It Is Now Time For Some Serious Modifications...

toro1

• Member Contributer
so from the lack of action in this once frenzied thread is one to assume the torocharger is no more?

OR if i pay $5 will i get a happy ending (which is all 5th gen dudes have installed theirs and the 6th gen kit is JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!)???

+1 What happened? Has anyone who PM'ed indicating a serious interest heard anything?

Well, we did see the "prototype" up and running, plus we also saw some later development mock-ups and improvements from Toro. but it has been very quiet since late last year. At least Toro's gone as far as he did on it. Some VFR projects don't even get started at all....like my goofy idea of adding a tail mounted, rear facing, video camera on the tail of my bike with a small video screen at the instrument panel to supplement my rear view mirrors.......After spending so much money on different dash mounting hardware and partial wiring harnesses, the video cameras and screens are still languishing in project parts boxes in my bedroom.... sad.gif

Hope Toro gives us an update soon!

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Part-timer! I've got more abandoned projects than I can count. But, yeah, I hope the kit materializes...cash waiting!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Guys and gals, as I've said all along, when the time is right and everything is ready, I promise something special.

That time is a few days away.

:biggrin:

--Dan

Guest okiengr
Sweet, just in time for tax return season! :laugh:

I'm thinking that was on purpose! :biggrin: Now we're all gonna be in trouble with the extra cash in our hands and a supercharger within our reach....... :laugh:

• Member Contributer
Guys and gals, as I've said all along, when the time is right and everything is ready, I promise something special.

That time is a few days away.

:biggrin:

--Dan

Hey, I am just glad you are still checking in from time to time. You know how VFR animals can be if they don't get fed tid bits regularly. :laugh:

Guest onedowneaster

Hi Toro,We spoke about this some time ago, I am sure lots of people can say that, however I just live a few towns over from you in Valley Forge. Just giving the presentation a quick overview,I

thought it was very well done via photos and text. Alot of us can look at something in our dreams and imagine it and thats where it starts and stops. You took this from its inception and

stayed with it until completion. Its very easy to get board with any project, no matter how interesting,so again credit is due for not loosing site. You have made all interested VFR'ers

proud. One question that I would like to ask,what effect do you think your system will have on long term reliability? I know you will have to answer this hypothetically, but just wondered

what your thoughts were. eddie

• Member Contributer

Granted Toro is definitely the expert here on this application I can say from observations in other Forced Induction cases it all boils down to the driver. If you take care of the bike maintenance wise, make sure it is fully warmed up before getting into the boost and don't abuse it all the time you probably won't notice any long term effects on the engine. I know several SC/turbo applications that are daily drivers. Heck, you can even find manufacturers selling cars with turbos. While they usually don't last as long as the NA versions it is usually because the driver was abusive or negligent when it came to maintenance.

In the end there is added stress to the system due to compression and heat. All things being equal there will be added wear and tear due to this. Toro has made sure the super charger for the VFR is made of quality parts and design (with extensive field testing I am sure wink.gif) and having an experienced mechanic installation will greatly increase over all performance and longevity.

The largest factor by far for longevity is as I have pointed out: the driver.

I'd agree with that Vanion, and will add - if you had to choose one motor on the entire planet (regardless of genre, vehicle, budget) to supercharge based on predicted long-term reliability, it would be the VFR powerplant.

• Member Contributer

Well, after nearly two years, a ton of work, and lots of discussion, this thread has officially come to completion -- but the end is just the beginning.

Introducing the A&A Performance Supercharger Kit for 5th-gen VFR800s.

K I T

L A Y O U T

gallery_11118_4463_118201.jpg

It is now possible to bolt-on 50-60% more power to your bike while keeping a stock appearance, without changing any major internals, and with the ability to perform the installation yourself. The rideabilty you currently enjoy is unchanged, and the power output will allow you to keep pace with brand new liter-bikes, should you feel so inclined. This is the real deal.

B E L T

D R I V E

gallery_11118_4463_254701.jpg

A I R B O X

gallery_11118_4463_439439.jpg

D Y N O

C H A R T

gallery_11118_4463_9136.gif

D Y N O

C O M P A R I S O N

gallery_11118_4463_16883.gif

I N T R O

V I D E O

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

For more pictures, high-quality videos, information, and answers to your questions, please visit http://www.aaperf.com

You guys have been along for the ride with me from the beginning, watching as I mocked up parts in my garage. With A&A Performance now being fully legit, it has all come full circle. There are no disappointments with this kit, and the increase in performance will blow your mind. Also, keep in mind that a 6th-gen kit is just over the horizon.

Let's keep those good times rolling...

--Dan

B E A U tiful

Dang I am in love...and I am not usually a Supercharged person. What a nice kit, very well done! Now to talk the wife into a 5th gen with a supercharger....

• Member Contributer

<Insert drooly emoticon here> I am still watching this for the 6th gen. FWIW...this kit looks fregin' awesome. Very much improved over the original kit all the way around. Damn fine job Toro! I would be tempted to ride around with the farings off. :fing02:

Edit: How you are going to find room for all of this with the ABS models is going to be an engineering feat by itself. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Unbelievable. Congratulations!!! I hope it works out financially for you, especially in these difficult times.

From the website:

Kit price is $5495 + shipping.

Toro Charger kit info and price

• Member Contributer
From the website:

Kit price is $5495 + shipping.

Toro Charger kit info and price

Worth every penny compared to other FI applications from what I have seen. Looks like a straight forward install and the only part you would need a 3rd party for is the dyno tuning (always a must if you take FI seriously). Not to mention the sleeper effect. You only have to embarrass the squids when you feel like it. wink.gif

• Member Contributer

GORGEOUS! Way to go Toro!! :goofy:

Nice website too. May I suggest either having the install manual available for download or a more in depth section on the site to give potential buyers a better understanding of how much work is involved; something like this thread maybe. I think most folks would be more comfortable and confident in purchasing if they had that info easily at hand.

160hp bwah-hah-hah-hah!!!!

• Member Contributer
<Insert drooly emoticon here> I am still watching this for the 6th gen. FWIW...this kit looks fregin' awesome. Very much improved over the original kit all the way around. Damn fine job Toro! I would be tempted to ride around with the farings off. :fing02:

Edit: How you are going to find room for all of this with the ABS models is going to be an engineering feat by itself. :goofy:

Maybe Toro1 can market this to Honda for the new 7th gen since they haven't done anything yet. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Toro, can't I just buy your bike? Tangelo Pearl and supercharged... Wow! Your website and Quicktime vid are well done. Not a bunch of unnecessary Flash crap and clean, pro video production (just next time ditch the New Balance and wear some nice Sidi boots on the Dyno).

Okay, I expect some of you guys to step up and buy this sucker. So many of you have said that the 5th gen is the perfect bike but it just needs more power. Many others have said, "Where's the 7th gen with 1000cc's?" Well this will eat up any 7th gen that Honda will (probably not) produce. Can't find a nice 5th gen? I'll sell you my perfect stock '01 for $6K ; )

Really, live the dream, step up and buy this.

Why do I care? Well, I think that Toro should be rewarded for doing something great and doing it well. Also, I would love to see VFRs get even more cred!

THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I need me one of those for sure. But how is going to be at higher elevations? Maybe you should come to the Denver/Dillion meet in Aug to show us and test it's performance at the higher elevations.

• Member Contributer
THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I need me one of those for sure. But how is going to be at higher elevations? Maybe you should come to the Denver/Dillion meet in Aug to show us and test it's performance at the higher elevations.

Didn't you know? The beautiful thing this FI is that it does not suffer altitude losses like NA applications. Sure, you may lose a few hp but not enough for the butt dyno to notice. :goofy:

Seriously, I don't want a new VFR (unless they shave off some serious weight and still keep sport + tourability) . I want my Torocharged 6th Gen. :cool:

Edit: I have no affiliation with Toro or his company. I am just very excited about seeing this fine piece of work mounted to my VFR. :ohmy:

• Like 1

Didn't you know? The beautiful thing this FI is that it does not suffer altitude losses like NA applications. Sure, you may lose a few hp but not enough for the butt dyno to notice. :cool:

Seriously, I don't want a new VFR (unless they shave off some serious weight and still keep sport + tourability) . I want my Torocharged 6th Gen. :ohmy:

Edit: I have no affiliation with Toro or his company. I am just very excited about seeing this fine piece of work mounted to my VFR. :ohmy:

Thats what I thought but wanted to make sure. I still think he should come out for the Dillion meet in Colorado in aug and show it off. :goofy:

Absolutely lovely. If I had the money right now, BAM! Cheaper than a new bike for sure.

Unf, I just bought $11,000 + of my company's stock today inside my RRSP. Not nearly as fun as a supercharger though.

It's at a 52 week low, $6.32 per share, so I think that's a good buy, and it helps me offset my capital gains for 2008 as today is the last day for RRSP contributions to apply against 2008 earnings.

Whatever became of the intercooler idea? Not enough room on the bike? Plumbing nightmare?