Custom Devil Dual Underseat Exhaust System

Veefer800Canuck

Guest theelf

Man great job just awesome.. :biggrin: the guy that built the pieces could build a header system?? the connector pipes look great nice finish just awesome...I one day will attempt to get a true header made for a 6th gen with the expansion pipes between the down pipes like an araknapovic showing wields like a dirtbike prociruit pipe..until then i will dream ...

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys, it looks even better now that the undertray has been welded up (the rivits are still there, just had all the seams welded solid) and also the entire undertray and subframe are ceramic coated in heat-resistant flat black.

100_4322.jpg

100_4321.jpg

000_0086.jpg

000_0087.jpg

That's Hispanic Slammer standing behind the bikes, not smiling and waving. wink.gif

Picture278.jpg

• 10 months later...
Guest mikethaninefive

I know this is a dinosaur thread but did you notice any performance gain after your header was Jet Hot coated? I called to inquire and the salesman claimed a 300 degree drop in skin temp and a 10% power gain.10% seems like a pretty big number...... I still want it, I'm just curious if you gained any power. Thanks :)

• Member Contributer

Ask the salesmanto put in writing he will reimburses the cost of coating and 2 dyno runs to you if the dynocharts (one before and one after coating) donot show 10% increase.... :laughing6-hehe:

Guest mikethaninefive

Ask the salesmanto put in writing he will reimburses the cost of coating and 2 dyno runs to you if the dynocharts (one before and one after coating) donot show 10% increase.... :laughing6-hehe:

That's a good idea, maybe I can get him to do a custom map for an "after" run, lol He can reap the benefit of a big increase and I get my bike to run better! Sounds good to me, I don't know if he'll agree though, lol..... ;)

Guest mikethaninefive

I coated mine, and I dont know if it really improved the HP, but it def dropped the temps a bit. Oh, and it looks awesome too... that helps

Sold! Lol I wanted Orange but they don't have it here. Funny, I would think there would be a demand for the Chevy guys :/ lol I think I'm going to go with the sterling though. Do you have pics of yours anywhere and VFRD? TIA

I have no idea about power gains as the bike was not dynoed before/after.

I know that with the highmount Micron that was on there before, I dynoed 100.6 HP, but that was a couple years before I put the new exhaust on.

The bike has not been to the Dyno since, but if I get an opportunity, I'd try it again.

I know it would not be comparable, two different dynos, 4 years apart, etc, etc.

But I'd do it anyhow say, if a local dealer were having an Open House ot similar and had the dyno trailer parked out front for ~20 bucks a pop.

All I can say for sure is that, seat of the pants, the bike feels as strong as ever, and I've owned her since 2000.

• 3 months later...
Guest Vfrninja

Hello to all. Honored to be a part of this community. I've had a 2000vfr for a year now. I absolutely adore my Vfr. So to get to the point. Does u know where I can get a D&D can in gta(greater Toronto area)? As well in the aluminum models, do the black & silver sound the same? By now thanks.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

yeah i am interested to know, ive been eye balling a pair of Dan moto titanium cans that a buddy has left off of his z1000... they're 2" inlet which seems like it may be a hassle but maybe they sell smaller inlet/diameter cans

Looking at Dan moto cans are 3.54" around and a sleeve length of 11.8" with 2.02" inlets... Length and inlet seem ok but wondering if the cans are too large in diameter to fit in there side by side...

FYI:

They said they do custom specs too in case anyone was wondering... It's $305 shipped for 2 cans custom made with titanium sleeves, the carbon should be a little cheaper. $275 for their standard spec cans. Good email response time too, especially for Hong Kong or where ever.

it doesn't sound like much, but that's an extra centimeter for both cans combined.

I can have a look and see if they might fit, but it would be really close, if at all.

its more food for thought anyhow no worries on looking, im looking at photos and it looks as if the cans will fit but i would have to stagger the mounting clamps if they were that size. When i get around to it i will probably shell out the extra $30 and make them 3.25" around with a 1.5" inlet and their standard 12" length