The Phantom Meets Frankenstein

The Phantom

• Member Contributer

So there is now no breather tube??

Would that not cause problems of some sort?

• Member Contributer

So there is now no breather tube??

Would that not cause problems of some sort?

I believe he said he put in a breather line routed to the airbox.

Yep, initially I was going to fit a Bunn Breather (basically a valve and air filter) but going to the airbox was simple and will work well enough. And no chance of an oil leak onto the rear tyre.

• 1 year later...

Still slowly chipping away at this, recent pic with 848 wheel fitted (but with further work to do).

22712147043_bd9875d6d9_c.jpg

Post #137 details the mods to the bike. Well, most of them. I always forget stuff.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/28369-the-phantom-meets-frankenstein/?p=936855

Hey Leon, sometimes even I don't see it for months at a time.. years, even :mellow:

Couple more pics.

The fuel tank on it is off my 'stock' 4th Gen, the actual tank is away being modified. But in this pic you can see why I switched the rear valve cover. And how the CBR600F4 fairing works around the stator cover, and the exhaust (like it was made for it!).

You can also see the CBR600F4i dash - new old stock from a closing down Honda dealer, $50! It does that cool tacho sweep to redline when you power it up :comp13:

22876981023_f7ce427fe7_c.jpg

The little 'intakes' on either side of the nose are actually from under the headlight on a CBR1100XX, I cut the original 'ram air' scoops off the CBR600F4 nosecone. Test fitted with CBR600RR mirrors but it will have CBR1100XX (aka Honda NR) mirrors when done. Dual HID projector headlights in the F4 headlight housing, each is bi-xenon (so dual HID low beam and dual HID high beam).

22875792104_6198abb18f_c.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Still slowly chipping away at this, recent pic with 848 wheel fitted (but with further work to do).

Post #137 details the mods to the bike. Well, most of them. I always forget stuff.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/28369-the-phantom-meets-frankenstein/?p=936855

What sub frame you using? Bitsnpieces from the 98-> R1?

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

That day I will put a small flying pig decal on my bike

No pressure ok? :-)

What sub frame you using? Bitsnpieces from the 98-> R1?

2002 R6, the four frame spars come close to the VFR main frame subframe mounts but need to be shortened and modified. At some point I'll put a pic up showing the mods required. The seat matches the VFR tank shape perfectly and the entire tail unit complete with battery weighs less than just the bare VFR subframe...

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hey only three and a half years later to the next update.

Not much has changed going by the pic. But lots of things have changed. A 2015 R1 front wheel is now resident in the workshop, nearest thing to the 848 10Y rear wheel I could find that was an easy fit - straight bolt-on, 2004 R1 discs fit, axle fits.

The SebSpeed c;lear clutch cover has received a couple of additions to spruce it up.

All other work not shown in pic, but the bodywork is seriously underway at the moment.

74205711_10157861468287834_3005333374588

• Like 1

• 3 months later...