Erratic Coolant Temp And Fuel Level Readouts.

Guest jcarruth

Guest jcarruth

I just had the wiring harnesses replaced by Honda through a local dealer. Now the temp gauge reads eratticly and the fuel gauge does also. Also, when the temp gauge gets above 220, the fans do not come on! Anybody know what is going on?

• Member Contributer

Are you experiencing your fluctuating readings at idle or what? If it is at idle, you are probably fine. At idle your bike doesn't provide the electrical system with "full power". If you rev the throttle and hold it at say 2500 rpm for arguements sake, your readings will stabilize and you'll see what I mean. The guages will read inaccurately if they don't have their required voltage to function properly.

If this is not the case, it is possible that your thermosensor is faulty. This is the sensor that trips the relay activating the fan(s) when the coolant temp reaches the appropriate mark. Take it back and ask them to check (then replace as needed) the thermosensor.

If evrything worked properly before the wire harness change, I'd say that was the culprit. Take it back to the dealer that installed it and insist they make it right. Looks like something was not installed/hooked up right.

If evrything worked properly before the wire harness change, I'd say that was the culprit. Take it back to the dealer that installed it and insist they make it right. Looks like something was not installed/hooked up right.

:beer:

They messed up a ground of something, take it back!

Another happy Dealer customer! :P

Archived