I Have Full Motad Exhaust On It's Way!

AKVFRGUY

• Member Contributer

Hi All

I am a very happy viffer today. I just found a US importer for Motad Exhaust System for my 2000 VFR. It is a header to collecter w/o cat. con. or O2 censor. I hope to have it in the next 2 weeks. I hope to have pictures and I will let you know how it fites. They say they have Vtec ones also. It is worth checking out. I am thinking of going with a Micron High mount also but I am going to see how my TBR slip on is going to do first with the new add on.....

• Member Contributer

Yes it is but it makes for a great time to do all my mods for summer. Stinks i have to wait so long to try them out lol...

• Member Contributer

LOL...He is prepping for future use.....

How much did that run you? Also, aren't you going to need a custom map to get the full potential out of it?

• Member Contributer

The price is around $700 but I am not sure on shipping yet. I just ordered it and price was not an issue after the excitment i had after finding one. I geuss after the shock wears off and the bill comes in then it will matter lol I know the wife is not near as happy as I am lol

• Member Contributer

Yes I found a dyno and i have a pc II that I will have to remap but I am hoping that want be a problem. I may have to up grade to a pc III we will have to see how it goes....

Hi All

I am a very happy viffer today. I just found a US importer for Motad Exhaust System for my 2000 VFR. It is a header to collecter w/o cat. con. or O2 censor. I hope to have it in the next 2 weeks. I hope to have pictures and I will let you know how it fites. They say they have Vtec ones also. It is worth checking out. I am thinking of going with a Micron High mount also but I am going to see how my TBR slip on is going to do first with the new add on.....

Hey:

Is it like these? Apparently they are made for various gens and will ship internationally...

On 6th gens there's even a tab for the kickstand, no mods required. I think these guys were mentioned in a long lost/burned topic by a member from the UK?

Me likey.... :mellow:

http://www.predatorexhaust.co.uk/unitrader/shop/product/311

Oh man, yous guyz cot me browzin.... with the exchange I wonder how close it would come to gutting the cat and say jet hotting the stockers? :blush:

• Member Contributer

They are a Distribution company for Micron, Hyper Pro, and Motad. There number is 1-847-526-6100. They have alot of good stuff. they are based in Chicago and San Diego. They do not have a web site. They are suppliers and use other web sites. It is kinda like buying direct. They told me they are going to start caring more full systems. For VFR's various years. The man to talk to is Steve Larson he can pretty much find you anything.

• Member Contributer

http://www.motad.co.uk/product.php?prod=VF...+Collector+Unit

This what I am getting. And they are shipping more then one so i get a better price. But if you want to contact them direct you can. You just have to be up around 3AM to talk to anyone lol

http://www.motad.co.uk/product.php?prod=VF...+Collector+Unit

This what I am getting. And they are shipping more then one so i get a better price. But if you want to contact them direct you can. You just have to be up around 3AM to talk to anyone lol

May be a moot point now but, there seems to be a fair difference in the warranty coverage :mellow:

To members:

My name is Steve Larson, I work in the customer support of Annitori Distributing, the North American importers of Motad exhausts which are being discussed here.

Not trying to invade your world, but there are probably questions which I might be able to assist with, or at least find answers to regarding the Motad exhausts, or any of the other products we carry.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with this new line we have begun to bring to North America.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Larson

Steve Larson welcome to VFRD

I'm after a set of headers for my VFR800VTEC 04 but have resisted buying some due to the problem I have scraping the LHS (see pic) & don't want to destroy some $$ aftermarket ones. Would you know if the headers your able to supply mount higher in this area or are they the same as standard. Also I live in Australia so what would cost be like to ship & would it be cheeper if I buy more than one set.

a70pictures017qz5.jpg

I'm after a set of headers for my VFR800VTEC 04 but have resisted buying some due to the problem I have scraping the LHS

Now that sounds familiar... mine are worse that that I've actually worn through them...

Would you know if the headers your able to supply mount higher in this area or are they the same as standard. Also I live in Australia so what would cost be like to ship & would it be cheeper if I buy more than one set.

+ 1 here... as long as they mount higher as mentioned above.

• Member Contributer

Hey All

I am very happy to hear how interested you all are i have not got mine yet. As soon as i do i will tell you all how it went. The questions you are all asking can be answered by Steve Larson. He left his phone number. 1 888-963-1212 Call him he will be happy to help you out...

In response to the grounding issue:

Motad has tucked the system in/up as far as possible- so it is not "better" than stock (there is really not anywhere to put it besides where it is), just not worse like several aftermarket systems. V-4's are tough to work with (just ask any team that tried to race them!), and issues like these do occur due to the overall design.

We do represent Hyperpro Suspension as well, and although I am not directly familiar with the VTEC bike, normally grounding issues like these are more suspension related then exhaust related. Japan has been notorious for suspensions which are simply TOO soft, so wear them down a bit with use and you end up grinding all sorts of things.

Do either of you have any suspension changes already done or information on your settings which might shed some light on this?

Maybe we should start a new suspension thread and not hijack this one...? :unsure:

In response to the pricing question, shipping costs to Australia are going to be expensive, not to mention you have some ugly import taxes and duties from times we have done it in the past. We are OK with it from our end, but I think we need to speak so you know at your end exactly what is involved.

Happy to work with you as I can, email me directly and we can discuss.

Steve Larson

Thanks to Steve for not actively hawking or soliciting products on the VFRd site, but rather keeping the discussion about the product information/benefits/availability and not focussing on sales/pricing.

Any discussions regarding individual purchases should preferably go through private channels (email) as Steve has indicated.

And we certainly do appreciate the information and availability of aftermarket support for our bikes.

May be a moot point now but, there seems to be a fair difference in the warranty coverage :warranty:

I am not sure what you are asking here? Please let me know as Warranty Policy is always important to anyone making a purchase.

Steve Larson

Thanks for reply steve & yes suspension will have a major effect on ground clearance but my bike has Wilbers 3 clicker shock & full SP1 front end & is setup for my weight :-)

I understand there is no real room to run headers tighter in that position but even 5mm heigher would make a big differance in that lower area.

The problem with the VFR is it just goes around corners so well that with the lean angle of modern tyres you tend to start scraping everything if you like twisting the right hand. I know the VFR isn't a sports bike so ground clearance is limited but when you tip in & she wants more how can you say no :fing02:

Just a note on importing stuff to Australia, especially motorcycle stuff.

The upper limit is $1000AUD before we have to start paying import duties, BUT, the only m/c item that should attract duty and GST is a starter motor. Dont ask me why, I'm just telling you what I know. This site will tell you more:

Oz Customs

Like Roy, I have a modified front end, and imported a lot of stuff from US to do it, paying zero duty.

Sorry for the thread hijack, thought some might want to know...

Archived