Vtec R/r P/n 31600-mcw-d01 Vs .....-...-d61

Veefer800Canuck

I assume that the -D61 is the later version and the -D01 is the earlier.

Reason I ask is that one of the forum members is selling one and I was hoping to get the latest, greatest version.

I know some rewiring is required to fit a 6th gen R/R to a 5th gen, that doesn't make me fret none (see .sig)

Biggest upside is the extra voltage sensing wire on the 6th gen.

• Member Contributer

um, not sure on the part num since i dont want to go out in the rain and pull off my rear cowl to check.

However, one thing you may contemplate that i have myself contemplated is moving the RR to the right side of the bike. If you do th eretrofit you have to do some wire extensions anyway on the yellow leads so a few extra inches is not a big deal, but then you could cut a small vent hole in the underside of the cowl on that side for ventilation.

Honda put a heat dumping part in a chamber with only a single air inlet, no outlet. that means no air movment.

I was going to cut one on the left side and leave it till i started cleaning the spot of chain goo off that flings there before cutting and i realized i would get chain goo and water in my fairing if i did it on the chain side. My final answer is to put on a clamshell vent but that will look slightly wrong where a hole would be invisible.

Archived