Where To Find Parts?

PorradaVFR

• Member Contributer

My buddy's 2002 gave up the electrical ghost and toasted not only the 30A fuse holder, but the connectors too. We've looked high and low for 8mm Blade Connector but so far none of the local auto parts or Radio Shack places have panned out.

Short of paying $5 shipping for a $5 part, does anyone know where these might be sold? :unsure:

Right he's gone with a standard wire nut and my 2004 (knock on wood) appears to have factory-fresh wiring. I'd like to swap it out for some 10 AWG wiring and the more robust fuse holder, but not if I have to jury-rig the damn connectors. Thanks for any tips!

• Member Contributer
My buddy's 2002 gave up the electrical ghost and toasted not only the 30A fuse holder, but the connectors too. We've looked high and low for 8mm Blade Connector but so far none of the local auto parts or Radio Shack places have panned out.

Short of paying $5 shipping for a $5 part, does anyone know where these might be sold? :unsure:

Right he's gone with a standard wire nut and my 2004 (knock on wood) appears to have factory-fresh wiring. I'd like to swap it out for some 10 AWG wiring and the more robust fuse holder, but not if I have to jury-rig the damn connectors. Thanks for any tips!

your linky goes to a nice web page for connectors, however; if memory serves me the 6.3 mm is the same as our 1/4". if you have a stereo store in town many have the gold plated connectors for the "best connector" but then they may not be metric. if going to modify the existing wiring why worry about metric? i would use a size compatable with the load and wire size. consider the price of being stranded somewhere for the price of a few connectors!

Archived