Its Not "purple" Anymore!

Silver#788

• Member Contributer

So i got rid of the harely looking airbrushed crap. I really didnt hate it but It never did turn out how i had pictured in my mind. So what do you people think of the pearl white?

wh0101.jpg

wh0303.jpg

wh0202.jpg

wh0404.jpg

Its a long ways from this

P7140014.jpg

I am still polishing things, swing arm, fork tubes, front rim and new 8 spoke rear rim. More pics to come as the bike starts to go back together. I am hoping to get it onto the dyno next week and get my PCIII tuned in.

• Member Contributer
NICE!

Looks great.

Let us know how your dyno numbers work out.

Tommy I got your number and will call you for the dyno day. Lonny plans to get his done too

• Member Contributer

Do I see correctly,..is that opal with silver fleck, in the clear?

• Member Contributer
Do I see correctly,..is that opal with silver fleck, in the clear?

opal with ppg ultra fine platinum fleck. Camera hides the true color

NICE!

Looks great.

Tommy I got your number and will call you for the dyno day. Lonny plans to get his done too

Dyno day??? I need to hit the dyno too. Well, not right now, but around mid-May I will.

George, the new paint job looks sweet!! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
NICE!

Looks great.

Dyno day??? I need to hit the dyno too. Well, not right now, but around mid-May I will.

George, the new paint job looks sweet!! :thumbsup:

No problem I can get you in as well.

What was the total cost, if you don't mind saying???

$800 USD But I didnt pay out of pocket. The guy that ownes the dyno shop owed me money for IT work and the paint was instead of paying me cash. He paid less but I dont know what he paid. I just forgave a year old debt

• Member Contributer

I liked the purple, but I'll be interested to see your "new" bike. Should look kewl. What are you doing with the wheels (please don't say chrome)? Teleskier's is the sweetest 5th gen I've seen so far; I hope you'll give him a run for his money.

Does your dyno guy have the full Dynojet Tuning Link Center setup? My chipped and RSV-cammed Falco dynoed a bit rich last year, so I could probably gain a bit of power (and maybe better mileage) with a PCIII and the full meal deal.

• Member Contributer

Nice look, George! It'll help loads on the dyno. :goofy: Seriously, that's gonna look great. Post another photo when it's asembled again.

When is the dyno day happening? Can others of us tag along? Like David, I'd be interested in seeing if my PC map is close or needs more work.

If he's not a DynoJet center, the place my brother works at up in Seattle is.

Keith

So i got rid of the harely looking airbrushed crap. I really didnt hate it but It never did turn out how i had pictured in my mind. So what do you people think of the pearl white?

wh0101.jpg

wh0303.jpg

wh0202.jpg

wh0404.jpg

Its a long ways from this

P7140014.jpg

I am still polishing things, swing arm, fork tubes, front rim and new 8 spoke rear rim. More pics to come as the bike starts to go back together. I am hoping to get it onto the dyno next week and get my PCIII tuned in.

Looking at the pics of your nicely painted fairing pieces gave me an idea for a suggestion.

What if you paint the triangle under the windshield, all the way down to the pointed tip at the middle top of the headlight lens, a nice flat or satin black to give the front some accent.

Otherwise the pearl white paint looks really classy. :thumbsup:

Beck

95 VFR

Edited by Beck