Installing Radar's Custom Sliders - Black Bases

KanadianKen

• Member Contributer
Ladies and Gentlemen

If your wanting to install sliders like radar/ken but are afraid to cut fairings ( like me) trust me when i say if Ken can do it anyone can :thumbsup: :beer:

Once again nice work on the install, looks like a quality product :thumbsup:

THanks Dude - with friends like you, who needs enemies? And for the record I'm not as big of an asshat mechanic as my good friends would have you believe, however I do still need a lot of help figuring out all this two wheel mecanix stuff....

For my next trick, I will coerce Dude and MCrew to "Assist" me in changing my sprockets and chain!!! :thumbsup:

Agreeed you are not the asshat mechanic you lead us all to believe you are. I see your theory , tell us you suck at mechanics, sit on a chair with a beer and a flashlight while we do the work!!!!! Brilliant!!!!! We are on to you now Ken :goofy:

Crew get's the flashlight and the chair, I get the beer (sleemans plz )

Let us know when your doing the chain and sprockets cuz ahem we will be there to help anyway we can :thumbsup:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken, am I correct to think yo do not have to drill through the coolant tank?

THe coolant tank has to be altered, I just didn't get that part done yet. If you go to the R &G website - they show what the coolant bottle looks like after its altered.

Heres how it'll look once altered.

img99_3.jpg

After the wreck last July, I definately want a set. Looks to be much more precise than the R&G set I was thinking about. Topic will be tracked!!!

Ken....One helluva write up, not so detailed that it seems dumbed down too far but a solid basis for someone to refer to. Thanks.

Radar... I want one, PM me or I will you.....Sometime!!

After the wreck last July, I definately want a set. Looks to be much more precise than the R&G set I was thinking about. Topic will be tracked!!!

Ken....One helluva write up, not so detailed that it seems dumbed down too far but a solid basis for someone to refer to. Thanks.

Radar... I want one, PM me or I will you.....Sometime!!

Hawglet - thank you - I'm glad you were able to follow my install - I tried as best I could to keep it flowing and understandable. I'm sure that others could smooth this out even better - but I enjoyed it. Get in touch with Darren at : radar88ster AT gmail.com

• Member Contributer
Hey - if you guys want to talk about a set of sliders that is on Lady White Lightings bike, please start a new thread - I'm just trying to help out a guy with a great product idea, and share this super easy install method.

Those Sliders on Lady White Lightnings bike look like they'll be a great sturdy point to balance the back half of the bike onto the front turn signal :joystick: . Sorry - they look like they are in the worst possible location for a crash impact - also - wouldn't the knees be hitting them? Now go talk about other sliders elsewhere. This thread is reserved for the good stuff!!! :unsure:

Sorry. Understood. That's why I mentioned her thread. There is some reference here, though. (Just not that much).

Radar,

Newest premier member, behind Wirelesswill. LOL. (Gawd, I can't wait to meet you guys). Look'n sweet. Cover your head. Sure by now, you have plenty of orders.

Ken,

I assume that Radar sent instructions. ? . ? This thread coud be used as reference, if not, (Even for a word file). Throw it over, or whack them with a sledge hammer, to see what happens. Get it all worked through before mass sales. LOL. Ask me how I know.

One word. T!TS!

• Member Contributer

WOW, thanks Ken, way cool right up, I have been looking foreward to seeing those sliders on your bike all weekend while away, I have to say they do look awesome (not to toot my own horn, they do look good). To those of you that have PM me I will be getting back to you soon, I have to work out a few details like getting bolts ready ahead of time for those that don't have access to a machine shop at reasonable rates. I will have pricing as soon as I get my product back from the anodizer. Thanks everyone and I hope to have a good product for you soon.

• Member Contributer
RADAR will be providing details of his kit, and it fits both 5th and 6th Gen VFR’s.

OK

one idiot can ask more questions than 10 professors can answer, but why would this not work on a 4th gen? (i.e. mine)

• Member Contributer
RADAR will be providing details of his kit, and it fits both 5th and 6th Gen VFR’s.

OK

one idiot can ask more questions than 10 professors can answer, but why would this not work on a 4th gen? (i.e. mine)

Ummm, sure, don't see why that would be a problem PM me and we can start working out what you need.

Guest 767fixer

OK

Ummm, sure, don't see why that would be a problem PM me and we can start working out what you need.

ill gladly help with the "How To" :salesman:

• Member Contributer

I would also be glad to help with any print / layout design work.

I have already taken KKKKen's instructions and images and condensed into a handy booklet.

Can provide in .pdf or print / cut / staple / send actual copies. Run a full printing busn. out of the

house.

Build it and they will come (and when them come, if they fall they will be ok :salesman: )

• Member Contributer
I would also be glad to help with any print / layout design work.

I have already taken KKKKen's instructions and images and condensed into a handy booklet.

Can provide in .pdf or print / cut / staple / send actual copies. Run a full printing busn. out of the

house.

Build it and they will come (and when them come, if they fall they will be ok :salesman: )

K, that's cool, not quite at that stage yet but it may be a possiblity, let you know when i get that far.

Ken & Radar (Darren),

Congrats on what seems to be an awesome product and installation. I'm completely impressed with the machining and the thought that went into the design.

I would ride my '04 to Saskatoon and pay for a full install if that is ever a service that Radar offers.

Well done guys!

Zub

• Member Contributer

I've been holding our for canyon bars. I figure if I'm going to have to cut my plastics and redo the water bottle it had better be for a big project...

Radar, have you thought about engine cages?

THe coolant tank has to be altered, I just didn't get that part done yet. If you go to the R &G website - they show what the coolant bottle looks like after its altered.

Heres how it'll look once altered.

img99_3.jpg

Just wondering, can you buy rad tanks like that already altered?

I would definetly be in for a set once the kit is tapped/ more complete. Maybe an exchange/core program for the bolts like for starter motors/alternators on cars?

Great stuff guys!!

BTW, Ken, Sleemans 'Payroll Center' is conveniently located between Paris and Brampton...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub: :goofy: :beer:

Ontarioflag.gif

• Member Contributer
Ken & Radar (Darren),

Congrats on what seems to be an awesome product and installation. I'm completely impressed with the machining and the thought that went into the design.

I would ride my '04 to Saskatoon and pay for a full install if that is ever a service that Radar offers.

Well done guys!

Zub

Zub, I'm also from Edmonton. Would definately ride my 02 to Saskatoon too to get them installed as well.

• Member Contributer
Ken & Radar (Darren),

Well done guys!

Zub

Zub, I'm also from Edmonton. Would definately ride my 02 to Saskatoon too to get them installed as well.

Apparently I am going to have a busy summer doing installs, if you guys can organize a weekend together I will throw in a bbq and my world famous cheesecake

VeeferMadness - I'll do your install with you - its a piece of cake.Even for a monkeys ass like me, we take our time, get teh Sleemans chilling, and get at it.

I may have worked out an easy fix for the coolant bottle that is a little different than the corner notched out. I hope to finish minethis weekend, i'll post up my suggestion if it works.

ANy other members in the SOuthern Ontario area that want this done on either a 5th or 6th gen - and a 4th gen if its turn key - let me know. Happy to help.

Apparently I am going to have a busy summer doing installs, if you guys can organize a weekend together I will throw in a bbq and my world famous cheesecake

How's that gonna keep til it gets to Paris ON? :huh:

VeeferMadness - I'll do your install with you - its a piece of cake.Even for a monkeys ass like me, we take our time, get teh Sleemans chilling, and get at it.

I may have worked out an easy fix for the coolant bottle that is a little different than the corner notched out. I hope to finish minethis weekend, i'll post up my suggestion if it works

Thanks KK. Maybe with all this drinkin/bullshirtin goin on, could you tell me if there's a Motel 6 or somethin nearby? :goofy:

Or, we could set up a booth by the ICE HOUSE in Campbellville some weekend.... there, we'd at least have some 'test' roads around and all non-viffer/squids/hoggers would watch and be pissed off and all.... :goofy: :blink: :idea3:

When you look at these two photos - you will see two recesses. One is the seat face of the frame, and then there is a raised "shoulder". The original slider bases that Radar made didn't accommodate for both - as the 5th Gen that he has didn't have the two surfaces. We took some measurements and then Darren sent me an anodized Black set that he tweaked to fit these recesses - and they fit spot on. Perfect fit on both mating surfaces - stronger connection to the frame. These slider sets are unreal quality pieces that I hope I never get to test.

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3920.jpg

Here's the revised slider base in anodized Black.

IMG_4070.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

I'll install them completely with my fairings this afternoon to show the overall fit and finish. I might even clean up the hole saw holes before snapping the pics to reduce the stomach turning effect that holes in fairings cause to some here.... :rolleyes:

Didn't somebody on here once post that they used black door edge moulding to hide the cut edge, putting the joining seam at the bottom of the hole, so as to hide it?

Wow, I almost passed out, that was such a long sentence..... I gotta go lie down :o :wacko: :goofy:

that trim shouldn't be required - the holes are clean, and you won't be able to see them... I'll snap some photos shortly.