fit a set of their cans as well.

• Member Contributer

Just in case anyone is interested a company called Black Widow Exhausts in the UK do stainless steel catless headers for the VTEC. Also they are welded like the originals not held together with springs like some other aftermarket headers. They are £195 inc postage to UK and come with al the gaskets and clamps for rear pipes. They are also planning to do a range of silencers for the VTEC as well. They should hopefully be available within the next couple of months.

I have just fitted a set of headers to my 02 and am planning on having my PC3 custom mapped when I have decided if I am going to fit a set of their cans as well.

Do you have any pics of the pipes? Specifically the internal welds.

Do they look like gorilla welds (strong but ugly) that block a portion of the gas flow or does it look like quality kit?

BTW, the exhausts that are held together with springs instead of welded typically make for better fitment.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

An old thread, but just wondering as I have a 2011 model - post 2006 where they changed the vtec kick in, would the ops map work with mine? I have the same mods

fueling would be different. download the dynojet software and do a map compare to see difference.   your bike has different injectors also.  go to download section there are some good maps for pcv you can copy and paste to pc3 minus the 15%