The Phantom Meets Frankenstein

The Phantom

• Member Contributer

I prefer Hondamaha(haha). :fing02:

Laugh all you like, :laugh: Yamaha have some amazing paintjobs.........

Image+4.png

:fing02:

Phantom/Muzzah: I must've missed something along the line somewhere - the last I knew, your bike was black.

[Edit: looked back at the earlier posts in the thread about colour choice. Ahhhh....]

Anyway, it's looking very good! :unsure:

Can't wait for the next exciting instalment.

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

I thought my 4+ year build was a long time. Looking good, though, it's been so long since an update you had to bring back the same old PM to get things moving along again.....

:wink:

Ha, yes this build has been through a few changes of government... plus the arrival of kids, an interstate relocation, etc...

Anyway, no excuses, I've just been slack. I have recently re-organised the workshop, though - I can actually see the bike now - so hopefully I'll be able to get things moving again in the next week or two.

Little baby steps. How about I try to do one thing per week and post an update here. That might help to kick things along again.

Ha, yes this build has been through a few changes of government... plus the arrival of kids, an interstate relocation, etc...

Anyway, no excuses, I've just been slack. I have recently re-organised the workshop, though - I can actually see the bike now - so hopefully I'll be able to get things moving again in the next week or two.

Little baby steps. How about I try to do one thing per week and post an update here. That might help to kick things along again.

Honestly don't make promises you can't keep, your worse than my daughters with excuses. Had kids, move states, etc note to self you have had that bike build going for over 10 years there is no excuse unless your build is a prototype with technology that hasn't been invented yet.

I fully understand a passion to tinker, but the same thing for over 10 years that your not even building a totally new frame or any major engineering is just sad. You would be far better off returning the 4th gen back to totally stock standard & displaying it as a center piece in your home. I know that is harsh muzz but come on you have been posting pictures & commenting on builds & mods for so long using yours as examples but in reality you didn't learn the lesson of little toot properly.....you think you can but FAILED.

We don't want stupid pictures of one extra bolt installed, finish the thing & post the completed project because the time you have taken you could have worked on the bike for 30mins per week & it still would have been finished years ago.

• Like 1

It's nothing I haven't expressed to Murray before, it will be a very good example of a franfenviffer 4th gen when finished, I just want to see the finished product not tall stories.

LOL yep not the first time I've had that from Roy, and he's right... just the other day I came across some emails where he and I were discussing the possibility of importing some JE kits to take the 4th Gens out to 840cc, and the emails were from 2006...

I'll post a real progress pic at the end of next week.

• Member Contributer

The day you finish your build, a bit of VFRD's "couleur locale" will have gone...... ;-)

Roy when you are through with Murray would you like to swing by 'muhrica and whip me into shape as well? :goofy:

I'll give you slack Seb because you have so many projects going on at once, Murray does have a VW Kombi now to restore but does need to finish his first project. I only rib him so much because I want to see the finished result as his build has some trick parts. I think those that tinker never really finish a project because you always find something to change but you need to finish version 1 first :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Ha Rob of all the people to gee me up :) You're right but in my defence I have just come home yesterday from a two week holiday. Into it tomorrow! (I don't go back to work till Thursday).

• Member Contributer

The cheque is in the mail

I was only helping that sheep cross the road

All in good fun ;-)