It Is Now Time For Some Serious Modifications...

toro1

• 6 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 10/14/2013 at 8:10 PM, AB-Oz said:

there was, but now its in RoYs hot little hands :)

And now in mine...

Zombie thread needed the dust blown off - still an enjoyable read so many years later!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Its one of the regrets of my life, not buying the Toro Charger ☹️🤷‍♀️

Ditto

On 5/17/2023 at 6:28 AM, Mohawk said:

If you were presented with the same opportunity again, would you continue to carry that regret?

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

If you were presented with the same opportunity again, would you continue to carry that regret?

I read this and immediately checked my bank balance....

• Member Contributer
On 5/17/2023 at 11:28 AM, Mohawk said:

Since I've got one A&A supercharger kit and two 5th gens, I have often thought about making my own.  It wouldn't be rocket science to reverse-engineer what A&A did and assemble a new kit of parts doing pretty much the same thing, but neither would it be "cheap".  Ethically, once he abandoned the market, he can't really blame people for thinking about resorting to "self-help". 

Unfortunately, I didn't measure anything before I installed mine, so I'd have to remove it from the bike to do that.  If only someone with mad engineering and fabrication skills had had such a kit in his hands for an extended period of time before installing it... :tongue:

Ciao,

JZH

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JZH said:

Since I've got one A&A supercharger kit and two 5th gens, I have often thought about making my own.  It wouldn't be rocket science to reverse-engineer what A&A did and assemble a new kit of parts doing pretty much the same thing, but neither would it be "cheap".  Ethically, once he abandoned the market, he can't really blame people for thinking about resorting to "self-help". 

Unfortunately, I didn't measure anything before I installed mine, so I'd have to remove it from the bike to do that.  If only someone with mad engineering and fabrication skills had had such a kit in his hands for an extended period of time before installing it... :tongue:

Ciao,

JZH

The thought crossed my mind.

A new 5th gen kit would have the same issues I worked through on mine re: oil reservoir location and re-plumbing the Rotrex oil supply with an oil cooler. 

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
On 5/18/2023 at 4:32 PM, SEBSPEED said:

No I could afford it now 👍😁

• Member Contributer

I was going to refer you the my build thread "Beware the Yellow Peril", but it's so old it seems to have vanished... Yes, I still have it, but it is on my yellow bike in California, but I'm seriously thinking of moving it to Europe soon.  

If so, I will definitely be discussing some oiling system modifications with Seb!

Ciao,

JZH

[Found the thread, thanks to Google!  

]

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

It should stay in California, too much $ to ship over.

Happy to help, can drive down and pick up, got cash. :cool:

• Haha 1