Public Service Announcement

Rivcyko

Thanks for the info on the Force Silver. The local PPG distributor sold me a quart of stock base from their Global line, saying said it was a match. It was close, but definitely not a match.

I used the more economical OMNI line for clear coat this time one my tank and was shocked how easily and flawlessly it sprayed.

I used PPG Omni, , but they recently can out with ProLine to semi replace Omni even though you can still get Omni. Done a few bikes and have been pretty happy with the results! :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
Thanks for the info on the Force Silver. The local PPG distributor sold me a quart of stock base from their Global line, saying said it was a match. It was close, but definitely not a match.

I used the more economical OMNI line for clear coat this time one my tank and was shocked how easily and flawlessly it sprayed.

I used PPG Omni, , but they recently can out with ProLine to semi replace Omni even though you can still get Omni. Done a few bikes and have been pretty happy with the results! :fing02:

Both have been kind to me. The top $$$ PPG, is the ticket for me, (as my skills need some work). All formulas posted, will work with all PPG paints.

Buf,

Application makes a LOT of difference.

Glad I can help, even if it is saving a few bucks, on hundreds of dollars worth of paint.

As for GM yellow, they should have it on file,........................ or pay for your own scan. LOL. J/K.

• 6 months later...

Bump for a good thread - especially with all the bodywork going on!

Can we please have this topic pinned or stickied at the top of this forum listing?

This is really useful info that should be easy for everyone to find!

----'02-'04 ---- Force Silver

DBC5464F BRIGHT SILVER

DMD1687 Med. Alu 454.4

DMD1686 Fine Alu 9.4

DX685 Flatting 9.4

DMD641 Yellow 4.7

PRL93 Gold pea 3.2

DBX1689 Clear 23.5

Here's some real world proof of formula... took this formula that was spit out by a PPG Prophet machine in Michigan(Thanks again Trav!), and mixed it up using PPG DBU system paint out of a bank at a shop in NY.

I shot it on Poncho's track plastic, results are a perfect match to his tank which pulls double duty street & track:

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Glad to contribute to the team! Happy to help develop the pic, in Poncho's head. When Poncho called, my response was, "My help?" LOL. Seb is on the road to being legendary in paint and fab. Elated to see the culmination, of the vision.

Guest Pete McCrary

Here are 2 PPG paint codes, via there prophet system. In spite what I was told, by one fool, THEY DO NOT have a national data base, conglomerated with there prophet system. I had them mixed at 2 different distributers, and there lables are different. I don't know why. From the following info, I haven't had a problem getting more mixed, regardless of distributer. So, here they are for Deltron 2000.

**ALL ARE FOR 1 PINT**

----R-157----'02-'04 red

VOC: 5.8/% Lead: 0.00/ MSDS: DBC1

Tinting Guide: DBC75057 T

DMD1677 332.4

DMD1609 42.9

DMD1692 19.3

DMD1684 4.3

DMD642 3.9

DMD648 2.1

DBX1689 40.8

So are you saying all of these codes are the same color or does it take 7 numbers to constitute a PPG code? Stupid minds want to know. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Here are 2 PPG paint codes, via there prophet system. In spite what I was told, by one fool, THEY DO NOT have a national data base, conglomerated with there prophet system. I had them mixed at 2 different distributers, and there lables are different. I don't know why. From the following info, I haven't had a problem getting more mixed, regardless of distributer. So, here they are for Deltron 2000.

**ALL ARE FOR 1 PINT**

----R-157----'02-'04 red

DMD1677 332.4

DMD1609 42.9

DMD1692 19.3

DMD1684 4.3

DMD642 3.9

DMD648 2.1

DBX1689 40.8

So are you saying all of these codes are the same color or does it take 7 numbers to constitute a PPG code? Stupid minds want to know. :goofy:

The quote, you have, is the total break-down, of R-157,.....yes. they all contribute.

**ALL ARE FOR 1 PINT**

----R-157----'02-'04 red

DMD1677 332.4

DMD1609 42.9

DMD1692 19.3

DMD1684 4.3

DMD642 3.9

DMD648 2.1

DBX1689 40.8

So are you saying all of these codes are the same color or does it take 7 numbers to constitute a PPG code? Stupid minds want to know. :goofy:

Pete, a color CODE is the name or code for a color FORMULA. The list of components above is the autobody technician's "recipe" - the FORMULA for mixing up one pint of color CODE R157 red.

Remember yellow + blue = green from elementary school? This is a more advanced version. The numbers following each line item is the weight or "part" of the product added to the mix.

To mix the pint of R157 for you, the tech will take a pint container, put it on a scale, zero the scale, and add the amounts listed above.

Guest Pete McCrary

**ALL ARE FOR 1 PINT**

----R-157----'02-'04 red

DMD1677 332.4

DMD1609 42.9

DMD1692 19.3

DMD1684 4.3

DMD642 3.9

DMD648 2.1

DBX1689 40.8

So are you saying all of these codes are the same color or does it take 7 numbers to constitute a PPG code? Stupid minds want to know. :fing02:

Pete, a color CODE is the name or code for a color FORMULA. The list of components above is the autobody technician's "recipe" - the FORMULA for mixing up one pint of color CODE R157 red.

Remember yellow + blue = green from elementary school? This is a more advanced version. The numbers following each line item is the weight or "part" of the product added to the mix.

To mix the pint of R157 for you, the tech will take a pint container, put it on a scale, zero the scale, and add the amounts listed above.

Gotcha :goofy:

Guest Pete McCrary

I used PPG Omni, , but they recently can out with ProLine to semi replace Omni even though you can still get Omni. Done a few bikes and have been pretty happy with the results! :goofy:

Kevin:

Do spray your paint on or do you still use a 1" brush?

Pete

• 3 months later...

Paint formula for 2005 Winning Red: *****Makes 1 U.S. fluid ounce*****

Riv, please add this to your list above for easier reference, at your convenience... :fing02:

Manufacturer: Subaru

Brand Code: 77605 Main Layer 77605

OEM Code: O1W

Description: PREMIUM RED

Mixing Scheme: DELTRON 2000 (DBC SOL)

Price Code W

Variant: PRIME

MSDS: DBC1

SKU----------Desc.----------Increment:----------Cumulative:

DMD1677------RED------------30.3----------------30.3

DMD1605------MAGENTA--------1.4-----------------31.7

DMD1684------WHITE----------0.4-----------------32.1

So if you need to match this color, just print this post and bring it to an autobody shop that uses PPG products. They will know what to do with it. If they don't, run away! Run far, far, away!! :beer:

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

-----5th and 6th gen. side case cover touch-up------

Dupli-color auto spray

EDSFM 286

or upc: 026916122865

Couldn't source this in Canada (for my 04 VFR Clutch Cover ). The identical match here is Dupli-Color Perfect Match CBHA0928 Graphite Grey Met (NH91M), which I found at Canadian Tire in the Honda car/truck paint section. It's a 227g spray can (about 2/3 the size of a regular aerosol paint can).

• 2 years later...
Guest 20rc5100

Yes I'm guilty of bringing back a relic but it has great info. Also new to the forum!

Here is my question, since the formula for the R-157 is for a pint, will 1 pint cover all fairings and tank? Or do you typically need more to cover all the bodywork?

Also since Deltron 2000 has been phased out for more friendly versions does this effect the tinting guide or is that the same as the rest of the formula?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

----NHA30M----('05 SILVER)

Brand Code: 301274 DBC (Deltron 2000)

DMD649 65.3

DMD1682 315.2

DMD1683 41.9

DMD624 9.1

DMD1607 5.2

DBX1689 65.3

Nice! NHA30M (Digital Silver Metallic) is the trim color on the VFR1200. I really don't like paying ColorRite's ransom money. I will get a pint of this at my local PPG shop. I've got panniers, top cases and a hugger I'd like to color match. The main color, Candy Prominence Red, is a 3-stage paint and too much hassle. Plus it's a bit too loud to put on the accessories. Besides, silver is nice and generic, in case I need to re-use the luggage on another bike.

Thanks for posting this.