5th Gen. Bug Busters

Rivcyko

• Member Contributer

Hi all. Finally started production of 5th gen. Bug Busters. Smoothing of the process is ongoing. Got the first one off. (Got a bit heavy on the clear coat). Need to take this one down and re-clear, but you get the idea. I'm afraid it's black only now. C.F. and texilums are in the works. They are what they are.

gallery_2922_262_347031.jpg

100_3272.JPG 5th gen. 3

gallery_2922_262_394174.jpg

100_3277.JPG 5thn gen. 2

gallery_2922_262_165302.jpg

100_3274.JPG 5th gen 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
I have a 5th Gen with a ZG Touring shield, if you like I can ship my shield to you to confirm fit to a ZG shield. If you do not think it is necesary for you to use my ZG that is ok too. I would love a CF version if possible, let me know how much, it would go well with the CF dash & yoke cover I got.

Thanks. I'll try the gallery again.

Damn. No worky.

All I need are these three dims.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...i&img=17086

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...i&img=17085

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...i&img=17084

While I do appreciate it, they are close enough, that if I had these dims., I could tell you if it fits, or I have to re-mold.

• 3 weeks later...
I still don't get it.

In 10k miles I've never been stung or bitten or even noticed anything coming up through that gap.

I have had nasty bugs sucked up inside my face shield in the past, but solved that with a helmet chin curtain.

Is the bug buster for those folks who don't wear gear?

I ride in the dark before the sun comes up on the north Georgia backroads in the AM. No streetlights around and lots of bugs. The bug buster gets the bigger ones that would have ended up splattered on my chin or in my jacket.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Any one got dim.'s? Lobster was kind enough to let me test on against his Puig. The Puig's radius is much greater, than stock. Unless there is a large demand, I won't re-mold. As for stockers,... :huh: Looks like Kevin has a one-off. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Bueller,...........Bueller,...........Bueller,........... LOL.

• Member Contributer

I have no idea what the process is to buy one, but I would like a CF BB. I would also like CF Hugger. I have an 06... I will pay... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
I have no idea what the process is to buy one, but I would like a CF BB. I would also like CF Hugger. I have an 06... I will pay... :thumbsup:

Start here. http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20704. You can e-mail me, from here or my web pages. And all thanks to miguel and the mods!

I'll measure mine but the snow is going to have to clear off some first.

Sweet, Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Iffy measurements:

No.3 taken right where the radius starts up, .514

No.2 center to top of screen, .670

No.1 length from tip of cowl to front of windscreen, 6.8"

This is with a Givi touring screen. The front of it is almost identical to oem. No.3 is the one that I'm most unsure of. As the cowl radius changes, the windscreen drops rapidly also.

• Member Contributer

Hey Rick,

I will send measures and pics as soon as i get home to help you out. Now to get a Great hugger i guess i have to buy a 02? lol. I should be back home around the 12 of Jan. hope that is not to late for you. You sound like you need to get a full line of stuff going. You would clean house here in the U.S. The Bizz would realy take off for you if you decided to go into business for your self. Thanks for all the man hours you sre putting in on some great qaulity products.

• Member Contributer
Iffy measurements:

No.3 taken right where the radius starts up, .514

No.2 center to top of screen, .670

No.1 length from tip of cowl to front of windscreen, 6.8"

This is with a Givi touring screen. The front of it is almost identical to oem. No.3 is the one that I'm most unsure of. As the cowl radius changes, the windscreen drops rapidly also.

Ya. No.3 is a PITA, with all th radii. Hard to get a solid reference point from outter space. It fit on Lobster's Puig, looks like it will fit on the Z.G. too. The problem is the no.3 dim. The Dum-Dum would fill the area, but it's kind of cheesy. I have 2 black ones, if you want to give it a shot. (Give a big discount, as they are first runs, and this would be a bit of an experiment). As always, if it is intollerable, I'll be happy to refund.

Hey Rick,

I will send measures and pics as soon as i get home to help you out. Now to get a Great hugger i guess i have to buy a 02? lol. I should be back home around the 12 of Jan. hope that is not to late for you. You sound like you need to get a full line of stuff going. You would clean house here in the U.S. The Bizz would realy take off for you if you decided to go into business for your self. Thanks for all the man hours you sre putting in on some great qaulity products.

Cool, I do appreciate it.

Have been tossing around different ideas of how to make them all universal. Not sure how to do it. Had considered making them of urathane, so they could be flexed, highly, to comform to most any application. Problem is, It's not shiney, and would be less shiney, the more sun it got. Spacers, are a viable option, as long as it wouldn't interfere with functionality. :warranty: At this point, making a mold for every application, with this low a demand, is improbable. Damn.

Do not fear! I think too much. I'll figure out something.

By the by, If anyone wants to donate there non tweeked, 5th gen., a$$ end, for huggers, I'm game. LOL.

• Member Contributer
Ok... carbon fiber or plain black on the pearl white? I have a carbon fiber instrument cluster...

LOL. Wrong thread, for you, my friend. LOL. Hell, couldn't buy one Before the avatar/calender pic. LOL. I'll help you narrow it down,....White isn't an option. LOL. How 'bout C.F. LOL. (AAMOF, it's curing right now. Black is still an option). What color grill and what windscreen you use'n?

• Member Contributer
Ok... carbon fiber or plain black on the pearl white? I have a carbon fiber instrument cluster...

LOL. Wrong thread, for you, my friend. LOL. Hell, couldn't buy one Before the avatar/calender pic. LOL. I'll help you narrow it down,....White isn't an option. LOL. How 'bout C.F. LOL. (AAMOF, it's curing right now. Black is still an option). What color grill and what windscreen you use'n?

You are freaking me out!!! :warranty:

Stock shield... looking at aftermarket. My grill is all gold... that's how we roll in 904! :salesman:

EDIT: I will take another pic...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

You are freaking me out!!! :goofy:

Stock shield... looking at aftermarket. My grill is all gold... that's how we roll in 904! :salesman:

EDIT: I will take another pic...

"There was one?" LOL.

This thread, for 6th gens. http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...20704&st=60

Black and silver grills, are all I offer. You could always paint it gold. :thumbsup:

Let me know what you decide, on the windscreen.

• Member Contributer

If it will ever warm up past single digits here, I could cut a paper plug, scan and add measurements and you'd have something accurate. I'd hate to add a time prediction. The weather god is really pissed at me these days.

Archived