It Is Now Time For Some Serious Modifications...

toro1

Guest black06vfr
What's that saying again, "good things come to those who wait?"

Good things come to those who wait . . . . . but only what's left behind by those who hustle!

Believe me, we are all abaited breath for what you have in store for us. Your attention to detail and perfectionist ways will serve to a great, reliable product.

Now finish and share your toys :fing02:

Figured I would stop by and give this thread a :bump: It hasn't seen any action in the last twelve days. I am slowing putting the money away for one of these kits for the sixth gen when it comes out that is. I don't think that there should be that many adjustments for VTEC as there are many boosted Honda civics out there with VTEC.

VTEC on Civics is completely different than on the bikes. The way the VTEC kicks in on a 6th gen radically changes breathing. Therefore any SC kit will have to be tuned accordingly. Dyno tuning 100% required.

I have no doubt your right, but the VTEC on the bike isn't all that different from the cars. It's actually a simplier system, but you should look at this video. If you have ridden a sixth gen it may sound familiar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
What's that saying again, "good things come to those who wait?"

Let's just say that when the time is right, a whole slew of information will become available. In the meantime, though, I can tell you that the bike is running better than ever...

...way better than ever +1.gif

I don't have a dog in this fight (4gen); however, the "V" word is beginning to form on the tip of my tongue but...... I haven't said it! :goofy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

Specifically, the last two sentences in the first paragraph: "However, most vaporware would not be considered a hoax since the makers have a genuine intention to create their product, even if it ultimately never materializes. Products with unspecified release dates or long development times that outwardly demonstrate regular, verifiable progress in production are not normally labeled vaporware."

:dry:

• Member Contributer
I don't have a dog in this fight (4gen); however, the "V" word is beginning to form on the tip of my tongue but...... I haven't said it! +1.gif

Knowing what little I know about the US patent office, just that alone could take some serious time. Although, I know hearing that would probably rest the worried minds.

I'm very patient in my interest, since I have 147 other projects moneypits to tackle before I think about hoping for a ToroCharger for my 6th gen.

• Member Contributer
Vaporware

Hardly my friend. I just don't think it's fair to you guys to string along bits of information or product shots until I have truly concrete pricing or production details.

However, since this thread has been updated, now might be a good time to judge current interest, so...

If you have a 5th-gen VFR and would be legitimately interested in purchasing a supercharger kit, please send me a PM indicating your intent.

--Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
what are you looking at for the cost of the kit and what would it cost to ship to the UK?

I'm working on the final pricing now. With close to 100 different components in the kit, it's no easy task.

• Member Contributer
I'm curious to know, after all the heckling, how many people PM'ed you to confirm a purchase?

Enough to do a production run... :biggrin:

Hey, that's great news! :fing02:

:lurk:

• Member Contributer
How long aprox 'till we see a 6th Gen ToroCharger?. If you don't mind me asking?. I'll have about $6000 at the end of January

Hmm, I don't even want to hazard a guess on that one. If the 2 bikes are as similar as I think they are, not long. I'll just need to borrow someone's 6th-gen for a while.

Let's see how the 5th-gen kit works out first.

• Member Contributer
How long aprox 'till we see a 6th Gen ToroCharger?. If you don't mind me asking?. I'll have about $6000 at the end of January

Hmm, I don't even want to hazard a guess on that one. If the 2 bikes are as similar as I think they are, not long. I'll just need to borrow someone's 6th-gen for a while.

Toro,

Let me use my 3,000th post to wish to success with your 1st production run! :unsure:

Dutchy

Guest VifferDude

Toro,

Let me use my 3,000th post to wish to success with your 1st production run! :unsure:

Dutchy

Awwwww..........That's sweet Dutchy :laugh:

• Member Contributer
...I'll just need to borrow someone's 6th-gen for a while.

I've got a prime 6th-gen candidate sitting in my garage...and winter's coming. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

I know I won´t be buying this kit, only because I don´t think I could ever justify the cost to myself or my family.

Having said that I cant wait till the reports start coming back from people who have bought it.

Also I dont think anyone buying one will in the long term lose out. Why? Think about it, how much publicity has this had and with such a small possible customer base it had to have as much as possible. Now there are people , who like me, would like this option but cant accept the cost for whatever reason, private jet already costs too much in fuel haha.

We will forever be looking on E-thing for one of these things to come up at a halfway reasonable price so we too can have the privelige of 140hp and vitually no front tire wear +1.gif

To the lucky few, or many, who have placed an order, I envy ( I mean of course hate) you. Dont forget to show fitting How -To´s, ride reports etc. DONT BE LAZY!!! We need to know!

To Toro1 hope it goes well, glad you got enough people together to get this off the ground, maybe next bonus time.

Luck to all.

Bren :laugh: :laugh:

• Member Contributer

When I let your dad ride mine, I was trying to convince him to get the RWB he said he'd been thinking about. Maybe you ought to prod him a little more!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest bootrossbootross

so from the lack of action in this once frenzied thread is one to assume the torocharger is no more?

OR if i pay $5 will i get a happy ending (which is all 5th gen dudes have installed theirs and the 6th gen kit is JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!)???