Public Service Announcement

Rivcyko

• Member Contributer

Here are 2 PPG paint codes, via there prophet system. In spite what I was told, by one fool, THEY DO NOT have a national data base, conglomerated with there prophet system. I had them mixed at 2 different distributers, and there lables are different. I don't know why. From the following info, I haven't had a problem getting more mixed, regardless of distributer. So, here they are for Deltron 2000.

**ALL ARE FOR 1 PINT**

----R-157----'02-'04 red

VOC: 5.8/% Lead: 0.00/ MSDS: DBC1

Tinting Guide: DBC75057 T

DMD1677 332.4

DMD1609 42.9

DMD1692 19.3

DMD1684 4.3

DMD642 3.9

DMD648 2.1

DBX1689 40.8

----NHA30M----('05 SILVER)

Brand Code: 301274 DBC (Deltron 2000)

DMD649 65.3

DMD1682 315.2

DMD1683 41.9

DMD624 9.1

DMD1607 5.2

DBX1689 65.3

----'02-'04 ---- Force Silver

DBC5464F BRIGHT SILVER

DMD1687 Med. Alu 454.4

DMD1686 Fine Alu 9.4

DX685 Flatting 9.4

DMD641 Yellow 4.7

PRL93 Gold pea 3.2

DBX1689 Clear 23.5

----'06 BASS BOAT BLACK----

DMD649 CLEAR1 18.5

DMD1683 BLACK 113.7

DMD614 BLUE 4.1

DX658 Urethane Flattening Agent 29.6

DMD1687 MED. ALUM 21.2

DMD624 VIOLET 16.8

DBX1689 CLEAR 192.1

-----5th and 6th gen. side case cover touch-up------

Dupli-color auto spray

EDSFM 286

or upc: 026916122865

• Member Contributer
Here are 2 PPG paint codes, via there prophet system. In spite what I was told, by one fool, THEY DO NOT have a national data base, conglomerated with there prophet system. I had them mixed at 2 different distributers, and there lables are different. I don't know why. From the following info, I haven't had a problem getting more mixed, regardless of distributer. So, here they are for Deltron 2000.

**BOTH OF THESE ARE FOR 1 PINT**

----R-157----

VOC: 5.8/% Lead: 0.00/ MSDS: DBC1

Tinting Guide: DBC75057 T

DMD1677 332.4

DMD1609 42.9

DMD1692 19.3

DMD1684 4.3

DMD642 3.9

DMD648 2.1

DBX1689 40.8

----NHA30M----('05 SILVER)

Brand Code: 301274 DBC (Deltron 2000)

DMD649 65.3

DMD1682 315.2

DMD1683 41.9

DMD624 9.1

DMD1607 5.2

DBX1689 65.3

This is following our previous discussion: Would you trust these over cyclepaint?

2: How about you have a pint/quart whatever I need to paint almost the whole bike now, then ship it to me including a nominal fee for your trouble?

SG

• Member Contributer

Not so much a factor of trust, they are spot on each other. It's nice to talk to a human, and have somewhere to go, if a problem should arise. So I vote PPG.

I'll have to see about #2. Find out how much your guy will need. Not sure about shipping hazmat over the boarder, as I'm not a distributer.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Update:

Side cover touch-up match.

Guest cigarbuf

Thanks for the info on the Force Silver. The local PPG distributor sold me a quart of stock base from their Global line, saying said it was a match. It was close, but definitely not a match.

I used the more economical OMNI line for clear coat this time one my tank and was shocked how easily and flawlessly it sprayed.

• Member Contributer
Thanks for the info on the Force Silver. The local PPG distributor sold me a quart of stock base from their Global line, saying said it was a match. It was close, but definitely not a match.

I used the more economical OMNI line for clear coat this time one my tank and was shocked how easily and flawlessly it sprayed.

Glad to help. It is few and far between, so, it really puts a smile on my face, when I can.

There shop line is pretty fair, also.

• Member Contributer

Travis

Any chance you could locate the lupis blue code for my y2k? I have a few nasty scratches on the tank for the PO

Thx

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
The Honda paint code for '02-'04 Silver is NH-411M.

Yes. But PPG doesn't not have the code. This is why I spent all this $$$.

Travis

Any chance you could locate the lupis blue code for my y2k? I have a few nasty scratches on the tank for the PO

Thx

Best thing is to take it to your ppg dealer, and have them match it. ('Bout $35.00).

• Member Contributer

Bu ti trust you more than my local PPG dealer :fing02:

The Honda paint code for '02-'04 Silver is NH-411M.

Yes. But PPG doesn't not have the code. This is why I spent all this $$$.

Travis

Thx

Best thing is to take it to your ppg dealer, and have them match it. ('Bout $35.00).

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
Travis

Thx

Dude,

PB257M is the color that I was given by a honda parts man.

vince

• Member Contributer
Trav, do you have the formula for R258 Winning Red somewhere? (2005 only color)

D-oh,...Nope.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

New here ,but not new to paint and body work, take a good panel with you and the can scan it and make it to the hue you have...you can get the honda color code but thats not of much use....sides the PPG is less costly than the Color-rite.....The choices of clearcoats can make for a nicer finnish...I'm doing a base coat clear coat on an antique GS850GN I have owned for about 30 years...the color code was long gone....I had one panel that was good...they scanned it made me 4 qts of ready to spray and IU got their production clear...fast dry.....If you are going to do it yourself...check out the MSDS saheets on the product and the prodcut description sheets all on the site for PPG...Can't wait to see my new 1979....

Rod

• Member Contributer

Rod. Cool welcome. New to paint, myself. I posted these, to save them on the scan fee. LOL.

Post pics of that bike, son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Forgot to mention that I painted Poncho's track plastic using the above formula for 02-04 Force Silver w/ no modifications, and it turned out to be a perfect match to his "good" tank & panels.

Thanks for posting Trav, you saved the PPG guy from taking a trip out to my place! :offtopic:

i wana paint my bike corvette velocity yellow

Then go to a Chevy dealer and ask for the VIN# off that color Corvette. Then take that VIN to a PPG-sponsored autobody shop/collision repair center, where they will be able to look up the formula and mix it for you.

i wana paint my bike corvette velocity yellow

Velocity Yellow GM RPO code 45U (WA 300N)

Take that to a painter or paint store and they will know what you need.

Edited by hawkman