It Is Now Time For Some Serious Modifications...

toro1

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the compliments everybody.

I know the 6th-gen guys are wondering when their kit will arrive -- it's coming. I need to get the 5th-gen kits up and going first, and then the 6th-gen will come in and we'll adapt a kit to it. The bikes are very similar so it shouldn't take too long to make the necessary changes. If you are a 6th-gen owner in the PA area and would like to be a guinea pig, let me know.

Whatever became of the intercooler idea? Not enough room on the bike? Plumbing nightmare?

Rob, the intercooler idea is still alive (the kit was indeed designed for it), but yes, there is not much room and it is a plumbing nightmare. The biggest drawback is the expense; that is, how many people would be willing to spend an extra $1k-$1.5k for a 10-15hp increase when the kit already puts out 160whp? If that answer is quite a few people, then I'll put it into production. It really does run quite nicely though on regular pump gas, and if extended boost situations arise (racing, long dyno sessions), then some octane boost or a little racing gas will prevent any detonation/pre-ignition from occurring.

• Member Contributer

Good job on producing a quality kit... I'm promoting your Liter Eater mod in Speedzilla... STN and Sac Crotch

Rockets... but you never mentioned how much it all weights???

OTAY!!!

Fantastic!!

Wunderbar!!!

Congratulations on the product launch TORO!!

So whose first to dive into torocharger land!!!!

Hmmmm... or fearless leader Miguel has a 5th gen......hmmmm....

Beck

95 VFR - ToroChargerless.......for now???

Nice work Dan!!!

Would you please start a New Thread for your Kits and just link this one for anyone who wants history. This one is huge and time consuming to find the nitty gritty.

Thanks

BR

• Member Contributer

Whoa, that is cool! Nice work from start to finish, pre-planning to fit and finish to the YouTube vid. I think a few guys will purchase!

160hp??!! Wow!

• Member Contributer

Wow! When the 6th gen kit comes out, I'm on board for sure! As fast as my money is loosing value, I may as well spend it while it's still worth something!

• Member Contributer

Before the "new" thread begins I have a question: Is the boost on the pulley fixed? Or is it possible to bring it down a bit?

Basically I am thinking 50-60 hp would be too much for what I need. Yes, I want one but I don't do wheelies or race squids. I just want my bike to accelerate like my R6 used to as it always made me smile. For her weight I think 20-30 hp would be more than enough. Just curious mind you. I know that would probably mean a new pulley or even a smaller SC but since you haven't started on the 6th gens yet I figured I would ask. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Speaking on behalf of Mr M. Max... he would like to know if there is a red switch you can activate and deactivate the supercharger? :fing02:

:goofy:

Nice work Toro :laugh:

He came, he saw, he conquered.

{claps}

Even better than expected (and I think we can all agree, Toro set the bar pretty high from day one - but he has wildly exceeded any expectations).

Looking forward to seeing a few of these beasts roll out over the next few months :fing02:

(and FWIW, I'd be happy to see a portion of my VFRD donation go towards a "Blow Slammers 5th Gen" fund smile.gif , he sure does a lot for us with this site)

All right, That looks great.

Now I just have to sell a bunch of stuff, each cans of tuna for a few months and decide which kidney I really don't need.

Seriously, I'm there Dan and you know it. I was hooked just from the day I was out chasing after you.

I just have to pull the $ together.

• Member Contributer

So i guess i need to sell my 6th gen and find me a mint 5th gen.

Toro how much installed? :biggrin:

BTW nice vid,loved the dyno pass and the WOT camera pass.Gave me the goose bumps.That thing sounds MEAN. :mad:

Edited by VFR02abs

• Member Contributer
How about a VFRD Torocharger raffle for the first kit. :fing02:

I think HS should win a kit... after all... it's his site that host the effort...

How about a VFRD Torocharger raffle for the first kit. :fing02:

I think HS should win a kit... after all... it's his site that host the effort...

+1.gif

I couldn't help but to burst out into maniacal laughter when I saw that dyno chart. Damn. I want one so badly, but there's no way I could scrape up that kind of money any time soon. Someday I will have one though. Just as soon as I can justify spending as much on a mod as I did the bike itself. Well, more actually... wink.gif

• Member Contributer

Gooooo Torrrooooooo!!!! My best wishes, I hope you can sell as many as you can make! I have a 6th gen. and I am seriously thinking about getting your kit when it becomes available. I just need to convince my (usually very reasonable) wife though :fing02: .

• Member Contributer

Seeing as how this thread has now run the complete gamut from prototype design to production kit, I have decided to close it.

Fear not, for the latest news & discussion, please check out the following thread:

5th-Gen '98-'01 Supercharger Kit

As more information becomes available for the 6th-gen kit, I will update this post.

--Dan

A&A Performance

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

Or check the for sale section.....

I did inquire about putting the 6th gen kit on a 5G, was looking at that one for sale too. The basics of Dan's reply were:

The only parts in common between the two are the Rotrex itself, the airbox, the idler pulley, and the crank connector/timing pulley. It's not impossible, but from following the threads you should have a pretty good idea at the level of work needed to complete such a conversion.

Meaning it's beyond my capabilities or level of interest. I'd be better off buying the kit and a 6th gen to mount it on.

• 2 months later...