4th Gen. Vfr/cbr F4i Body Conversion

• Member Contributer
The last post was from me.. I was commenting on sesand's bike. I love the way it looks. I also had a question. I am wanting to do a very similar mod. I was curious if i could use the tail section from an F-4 that has the 2 person seating..The one where the passenger not on the same seat..Wondering if that would be a possibility at all.

Yes, just time and money. I have neither, so WYSIWYG <_<

• 3 weeks later...

I think I fixed all my missing pictures....sorry about that for those who were looking for them.

Nick still has the bike, but we will likely respray it white again and this time put gloss on top instead of the flat topcoat. For those considering this, it sucks big time.....every fingerprint shoes up and looks dirty all the time.....live and learn.

another pic before the white paint went on

P1010696.jpg

we also put the stock 4th Gen tank back on as he liked it better.

So what are you riding at TexasMac '08, Marty? Will we see the custom VFR?

BTW, I'm really looking forward to seeing ya there. I won't make ROTR this year due to coaching my younger son's baseball team. (Season starts 5/5/08 - just after T-Mac.)

Guest Salty42

So how many VFRd members do we have in ''The Heights'' now?? Nice to see some folks represent. They raise the speed limit there yet or what, its like 25 or 30 MPH everywhere there.

• 1 month later...
Guest stuckinNC

Hey Hobie, maybe we can meet up some time and I can check out your VFR in person. I live up the road in Troutman.

I just picked up a third gen that was crashed and would like to steel, I mean colaborate on some ideas.

Hey Hobie, maybe we can meet up some time and I can check out your VFR in person. I live up the road in Troutman.

I just picked up a third gen that was crashed and would like to steel, I mean colaborate on some ideas.

cool, I just sent you a PM with my cell number.

• 1 month later...
Guest DarkKnight

Excellent job! I think (like anybody cares, lol) that the lower would look better with a flatter gp style bottom rather than the rounded F4. However, its not mine and you did a fabulous job without my help anyway!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Electrodynamic

The bike is almost finished. I know it's been a LONG time since there has been any update on this bike, but it's making bounds of progress now. I'll post pictures of it tonight after I get done running errands.

• Member Contributer

Here's the Hobie/Nick Project Bike at the Kentucky Revival Ride last weekend.....

kypics024.jpg

...and draining the bad gas out of it.......

kypics022.jpg

Ran great with the new gas................. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

If ya'll are like me; I just love it when a project comes together. Here's to all your hard work! :fing02:

Edited by leanit

• Member Contributer

I can attest to the awesomeness of this bike after seeing it in person this weekend. It sounds and looks incredible. I gotta get me one of them....

Marty and Nick did a great job.

I give this bike two thumbs up, two snaps and a circle, and gold star thrown in for good measure.

Guest pavlik1

Hello To all of you.

I saw this forum after finishing similar conversion.

Just want to say great job.

Below are some pictures from my RC36.

I like the tail so may be I will not change.

The non original parts are:

The plastics

mounting hardware

windshield

headlight

mirrors

1216840712.jpg

1216840674.jpg

1216840611.jpg

1223451948.jpg

to be dine:

oil cooler under the main cooler

exaust re-work - custom made as pattent US2008/0196970

winter maintenance

and one pic from today:

1223468176.jpg

Edited by pavlik1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest pavlik1

hello all,

there are some new pictures from my ex original exaust. The only reason to modify the original is that it is not attracting the attention of the po....

the new ex is perfect, no spot on 6000rpm, top end reached very fast, great sound.

the original - very restricted.

ex1a.th.jpg

modification start.

ex2e.th.jpg

the new mesh insert

ex3.th.jpg

stainless steel wool - kitchen staff

ex5i.th.jpg

the rest of the space is filled up with glass wool or mineral wool - both work OK

some one mention the original instruments are not fiting, actualy they fit OK and the instrument support frame as well, just the upper two metal parts keeping the mirrors are removed, new are wellded in a different angle, so it fit the new fairing

instruments.th.jpg

and DIY crash pad.

crashpad.th.jpg

happy riding

Edited by pavlik1

• Member Contributer
Hello To all of you.

I saw this forum after finishing similar conversion.

Just want to say great job.

Below are some pictures from my RC36.

I like the tail so may be I will not change.

Looks AWESOME!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pavlik1

Oil cooler moved down. The cooler is from old honda, seems two times bigger.

28032009789.jpg

sthlfleh brake pipes in the to-do list

need some cleening :-) too

Edited by pavlik1

That is a great looking 3rd gen, well done :cool:

I am not too sure about the position of the oil cooler as it might get hit by a rock or something. Did you have to relocate the cooler, and why use one double the size of the orginal?

The larger oil cooler in that spot looks great, I reckon - like the RVF400s and RC30/45 set-up.

But nevermind the oil cooler location, that frame slider looks very interesting!

• 4 months later...
Guest Electrodynamic

Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since anything has been posted on our bike. We got the bike painted 1993 VFR white and finally got the CF beauty panels made. The headlights work REALLY well, as you can see in the pictures. The bike runs great and still sounds like a supercharged small block. smile.gif Here are some pictures I've taken over the past year or so:

VFR_side.JPG

VFR_side2.JPG

VFR_gauge.JPG

VFR_CF.JPG

VFR_corner.JPG

VFR_lights.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DeadFred

WOW! :goofy: NIIIICE!

Seriously inspirational job you have done there. Did you have do do anything special to use the Dzus fastners like installing new Dzus rails? did you have to buy rails for them? I kind of want to take on a rc36 to rc30 conversion and your page has given me some drive to get it done! Of course with the red white blue paintjob.