Another De-dumbo-ing

Guest PaPP

Guest FLsurfer

Great job PaPP.

The glass work is tops. I build surfboards so I'm experienced with resin and your work looks really good.

I'm always looking at my bike and noticing little things I could do to improve the looks, but I don't have the painting skills.

Always stops me from attempting any mods. I think how easy it would be to build up this or cut out that, then I think how much it would cost to repaint when I'm done.

great job!

Edited by FLsurfer

• Member Contributer
The Aprilia bolt dimensions are a little narrower than the VFR's but I think Safe-T covered that. I have one I'm working with now, needs a mounting spacer to move the mirror out a little and put it at a more useful angle.

50mm spacing on the Aprilia mirrors - same as 5th gen Honda OEM. I mounted them without spacers and I think they look great but not very useful for actually seeing behind you ala Franco in The Gumball Rally.

The Aprilia bolt dimensions are a little narrower than the VFR's but I think Safe-T covered that. I have one I'm working with now, needs a mounting spacer to move the mirror out a little and put it at a more useful angle.

50mm spacing on the Aprilia mirrors - same as 5th gen Honda OEM. I mounted them without spacers and I think they look great but not very useful for actually seeing behind you ala Franco in The Gumball Rally.

Oh - and a belated reply to AB's question - the Suzuki's are 50mm too, I believe.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

i am interested to see how this holding up, fiberglass insert in ABS may develop cracks around the perimeter due to bond issues and different flex characteristics. I would try ABS panel repair backed with some mesh or screen.

I hope it still looks this good!

• Member Contributer
i am interested to see how this holding up, fiberglass insert in ABS may develop cracks around the perimeter due to bond issues and different flex characteristics. I would try ABS panel repair backed with some mesh or screen.

I hope it still looks this good!

Send him a PM if you get bored waiting.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, just wanted to tell everybody after what, 2 years and probably about 8k miles, there's not a hint of a crack anywhere. I really layered that stuff up heavy front and back which probably helps. My family's been known to over engineer everything, so I think she'll be fine!

Anyone have a link to the aftermarket led mirrors and adapters? I think they were gsxr ones?

Thanks!

• 5 years later...