Its Not "purple" Anymore!

Silver#788

• Member Contributer
Dayum, that looks good :blink: How about some pics of the finished product :beer:

George brought over the front fender for me as a preview and pics don't do it justice.

We also have another project in the works for George's buddy Paul. It's an '86 VFR750F with a freshly rebuilt engine (hasn't even been started yet) and plastics finished with (get this!) spray-on bed liner. It's going to be completely cool (and easy to repair if damaged!), but you'll have to see it to believe it. I'll post pics asap.

• Member Contributer

George, that is looking very slick! Like everyone else, I'm waiting patiently for the finished assembly.

I took your advice and put on new grips and the vista cruise. Wow what a difference.

We have a new shop just opened here, now the dealer for Duccatti and BMW (1098 in the front) :thumbsup:

They have a Dyno! I ordered a PCIII as well, so looking forward to getting dialed in. There'll be much to talk about this

year at the VFRD PNW RM Meet. Are you still meeting us in Yakima?

I hope to keep up with you a little better this year, just to watch the bike shimmer. Again, nice choice (especially getting paid!)

• Member Contributer
Pearl White is the only color I would change for. Love to see the finished product!

George, I won't recognize the beast this summer.

A good friend of mine here in Vancouver did the same thing with his Duc SR4- went from blue to a beautiful pearl white w/ a tasteful 'Italian' stripe. It looks stunning in person - hope you get the same results - looks like you are off to great start!

gallery_130_2857_16705.jpg

The 'before' picture

gallery_130_2857_47533.jpg

Duc3.jpg

gallery_130_2857_71191.jpg

Duc4.jpg

gallery_130_2857_34423.jpg

Duc5.jpg

gallery_130_2857_1209.jpg

Duc2.jpg

• Member Contributer

Duc3.jpg

I'm not a fan of the two-cans-on-one-side look in general, since they end up looking too bulky. Those stubby Arrows look good, though.

He should've used white zip ties on the frame. They're easier to find than black ones at the hardware store.

I think it would look even better with the front fender painted to match. I've ended up with bare-carbon fenders on a couple of my bikes, and I've never been that crazy about them.

I don't think I could stand white wheels. I think you'd be cleaning them constantly.

• Member Contributer

Duc3.jpg

I'm not a fan of the two-cans-on-one-side look in general, since they end up looking too bulky. Those stubby Arrows look good, though.

He should've used white zip ties on the frame. They're easier to find than black ones at the hardware store.

I think it would look even better with the front fender painted to match. I've ended up with bare-carbon fenders on a couple of my bikes, and I've never been that crazy about them.

I don't think I could stand white wheels. I think you'd be cleaning them constantly.

Tell us how you really feel, don't hold back +1.gif

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I was going to ask the status on this, but went to your gallery and saw the pics.

That looks sweeet !!

I've always thought that gold graphics look good on white pearl, but with the polished rims and canister, I like your treatment much better.

Congrats on an excellent job :thumbsup: